Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2017 4:45:18 PM EDT
Am I the only one absolutely hooked on Brunello di Montalcino's??? My favorite wine maker is fattoria la lecciaia. Right now I'm buying up the Riserva and vigna Manapetra... 2009, 2010's are out there.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 9:56:45 PM EDT
[#1]
No one likes Brunello? Really?
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 1:25:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I started collecting Brunello a couple years ago.  Love the stuff.  Montalcino and chianti as well.

Pacenti
Campogiovanni
Argiano
La Poderina
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 8:06:51 AM EDT
[#3]
My wife and I are not generally wine drinkers, but we splurge once or twice a year and get a good Brunello -- typically something from Renieri.  

Brunellos seem to be more consistent than other wines.  Medocs can sometimes be very good or barely drinkable.  At their worst, Brunellos are just average. At their best, Brunellos are fantastic.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 5:19:00 AM EDT
[#4]
My wife and I acquired a taste for it when we visited wineries in Montepulciano and Montalcino. We brought back several bottles dated 2008 and use them for celebratory drinks.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 7:19:12 AM EDT
[#5]
DUDE!!!!

Ya ain't alone.

The budget issue is the problem. Brunello ain't Di Tavola.

Trader joes has 2015(Fading fast in the bottle) for 20 bucks. It's not on par with the 2002's as a reference, but is a treat.

Exemplary Di Tavola is where we are at, and are gifted to be spoiled by local makers, and having contact with friends that crank out small batches of Super Tuscan, that eclipse the Brunello's in complexity, body, and finish.

Brunello is a standard anymore.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top