Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2017 9:55:04 PM EDT
This Luminox was purchased from a legit dealer in 2013 and has held up horribly. As you can see by the pictures, I scratched the hell out of the crystal and at some point in time, shattered/ screwed up what appears to be the layer under the top of the crystal. I looked down one day and noticed the bubble and have no idea how it got there. Shortly after seeing the bubble appear, I jumped back to wearing Suunto and Pro Treks. Now, this is my second Luminox, the first one, which is pushing 10 years old, never gave me an issue and shows nothing close to the wear that this one received. Has their quality over the years changed?

I do miss wearing my Luminox watches and wanted to see if anyone here has a rough idea of what it would cost to get this one fixed. Or, if it would simply be cheaper just to buy a new one?

You can see the bubble here between the 8 and 9 hand. Im sure some will say I drug this thing behind a truck down a road but that isnt even close to the case. All of the wear and tear on this one is from daily wear. I do not abuse my gear, I wear them daily and this involves office work, hunting, fishing, 4x4ing etc.

Link Posted: 6/9/2017 9:58:51 PM EDT
[#1]
All I can say is...damn, you abuse your watches lol

I guess working in an office has its perks for watch guys.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 10:09:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Good luck. When I found out they wouldn't reload their tritium tubes, I said I'd never buy another.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 5:31:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Contact Duarte at Northeast Watch Works. He can probably find a sapphire crystal that will fit. I'd also recommend a fresh battery and gaskets all around while he has it apart.

http://www.newatchworks.com/
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 12:43:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies. I think I may just leave this in the safe and get a new watch. Looks like its going to be expensive to fix, only for me to screw up again.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 4:56:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 7:01:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Im disappointed in the brand, I purchased 3 and still own them -  the crystal scratches to easily and the rubber strap dry rots and tears over time. They are overpriced IMOP , I would think $99.00 is about the quality. Maratac is basically the same price point and are miles above them in quality, I own 3 of those as well , no issues in 4 years of constant use.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 7:23:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks like mine.  If you have the crystal replaced it will cost more than a G-shock.  Replace the crystal and the timer ring will fall off in six months.  

Yeah, first hand experience.  Throw that fucking piece of shit away and get a G-Shock.  

You got four years out of it.  Trash it.  Mine didn't last six months. 
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 8:15:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Yup, luminox has built a reputation of being tough "military grade" watches, though it's not true by a longshot. it's the same beats headphones being known for high quality sound, it's all hype.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 8:15:39 PM EDT
[#9]
They are not very good watches. Mine lasted a few years before it started eating batteries. Loved the tritium though.

Now running a solar atomic G shock, skx007 or Deep Blue day night diver.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top