Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2017 1:31:45 AM EDT
What does the hive think about Invecta watches?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:39:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Invicta?

The 8926OB and 9937 are great Submariner homages.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:11:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Cheesey.  Save the money and buy a tag or Rolex.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:54:33 AM EDT
[#3]
They used to be a pretty reputable company, a few years back they got busted for advertising watches as Swiss made that indeed were not nor did they even have Swiss movements.

That being said my Grandfather had about 50 of them and he passed away. I snagged a few from his collection as they were something he enjoyed showing me when I visited.

They make some decent quality stuff. I have a Japanese miota automatic that has quit working alongside a Swiss quartz that's stopped as well
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 4:06:43 AM EDT
[#4]
mass produced crap
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 4:08:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
mass produced crap
View Quote
Hmm, I have a Casio ProTrek on my wrist right now is it crap?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 7:03:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
maybe.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 12:40:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What does the hive think about Invecta watches?
View Quote

Save your money for something meaningful.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 12:47:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Cheesey.  Save the money and buy a tag or Rolex.
View Quote
I would at least save money and go for a seiko skx, orient ray, citizen ny0040 diver, which are pretty much in the same price range, but quality automatics
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 12:53:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Invicta are the dolla bills camo hi point / buffalo gold mint nickel collector's edition of watches

Buy an entry level Seiko diver. Great automatic movements, brick shit house solid, long diving reputation
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:34:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
You usually judge crap by its resale value.
If it has virtually none, it's crap.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:45:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Invicta?

The 8926OB and 9937 are great Submariner homages.
View Quote
I have an 8926OB and like it.  Wear it as a good-looking "thrasher" watch.  Fishing, shooting, swimming, snorkeling, whatever....no problems so far.

Nearly 1800 reviews, 4.5 stars on Amazon.  Do you buy stuff on Amazon?  Do you read & value the verified purchase ratings? 

I do.  This product rates very high.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:37:04 AM EDT
[#12]
I own several and like them, I also own some omegas and seikos as well. I usually wear an omega.
All said, I remember a line from watchuseek forums: "Invicta, the most feared name in watches"
If you find one you like, just make sure you don't over pay for it and you should do fine.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 6:46:51 PM EDT
[#13]
I can't really compare Invicta to Hi Point because at least Hi Point is realistic about their market. Luminox is definitely the Vulcan / Hesse / Blackthorne of the watch world (Watches of the spatial farces!!!!111!!).

Exhibit A: List price, $2,646. Actual price, $349. QVC style marketing: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A8PCRAI?tag=vglnk-c102-20

Hideous, and likely impossible to tell the fucking time.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 7:52:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I can't really compare Invicta to Hi Point because at least Hi Point is realistic about their market. Luminox is definitely the Vulcan / Hesse / Blackthorne of the watch world (Watches of the spatial farces!!!!111!!).

Exhibit A: List price, $2,646. Actual price, $349. QVC style marketing: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A8PCRAI?tag=vglnk-c102-20

http://pinstor.us/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/invicta-venom-hybrid-pinstor.us-18k.jpg

View Quote
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 9:43:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
and yet spot on.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 12:15:48 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't consider Invicta to be a reputable company.  I find their marketing to be outstanding in it's vagueness and nonsensical hype, and that's in an industry that pretty much runs on vagueness and hype.  I took particular offense to their misuse of the russian dive watch concept as I'm a fan of the real things.  I also tend to think that the guy doing their design wears white sunglasses and drives an IROC, and probably blows off steam from a hard day designing timepieces that make the dog gag so he can moderate a red piller forum.

Sure, some of their watches aren't total pieces of shit, but making a watch isn't rocket surgery anymore... Especially when you're just contracting it all out to the lowest bidder.

I stick with Seiko or Citizen in the inexpensive but reliable watch market.  I stick with Vostok for my finicky russian dive watch needs.  Fuck Invicta.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 12:18:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Complete and total gaudy crap.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 2:46:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I don't consider Invicta to be a reputable company.  I find their marketing to be outstanding in it's vagueness and nonsensical hype, and that's in an industry that pretty much runs on vagueness and hype.  I took particular offense to their misuse of the russian dive watch concept as I'm a fan of the real things.  I also tend to think that the guy doing their design wears white sunglasses and drives an IROC, and probably blows off steam from a hard day designing timepieces that make the dog gag so he can moderate a red piller forum.

