Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/20/2017 5:48:17 PM EDT
Some of us are out an about looking for new boozes.  So, that puts us in a position to occasionally come across something other members may not be able to get where they live.  This is a continuation of the thread started by IS2 and later continued by myself (IS2, I gave credit where credit was due ).

A few of us have already started looking for dusty whisky/whiskey hidden in our local haunts.  I actually keep a list of what others are hunting, and I IM or text, when I come across something they may find of interest.  So, post what you cannot find...

Please see my other thread because I am a shameless Laphroaig collector (just starting, though).
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 5:51:49 PM EDT
[#1]
In for more
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:51:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm looking for Old Charter 12 Year Old "Classic 90".
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:15:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Someone to whom we owe a debt of gratitude is looking for Rock Hill Farms Single Batch Bourbon.  He knows who he is...
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:51:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I can get any bourbon or whiskey ever made for the most part, you just have to pay the price
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 8:57:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can get any bourbon or whiskey ever made for the most part, you just have to pay the price
View Quote

This is what I always say when I get the typical "can you get me pappy's". I can have a bottle of stitzel weller pappy's in my hand in the next few hours, it just isn't going to be cheap.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 10:13:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good to know!!  Now, I just have to come up with the money

I just got a PredatOBR in 7.62 that has no glass yet.  Glass first, booze later
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 10:18:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

When you say "whiskey," does that also cover "whisky"?  I am on a scotch collecting kick.  I can only manage four unaffordable hobbies at a time.  Collecting bourbon too right now would be a little too much.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 10:54:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

When you say "whiskey," does that also cover "whisky"?  I am on a scotch collecting kick.  I can only manage four unaffordable hobbies at a time.  Collecting bourbon too right now would be a little too much.
View Quote

Scotch, too. Though that's a little harder in my personal circles but I can ask. I got your email.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 2:25:15 PM EDT
[#9]
offer removed, shipping is a pain in the arse.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:44:47 AM EDT
[#10]
I am interested in finding Charter 101
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:22:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I am interested in finding Charter 101
View Quote

My local Sams Club had it a few weeks ago. Check your local store.  If they don't have it IM me and I can go back and see if they have any left. How much did you want?
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 3:57:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

My local Sams Club had it a few weeks ago. Check your local store.  If they don't have it IM me and I can go back and see if they have any left. How much did you want?
View Quote

I live in North Carolina so all alcohol is sold in state run stores. Our Sams and Costco only sell beer and wine.  I will PM you
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:30:19 PM EDT
[#13]
It's a long shot, but I'd love to get my hands on a bottle of Joseph Magnus Cigar Blend!
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:51:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It's a long shot, but I'd love to get my hands on a bottle of Joseph Magnus Cigar Blend!
View Quote

There's been one hanging out on bottle spot for a few months now.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:51:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

There's been one hanging out on bottle spot for a few months now.
View Quote

Hmmm. I can't find it. Could you link it? I see the regular Joseph Magnus, but not the "cigar blend".
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:33:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I live in North Carolina so all alcohol is sold in state run stores. Our Sams and Costco only sell beer and wine.  I will PM you
View Quote

I hereby claim the first "Hunt List Kill"!  

k9shag's Charter 101 is boxed up and on its way.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:08:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
State run liquor FTW! 

If you find something at http://www.oregonliquorsearch.com  Let me know and I'll try to make a road trip to grab it for you. You can search by product or location. Kind of cool to be able to see any stores inventory before I jump in the truck.

I'm located in the Roseburg area. I can get to stores: 1095, 1225, 1029, 1060, 1130 and 1134 any day of the week. Other cities might take a bit longer to get to.

Oregon doesn't allow retailers to ship, but they also don't let them mark to market prices! You can find some real deals.
View Quote

I would love to have some Weller antique 107. There are several stores that have it, but would cost a fortune to ship from Oregon to Indiana. 
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:53:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 3:38:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Thanks
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

Four more and I'm an "Ace"!
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 10:42:25 PM EDT
[#20]
a bottle of old antique will fit in a medium flat rate box which is about $14 bucks to ship.

Quoted:

I would love to have some Weller antique 107. There are several stores that have it, but would cost a fortune to ship from Oregon to Indiana. 
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:20:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

PM sent
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 12:52:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
State run liquor FTW! 

If you find something at http://www.oregonliquorsearch.com  Let me know and I'll try to make a road trip to grab it for you. You can search by product or location. Kind of cool to be able to see any stores inventory before I jump in the truck.

I'm located in the Roseburg area. I can get to stores: 1095, 1225, 1029, 1060, 1130 and 1134 any day of the week. Other cities might take a bit longer to get to.

Oregon doesn't allow retailers to ship, but they also don't let them mark to market prices! You can find some real deals.

Grabbed 2 bottles today. Pm me your address and we'll see what we can figure out  

ETA: don't feel obligated, I'd be happy to drink the stuff if you're don't want to deal with shipping.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 12:55:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm 2 down 

So far I'm out $250. If anybody is going to Welsh on a deal, make it Penderyn 
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:41:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Grabbed 2 bottles today. Pm me your address and we'll see what we can figure out  

ETA: don't feel obligated, I'd be happy to drink the stuff if you're don't want to deal with shipping.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
State run liquor FTW! 

PM sent 
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 7:11:36 PM EDT
[#25]
If anyone sees an extra of the new "old ripy" let me know what you'd need to send it my way. It's the one on the right in the picture.

