Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2017 1:48:22 PM EDT
What's the going rate on Elmer T Lee these days. I happened upon a bottle for $45. I never see this stuff out here anywhere. Buy it?
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 2:56:42 PM EDT
[#1]
That sounds like a good price.
I know I've heard that it's a popular/desirable bourbon.

I can't find anything good like that when I'm looking.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 3:19:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought it. I never see it, so I figured I might as well. Price looks to be a little more than retail but cheaper than many places online.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 8:59:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought it. I never see it, so I figured I might as well. Price looks to be a little more than retail but cheaper than many places online.
View Quote
if you like it, thats as good a price as youll see it nowadays
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 9:19:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

if you like it, thats as good a price as youll see it nowadays
View Quote
Good to know. The place I bought it from only had one bottle and said they are few and far between.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 2:30:33 PM EDT
[#5]
You did pretty good.  A year or two back, Elmer went for high 30's to low 40's here on the Gulf Coast.  Now, the price is in the mid-60's, just shy of Blanton's.  I haven't seen any in about 6 months.  Good bourbon, but it's getting over priced.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 7:50:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You did pretty good.  A year or two back, Elmer went for high 30's to low 40's here on the Gulf Coast.  Now, the price is in the mid-60's, just shy of Blanton's.  I haven't seen any in about 6 months.  Good bourbon, but it's getting over priced.
View Quote
It gets released twice a year and it's an allocated Buffalo Trace product, so it doesn't sit on the shelves long.  Buy it if you like it, and when you can find it.  It was one of my favorites, now I have to store it next to my EC12 in the "special occasion" part of my cabinet.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 9:29:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Because of this post a buddy of mine and I killed half a bottle tonight.  I really like the stuff and buy it when I can..
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 9:39:48 PM EDT
[#8]
It is decent Bourbon but it has become overpriced and very scarce around here.

Bourbon in general is in high demand and the supply of a lot of popular offerings are starting to be short in supply.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 5:16:15 AM EDT
[#9]
$33, when i found it last year, picked up 2 bottles.  had to cross the border into virginia to find it.  in my county in NC it was only released on one day, same day they released all the pappy products.  Earlier this year saw on the VA ABC website that Elmer was released again and tried to pick up a third bottle, using the website's store inventory search function.  apparently one guy had the same idea but instead of trying to pick up one bottle he ended up picking up almost every bottle in a 100 mile radius.  I had gone to the stores in martinsville, and danville, and the managers at the stores said the same thing. one guy came in and bought out all of their Elmer.  He must have picked up over 30 bottles that day.  Called every store in the area that had it listed on their inventory and they all said a gentleman came in and bought all they had.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 11:45:43 AM EDT
[#10]
It goes for about 70 to 75 on the secondary so assholes are buying it in quantity to try and turn a profit. It's ridiculous. The best part about elmer is that it is great for a 35-40 bourbon. At 75 there are much better to be had. I'm so tired of the flippers. Drink your booze guys!
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 3:33:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Funny how things work out.  Haven't seen Elmer in a long time.  I really love this bourbon.  Then this thread popped up.  Went to the locally liquor store today a was offered one bottle.  At $64.00 it moved from the "daily sipper" to "special occasion" shelf.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 9:03:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It goes for about 70 to 75 on the secondary so assholes are buying it in quantity to try and turn a profit. It's ridiculous. The best part about elmer is that it is great for a 35-40 bourbon. At 75 there are much better to be had. I'm so tired of the flippers. Drink your booze guys!
View Quote
Oh I can assure you, this one will be consumed.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 1:41:44 AM EDT
[#13]
just worked out a trade the other day, so i'll be getting another bottle in the mail monday
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 12:01:15 PM EDT
[#14]
I just bought 2 bottles for $40 each
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 1:31:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Things are getting stupid.  Another local liquor store I frequent offered me a bottle for $86.00 retail.  Me, "What's with the huge price increase?"  Him, "Because "it's rare and hard to get."  Me, "No thanks, it's not that good.  I'll be taking my business else where."  Him,
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 5:41:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Wow.  I bought a bottle of this stuff probably 5 years ago for $25.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 7:43:51 PM EDT
[#17]
I saw some recently for $99.99

Folks have lost their damn minds
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 10:34:30 PM EDT
[#18]
I got a bottle a few weeks ago @ $60.

A friend went to the next state over, found it on the shelf and thought to text me to see if I wanted a bottle.

I've never had it before.  Hoping it's worth the hype and slightly inflated price.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 7:15:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I saw some recently for $99.99

Folks have lost their damn minds
View Quote
Walked into a new store in town, the guy had Col Taylor Single Barrel listed for $179 (and he had 6 bottles standing there), Weller 12yr for $210...

I'm done, there is some decent priced bourbons and ryes still out there, but the world has gone crazy; even the basic dailies like EC12 don't exist anymore...
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 2:33:30 PM EDT
[#20]
When ever I see posts about high mark ups on bourbon-I honestly don't understand how these stores do it.  ETL is a $35,Weller 12-$25 here, everything pretty much goes for normal prices.   People come into my liquor store and complain if something is $2 more then it is across town.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 12:35:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
When ever I see posts about high mark ups on bourbon-I honestly don't understand how these stores do it.  ETL is a $35,Weller 12-$25 here, everything pretty much goes for normal prices.   People come into my liquor store and complain if something is $2 more then it is across town.
View Quote
Where are you? I can't ever find ETL around Denver, let alone for $35. The bottle I snagged was in Aspen.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 7:17:37 AM EDT
[#22]
A few hours west of you in Grand Junction.  It's always $35-$38 here.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 8:37:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
I would love to find a bottle of Weller12
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 12:08:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Me too. I was hoping to find a bottle to open on my wedding night in November but no dice when it was released.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top