Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2017 10:24:03 PM EDT
My boy is finishing 1st grade this week, he's 7yo.  He's been doing a fine job of taking on new responsibilities and I think he's ready for his first watch.

We'd like to get him something that is waterproof and durable.  Also, something that's impressive at night (kids love things that glow).  We prefer to steer clear of disposable items in our household but understand the reality of being 7yo; things get lost sometimes.  Keep in mind the size should be appropriate for a little guy.

Thanks for suggestions!
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 10:28:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Look at casio indiglow (or indigo?)    anyways they are cheap, tough, and the whole face lights up really well.....  would be neat for a little guy....  
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 10:30:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe you can't go wrong with a Timex, inexpensive, durable, and you won't be out much if he loses it.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 12:46:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Yea, it's actually Timex that runs the "Indiglo" watches though Casio has a similar technology.

I'd recommend a Timex 30 lap in an appropriately sized case.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 2:29:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Adventure Time

Link Posted: 6/26/2017 7:17:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Depends on what you want to spend and what you consider cheap.

Casio watches start at 6 bucks and go on up. He wont break it.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 7:38:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 7:55:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm very partial to Casio for my kids.  I originally went with Timex for the first watches, but they didn't last very long.

So far, these are my favorite for the boys.  This one seems to be patterned after a Luminox Colormark?  but they have 3 other color patterns.  They seem to be pretty tough.  Casio generally makes good watches.  I love me some Gshock but they are too pricey for kids (although my son did like to borrow mine before I got them these)

These run anywhere from 13-16 bucks.  Both of our are still running after a few months, and they get treated rough.  

Amazon Product
  • Non click rotating bezel
  • Luminous hour hands
  • Second hand

Amazon Product
  • Black resin case and strap with blue numerals
  • day and date window
  • Rotating bezel

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top