Link Posted: 3/6/2017 10:32:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
If anyone sees an extra of the new "old ripy" let me know what you'd need to send it my way. It's the one on the right in the picture.

http://i4.aroq.com/3/2017-02-03-11-36-bondlillard_cropped_90.jpg
View Quote

Will do. The wifey and I have been doing a lot of road trips lately and I will keep my eyes peeled. She's my official liquor store locator/
Navigator.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 11:02:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Will do. The wifey and I have been doing a lot of road trips lately and I will keep my eyes peeled. She's my official liquor store locator/
Navigator.
View Quote

I really appreciate it. I already have one of the bond and lillard and I really love the bottle designs on these. I want to make beside lamps out of them for the wife and I after I finish them.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 11:57:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I really appreciate it. I already have one of the bond and lillard and I really love the bottle designs on these. I want to make beside lamps out of them for the wife and I after I finish them.
View Quote

I think these just hit in my AO...$45 each.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 12:30:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I think these just hit in my AO...$45 each.
View Quote

Let me know if they did and you're willing to send one my way. I'll of course cover shipping and your time or anything. I'm leaving for Egypt tomorrow afternoon so it'd be cool to come home to one of these in a few months.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 10:40:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Let me know if they did and you're willing to send one my way. I'll of course cover shipping and your time or anything. I'm leaving for Egypt tomorrow afternoon so it'd be cool to come home to one of these in a few months.
View Quote

You just need an old ripy?
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 12:06:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

You just need an old ripy?
View Quote

That's the one. Already snagged one of the bond & lillard from a local shop.

Link Posted: 3/13/2017 9:46:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Been out sick with the crud.  I'm back up and have depos and hearings around the state for the next two weeks.  I'll take the wish lists with me.  The travel parade states on Wednesday, so get me the list before then.  I have IS2 and Defender3's lists already; although, they've been touting a few on their lists that now I want a bottle or two too.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 2:27:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Been out sick with the crud.  I'm back up and have depos and hearings around the state for the next two weeks.  I'll take the wish lists with me.  The travel parade states on Wednesday, so get me the list before then.  I have IS2 and Defender3's lists already; although, they've been touting a few on their lists that now I want a bottle or two too.
View Quote

Don't forget my Macallan CS if you find any
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 8:55:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you do, you'll probably hear me scream "Holy shit!!"
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 10:38:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Found some Stagg Jr in Fargo last week.

Should've bought every bottle they had.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 6:44:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Someone to whom we owe a debt of gratitude is looking for Rock Hill Farms Single Batch Bourbon.  He knows who he is...
View Quote

I'm a big fan of the #2 Buffalo Trace mashbill and apparently many others are too. ETL, RHF, Blantons, all of it seems to have dried up. I had the foresight to stash a little back before they disappeared. Did the same with EHT BP. My regret is that I neglected to include Stagg Jr.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 9:20:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry, just a bottle of Macallan Rare Cask
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 11:48:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
What did you pay?  I recently found some but it was priced at $99.  Isn't msrp around 60?
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 1:14:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have an opportunity to buy one of these for $200...I'm holding off until I can get the price lower. It's basically watered down Macallan CS for double the price.

I did pick up a Macallan 12 Double Cask for only $49 this week
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 3:40:23 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
Wild Turkey 101 Rye shipped to Arkansas?
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 11:35:42 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Wild Turkey 101 Rye shipped to Arkansas?
View Quote
Have you tried here? http://liquorliquidators.com/wild-turkey-rye-whiskey-750.html

ETA maybe that's not the 101? Let me know and I can reach out if it isnt.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 7:20:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I have an opportunity to buy one of these for $200...I'm holding off until I can get the price lower. It's basically watered down Macallan CS for double the price.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I read into it when I got home.  They wanted $399 for it.  Ahhh, nope
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 7:24:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Mattyvac,

Can you get your hands on Ardbeg's new limited edition for Ardbed Day, Kelpie?  I know the new Laphroaig Cairdeas edition will be out soon, so I may be bugging you for a bottle then too.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 10:35:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
What did you pay?  I recently found some but it was priced at $99.  Isn't msrp around 60?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Around $40. Don't remember the exact price.  

One of the reasons I said I should've bought every bottle was seeing the price you mentioned at an online outlet.

Wish I had another trip planned there.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 1:46:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yes, yes you should have! Then sent every other one to me. 
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 11:39:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

One of the reasons I said I should've bought every bottle was seeing the price you mentioned at an online outlet.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought 99 seemed high. I happened upon a dusty bottle for 55 yesterday. Last one on the shelf.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 6:11:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Mattyvac,

Can you get your hands on Ardbeg's new limited edition for Ardbed Day, Kelpie?  I know the new Laphroaig Cairdeas edition will be out soon, so I may be bugging you for a bottle then too.
View Quote
Probably - you need one?
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 7:33:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Probably - you need one?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mattyvac,

Probably - you need one?
Yes, to both.  I know the Kelpie has just hit the streets.  FoL has only hinted at the release of the Cairdeas.  I could use one of the Kelpie and one of the 2017 Cairdeas if you can find one.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 9:09:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Yes, to both.  I know the Kelpie has just hit the streets.  FoL has only hinted at the release of the Cairdeas.  I could use one of the Kelpie and one of the 2017 Cairdeas if you can find one.
View Quote
For some of the travel stuff, it looks like I'll be heading to Kuwait shortly after I get back from Egypt so I'll have a few extra opportunities. More into the release season. For Kelpie and other ardbegs make sure you sign up for the committee. I got my event email for the white label Kelpie about a month ago.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 9:52:49 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
For some of the travel stuff, it looks like I'll be heading to Kuwait shortly after I get back from Egypt so I'll have a few extra opportunities. More into the release season. For Kelpie and other ardbegs make sure you sign up for the committee. I got my event email for the white label Kelpie about a month ago.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A member of both, but the Arbeg committee releases are harder to find here than the Laphroaig FoL Cairdeas editions.  Have fun in the sand and stay safe.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top