Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2016 12:31:16 AM EDT
I've been using Zirh Soothe Post-Shave Solution for years and it's about time for another bottle.  I'm happy with it, but wondering if you guys had any recommendations for an unscented after shave balm.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 2:19:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I got a bottle of Nivea for sensitive skin one year as a gift.  I liked it.

Now I have a beard.  If I didn't, I'd probably have a bottle of the Nivea sitting on the counter.  It's cheaper than replacing the razor blade more than once a year.

Link Posted: 3/9/2016 10:47:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I've tried the Nivea and the Neutrogena balms and I like them both. On an impulse, I bought a bottle of the Art of Shaving balm. It was nice in that it had very little scent, but it didn't feel as nice as the other two and it cost a ridiculous amount.

Link Posted: 3/9/2016 10:01:55 PM EDT
[#3]
check out soap commander i use one of their balms everyday but they are scented.

excellent stuff

Link Posted: 3/9/2016 10:04:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 6:44:20 PM EDT
[#5]
i like the nivea sensitive skin balm. It doesn't have any fancy scents or anything, but it's cheap and available pretty much everywhere. Works surprisingly well even compared to the stuff 2-4x the price.
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 9:15:20 PM EDT
[#6]
L'Oreal Paris Men Expert Comfort Max Aftershave Balm. I won't look elsewhere, there is no need for me. Stuff is awesome.

ETA: I should note after reading its reviews that I usually shave at night and not just before heading out the door, it looks for awhile like you just put suntan lotion on. Its a white cream.

One bottle is $8.95, two is $9 on Amazon.

If I surfed after business hours on a PC I'd post a link.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 5:20:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
check out soap commander i use one of their balms everyday but they are scented.

https://soapcommander.com/collections/aftershave-balms?view=all

excellent stuff

View Quote

I'm using their "Integrity". It is unscented but does have some Menthol
Link Posted: 3/15/2016 3:51:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I went with the Nivea Sensitive Skin stuff and to me it was as good as the Zirh stuff, but for 1/12th the price.
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 12:45:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
L'Oreal Paris Men Expert Comfort Max Aftershave Balm. I won't look elsewhere, there is no need for me. Stuff is awesome.

ETA: I should note after reading its reviews that I usually shave at night and not just before heading out the door, it looks for awhile like you just put suntan lotion on. Its a white cream.

One bottle is $8.95, two is $9 on Amazon.

If I surfed after business hours on a PC I'd post a link.
View Quote

I don't normally quote myself, but it pays sometimes to buy before you need to. I rebought after posting the above. This two pack that was $9 is now $17. Next time i'll buy the 6 pack for $24 and be stocked awhile. It is good stuff.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 2:02:15 PM EDT
[#10]
It's a little pricy but if your looking for unscented, this is by far my favorite.
http://www.amazon.com/After-shave-Sandalwood-Aftershave-Moisturizes-Eliminates/dp/B00TOV9O6W

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:20:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Nivea after shave balm for me.  It helps eliminate pimples and redness and doesn't leave an oily feel behind. Tried Welda and a couple of others, but not as good.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:23:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Witch Hazel and clear Aloe Vera gel. Get both at Wal-Mart for about $6-7 total.

Neither are scented.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 9:44:50 AM EDT
[#13]
I shave with Stirling Sandlewood Soap and use the balm in the same scent. Works good. I bought the regular Nivea balm but it has too much fragrance for my liking. I am going to try the Sensitive Version. I am told it has less of a scent.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top