Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2014 3:21:17 PM EDT
I hate to think I am the only knucklehead that has a hard time finding the listing or the seller from the AR15 EE.

It can't be that hard to find someone.
I have his email address but there has to be a way, to simply search on the item ( failed) search on his email ( failed) or god knows what ?

Does anyone else go through this?
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 3:40:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Post an "I'll take it" in the thread to subscribe, easy to find in your subscriptions folder later.

The alternative is to search for key words in the post using the search function. Make sure when searching an item you have the time period set to 30 days and not 24 hours.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:05:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:42:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Phil: You've already illiterated these same points in a similar post that was loud and clear to me. I get it-thank you. I followed your link here to present it to the suggestion box so perhaps the developers may choose to revisit this some day. The search function takes some getting use to at least for me. Thanks for the tips.
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There are plenty of ways already available to you.

Posting in the EE thread which you should be doing anyway so you can use the feedback system, will allow you to use the search engine to locate the thread.

Subscribe to the thread and use the subscription system.

Bookmark the thread in your browser.

How did you make your initial contact with the seller?

-IM: send & save a copy which you should be doing, copies of all communications are crucial to dispute resolution. You'll have the screen name and can search the EE for threads started by.

-Site generated email: send & save a copy which you should be doing, copies of all communications are crucial to any dispute resolution. You'll have the screen name and can search the EE for threads started by.

-Email listed in the ad thread: You said that you have the email address, the web based email accounts I use are highly searchable.

Registered emails aren't searchable. Email posted in an ad is searchable.

Searching for the item is can be done using the site search engine or Bing and Google using site:ar15.com to specify the board.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:30:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top