Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 9:14:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That was an awesome score!

Care to let us in on the location?

I don't think I will ever see another bottle around here.
View Quote
NC ABC, Raeford North Carolina, 28376.  In almost 8 years of living in the Carolinas I have never seen Weller 12 before.  The clerk advised he had been informed by the state board that his store had been drawn in a lottery.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 7:06:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

NC ABC, Raeford North Carolina, 28376.  In almost 8 years of living in the Carolinas I have never seen Weller 12 before.  The clerk advised he had been informed by the state board that his store had been drawn in a lottery.
View Quote
Wish it was closer!
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 2:52:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I purchased a bottle of this when on vacation last year and it turned out to be a really good pour, enough so that I went out and got another one the next day because I remembered that they only had one left.  A week later while researching it I found out why I haven't seen more of it on the shelves.

These bottles were collecting dust at one of our larger brick and mortars in another town, so I snatched them up.

Imaginary Internet points to whoever can tell me what makes these bottles unique.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 3:00:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I purchased a bottle of this when on vacation last year and it turned out to be a really good pour, enough so that I went out and got another one the next day because I remembered that they only had one left.  A week later while researching it I found out why I haven't seen more of it on the shelves.

These bottles were collecting dust at one of our larger brick and mortars in another town, so I snatched them up.

Imaginary Internet points to whoever can tell me what makes these bottles unique.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/228109/2017-05-18-02-51-40-211001.JPG
View Quote
It appears to be a blend of Boubon and Irish whiskeys. Don't think I have ever heard of that before. Any good?
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 3:43:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It appears to be a blend of Boubon and Irish whiskeys. Don't think I have ever heard of that before. Any good?
View Quote
Actually, pretty good for a sub-$30 bottle of blended whisky, but that isn't what makes the bottles unique.

Hint.  It's in the label.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 4:05:02 PM EDT
[#6]
They called it "Bourbon" which it isn't.  Feds have already made them change the label.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 4:29:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
They called it "Bourbon" which it isn't.  Feds have already made them change the label.
View Quote
Winner.

Our government did what our government does, the TTB approved the label, private individuals who do better jobs in hobby time than government officials who "had one job to do" noticed.

TTB said "Oops, sorry about that, pull them all from the shelves and change the label."

The interesting thing is that these bottles have sat on this store shelves a good year after the distributer was supposed to pull them, which is suprising, since of the last 4 they had, I have bought three of them, 2 of them today.

Interesting label story aside, the whisky inside is actually very good, and at a $29.99 price, worth every bit.

The blend, from what I can tell from research inline, is sourced 10 year Irish whiskey, and MGP bourbon.  I ran a cross it while I was exploring Irish Whiskey.  I'm glad I took the risk.

I think the post-TTB kerfuffle label is just called Irish Whiskey, but is the same juice.  I'd recommend it to anyone if they run across it.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 6:41:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 7:02:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice! I haven't seen any Elmer T around here in a while.

How's the Zacapa xo? Pretty much out of my price range.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 7:25:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 8:55:21 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote
Son of a B.  I cannot get any rock hill or Rebel Yell 10yr.  I think I just threw up a little.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 9:00:10 PM EDT
[#12]
How is that Old Medley?  I have run across it recently but didn't pull the trigger.  I really like 10-12 yr but this one doesn't have many glowing reviews considering the price.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 9:06:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:33:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Picked up two bottles of EC barrel proof
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 12:25:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Weller run today!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 2:31:25 PM EDT
[#16]
I would love to have that Weller12  
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 12:29:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Score score score! This is my best find of all time. I'm a hoarder only when it comes to two things: reloading components/ammo and bourbon.

So there I was sitting in a barbecue joint in Olathe, KS by myself the other night. I was in town for a John "Sheriff of Baghdad" McPhee Pistol Video Diagnostics class the next day. I was on this website called www.ar15.com (maybe you've heard of it?) perusing the usual bs when I thought to myself .... I should google "liquor stores near me" since I'd have some time to mill around after dinner. Maybe I'd get lucky and find some hard to locate sweet nectar of the Gods.

