Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2017 11:44:27 AM EDT
24-hour dial Kommandarskie. Khaki NATO band. Liking it so far but crystal scratches easily.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 8:08:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Acrylic?
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 8:38:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Yup, those have acrylic crystals.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 8:43:26 AM EDT
[#3]
So it should be easy to polish out then.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:10:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Wait until you get into upgrades (my Vostoks)
New bezels and inserts
New crowns
New bands
New crystal backs.

Link Posted: 7/8/2017 5:39:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got a GMT-style bezel on my Amphibia Navy, had three or four bands on it so far. Dropped it on my bathroom floor a couple months back and now some days it auto winds, some days it doesn't but works okay if I manually wind it--aand now it keeps perfect time, it used to gain about 5 minutes every week. The Kommanderskie has kept perfect time. The crystal rear looks cool, where'd you get it?

I tried polishing the crystal on my Amphibia with Brasso and Flitz and had no luck--and it always worked on my old Seiko diver.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 1:35:40 PM EDT
[#6]
There's a product called polywatch that you can get from Amazon that is intended for polishing acrylic watch crystals. I've used it on my vostoks with good results.

The caseback, bezel, and crown parts are available through meranom.

He also has some solid link bracelets that look a LOT nicer than the stock band but I haven't gotten one yet.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 2:25:28 AM EDT
[#7]
I bought 3 "Komandirskie" watches for my friends, when I visited Russia. All 3 failed within several months. LOL.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top