Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/12/2014 12:35:55 PM EDT
GB,

It would be oh-so-awesome inside the PM system if a username was clickable to their profile. Many times I am messaging someone who I only know by their avatar, or I am doing a deal and I want to find out their feedback and I want to see their profile page.

I have to do a google search for ar15.com and their username to pull up the profile.

It would be nice to be able to just click usernames in your PM list or be able to click the username when you open a PM, or even have a button somewhere that says 'profile' when a message is open.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 12:48:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Privacy..
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 2:06:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Privacy..
View Quote

Only if you believe in security through obscurity. Many of us end up checking the user profile of people we don't know who IM here or on other web pages.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 12:53:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Privacy..
View Quote

It has nothing to do with privacy.

When someone PM's me it is normally for an EE deal, or someone out of the blue who I don't know unless I see their avatar....an active link to their profile only accessible by your in YOUR PM box would be an immense help to see who they are or check their feedback.

There is no expectation of privacy in a direct private message between two users who choose to message themselves
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top