Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2017 6:11:13 PM EDT
Does anybody like this stuff? I just got back from visiting the distillery and had 4 samples and honestly had to choke it down. It was terrible. There was some after taste that I just couldn't get over.  Two different single barrels and the 2015 and 2016 Flagships.

I was going to tour the distillery but ended up not going probably because I was so irritated by the bourbon. I don't see how this can command the price it does when there are 20-30$ bottles that are much, much better not to mention more established 50$ offerings.

So what was it about this bourbon I couldn't stand? Just the immaturity or the recipe?
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 6:48:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Those that like it, seem to really like it.

I hate it. I don't understand how they get off charging almost $90 for young bourbon that taste strongly of wet grass and aluminum.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 3:21:33 PM EDT
[#2]
It's terrible. No one likes it except newbies who get caught up with the price tag and think it's good
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 8:04:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's terrible. No one likes it except newbies who get caught up with the price tag and think it's good
View Quote
Well somebody liked it b/c it won an award.  I swear those things are paid for.  I admit, I bought a bottle a couple of years ago b/c I am from Texas and want to support my state distilleries.  I didn't really care for it then.  Fast forward a couple of years and my girlfriend wanted to go to Fredricksburg so I figured, what the hell I'll stop by Garrison Bros and go on the tour.  

The sampler I had was even worse than I remembered.  I still have 3/4 of the bottle I bought two years ago.  Opened it last night and it didn't smell near as bad as that sampler.  I will probably give it another try this weekend.  Perhaps two years of sitting will make it palatable.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top