Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2017 3:15:05 PM EDT
Oh boy here we go. Wonder what this will go for on the secondary market?

VAN WINKLE 25
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 3:28:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Oh boy here we go. Wonder what this will go for on the secondary market?

VAN WINKLE 25
View Quote

Oh boy, and a mere $1800 at retail!
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:13:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey! A hole, a got a bridge for sale. Its really old.
Only one like it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:34:41 PM EDT
[#3]
It will go for at least $8-10,000 on the secondary market guaranteed.

The PVW23 Cask Strength gift set from a few years ago still sells for $6,000 or so.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 7:34:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Geeze. It isn't scotch. There is definitely a point and time where bourbon really starts to lose something. I can't imagine that this would end up any better that the whoop and holler than tasted like chalk and moldy wood.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 2:53:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Geeze. It isn't scotch. There is definitely a point and time where bourbon really starts to lose something. I can't imagine that this would end up any better that the whoop and holler than tasted like chalk and moldy wood.
View Quote

Eh...it's SW juice which has historically been very good even at extreme age. Plus bourbon and added Pappy hype.

IMO for all whiskey 15-21 years is the sweet spot.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 3:36:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Eh...it's SW juice which has historically been very good even at extreme age. Plus bourbon and added Pappy hype.

View Quote

It's definitely a flavor some people like. I always wonder what it would be like to taste things like a different person for a day. A buddy of mine loves the 23 elijah craig, and some of the older orphan barrel stuff. To me even the 18 just taste like a ton of oak and nothing else. My sweet spot for bourbon has always been in the 9-15 range (exceptions made for some years of the GTS and ER17), while single malt I match up with you on that.

ETA: I will say that I like Japanese whiskies older than just about any other. I'm guessing it's the climate and elevation they age a lot of them at, but they seem to take being extra aged very well.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:51:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have found I like mine around 12 years for my regular drinking.

Although Henry McKenna 10 year is amazing stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top