Up pops a place about a half mile from my location. I pull up and say to myself .... doesn't look like much. I'll probably have to ask inside if there is any other liquor store that carry a good selection of bourbon. My mission really was only to find some Weller Special Reserve as that's my favorite and my drinking buddy's favorite. It's limited to nearly impossible to find where I live and when you do find it it's usually limited to one per customer.

I was shocked to find 5 bottles of the 750 ml and 3 bottles of the 1.75 on the shelf. The guy at the counter said no limit when I asked him if there was a cap on purchases. His follow up was "if you buy at least 6 of the 750's it's a 10% discount. 15% for 3 or more of the 1.75's.

Worker guy says "let me look in the back and see if there is one more bottle of the 750 so you can get the discount." He comes back out with another bottle. I'm on the phone giddy talking to my drinking buddy all excited like a kid on Christmas morning. Buddy yells "buy it all!" I did! I got a 15% discount across the board. I saved money to buy more bourbon. I love it. My first ever purchased case of bourbon and few extra "jugs".

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 6:14:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Went looking for some Elmer T Lee and Blantons the other day. All the shops I called made it sound like I was looking for snake oil or something! Guess they just don't get it here in CA.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 8:59:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Picked up a bottle of 1792 full proof
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 9:56:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Score score score! This is my best find of all time. I'm a hoarder only when it comes to two things: reloading components/ammo and bourbon.

So there I was sitting in a barbecue joint in Olathe, KS by myself the other night. I was in town for a John "Sheriff of Baghdad" McPhee Pistol Video Diagnostics class the next day. I was on this website called www.ar15.com (maybe you've heard of it?) perusing the usual bs when I thought to myself .... I should google "liquor stores near me" since I'd have some time to mill around after dinner. Maybe I'd get lucky and find some hard to locate sweet nectar of the Gods.

Up pops a place about a half mile from my location. I pull up and say to myself .... doesn't look like much. I'll probably have to ask inside if there is any other liquor store that carry a good selection of bourbon. My mission really was only to find some Weller Special Reserve as that's my favorite and my drinking buddy's favorite. It's limited to nearly impossible to find where I live and when you do find it it's usually limited to one per customer.

I was shocked to find 5 bottles of the 750 ml and 3 bottles of the 1.75 on the shelf. The guy at the counter said no limit when I asked him if there was a cap on purchases. His follow up was "if you buy at least 6 of the 750's it's a 10% discount. 15% for 3 or more of the 1.75's.

Worker guy says "let me look in the back and see if there is one more bottle of the 750 so you can get the discount." He comes back out with another bottle. I'm on the phone giddy talking to my drinking buddy all excited like a kid on Christmas morning. Buddy yells "buy it all!" I did! I got a 15% discount across the board. I saved money to buy more bourbon. I love it. My first ever purchased case of bourbon and few extra "jugs".

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/301825/IMG_1215-321392.JPG
View Quote
You seem to be set for awhile! I'm in Overland Park and usually see the Special Reserve most everywhere in this area. It's the 12 Year and Antique that I never see anymore.

Enjoy your stash.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 7:37:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Found some goodies at Spec's.  No Blantons or Weller 12.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 7:39:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/301825/IMG_1215-321392.JPG
View Quote
The mother lode!
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 7:43:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Went looking for some Elmer T Lee and Blantons the other day. All the shops I called made it sound like I was looking for snake oil or something! Guess they just don't get it here in CA.
View Quote
I have seen a few bottles of ET Lee and Blanton's around here but the asking prices were unreasonable IMO.

The last bottle of E T Lee I saw was $99. Not worth that to me.

Can't remember what the Blanton's was going for but it was pretty steep.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top