Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2014 8:53:16 PM EDT
On other forums I frequent, when someone posts something new and you get an email, the link takes you directly to the new post. I really like that feature and think it makes things a bit easier.

On here, someone could post a reply (or qoute) form page 1 of a rather large thread and then you'd have to use the dropdown to go to the last page. If you have been away from a thread for a while and don't remember where it was you last left off and many pages have been added, you could miss things.

I believe it's called "achoring", but I'm not 100% sure on that.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:26:20 PM EDT
[#1]
+1

Love the feature on other boards.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:28:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
+1

View Quote

Glad to see I'm not the only one. Makes it nice when you've been away from a thread in a long time and don't remember where you left off.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 10:24:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Or you don't have time to read all 50 pages at once, and have a hard time remembering what page you were on.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:30:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Apparently the Staff don't give a shit nor read this things huh?
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 10:47:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Buuuuuuuumpo
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 9:51:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Doesn't the green arrow work for you?
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 9:57:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Glad to see I'm not the only one. Makes it nice when you've been away from a thread in a long time and don't remember where you left off.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
+1

the "last read post" button has been a thing for a while.

It's the little green button in your subscriptions, directly to the left of the thread title.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 1:03:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It's the little green button in your subscriptions, directly to the left of the thread title.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
+1

I got that. I'm talking about the link in the email that the board sends out when a new post is created.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top