Sure, some of their watches aren't total pieces of shit, but making a watch isn't rocket surgery anymore... Especially when you're just contracting it all out to the lowest bidder.

I stick with Seiko or Citizen in the inexpensive but reliable watch market.  I stick with Vostok for my finicky russian dive watch needs.  Fuck Invicta.
View Quote
And while I agree with most of what you said, I'll take an 8926 over a Vostok in the same price range EVERY day.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 3:44:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Invicta makes a few really decent <$200 watches.
My biggest issue with them is their bullshit marketing and sales tactics and their blatant plagiarism of other companies designs.

If you're going to make a decent $200 Chinese/Japanese dive watch, be up front and honest about it.
Selling a Chinese manufactured blatant rip off of a Submariner and calling it "Swiss Made" because the case back was screwed down in Switzerland is deceptive bullshit.
Their stupidly overinflated MSRP is also a running joke, even on late night QVC.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 3:47:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

And while I agree with most of what you said, I'll take an 8926 over a Vostok in the same price range EVERY day.
View Quote
You know I have a pile of the vostoks, I've had some that were good and some that were bad.  Every one had more soul than an Invicta, and where else are you going to find an in-house movement for $75?

I'm also still waiting for someone to take me up on my Vostok vs. Suunto test, where I place a Suunto on a hard surface and bludgeon it with the vostok until one breaks.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 3:58:52 PM EDT
[#21]
They are fine as a cheap watch that looks decent (depending on the model). I would never pay over $100 for one though.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 4:38:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Thanks for the replys gents.

I went ahead and bought one. Model.22235  a Benjamin at COSTCO.

It looks nice, it's heavy and huge.  You should see the box it came in LOL. Kinda Sorta like a Pelican box.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 6:56:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

It looks nice, it's heavy and huge.  You should see the box it came in LOL. Kinda Sorta like a Pelican box.
View Quote
MSRP $895
Amazon price $195
Costco price $100

That's why Invicta catches so much shit.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 6:59:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
MSRP $895
Amazon price $195
Costco price $100

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

MSRP $895
Amazon price $195
Costco price $100

Resale price on eBay $24.87 less fees.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 7:13:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Complete junk.

Save up and get a used omega speedmaster if you want an entry level quality timepiece.

Link Posted: 4/28/2017 7:27:14 PM EDT
[#26]
If I were a pimp, I would wear an Invicta...
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:56:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Complete junk.

Save up and get a used omega speedmaster if you want an entry level quality timepiece.

View Quote
I have a beautiful Omega  pocket watch  Lady Steel gave to me 33 years ago, brushed gold case. I only wear it when I wear a suit and vest.

I have an old Seiko I wore for many years, and a, Pulsar solar power.

I'm also a fan of Swiss Army/ Victranox. Specifically the men's Lancer model.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:54:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I would at least save money and go for a seiko skx, orient ray, citizen ny0040 diver, which are pretty much in the same price range, but quality automatics
View Quote
I bought an 0420, from the Pro Diver line. It's a Sub Homage face and bezel. 200WR. It's also Titanium case and bracelet, uses the Seiko NH35A hack and stem wind movement. It has an exhibition back, and cyclops over the date, and cost about $85 off Ebay.

A Seiko Dive watch would cost $200 - same movement. Less features other than actually testing the case to prove it will resist water intrusion. With many of the Seiko Dive watches there is no warranty as they are not for official sale in the US. I know because I did buy an SKX and an Orange Monster and they both were more money. About $200 if you get the metal bracelets.

Ask yourself what the extra $100 would do? Impress watch snobs? I've gotten more comments on the Invicta in three months of wear than the Orange Monster in three years.

I bought Invicta. I DID save my money. I now have the extra - to buy another. And BTW, this Seiko movement is more accurate than the OM, which was two minutes a week fast and required turning back. The Invicta is about one minute and I can hack it - stop the hands - wait another 45 seconds - start it up again.

What the Invicta haters don't like is Invicta selling like Timex - at a reasonable price - instead of like the "Swiss" watches which charge you a premium for a membership fee. Most of them use a robotically assembled $60 movement - everything else is the expensive window dressing, which Invicta does in mass quantities and variations. If anything Invicta has done so many that they have now used up the number of styles the "Swiss" would have liked to introduce for the next ten years. They can't touch them because "It looks like a cheap Invicta!"

When you do some real world research the Swiss content law is based on monetary exchange value, NOT the actual content of the watch. It could be just 45% or less Swiss - and the Chinese are proving to be the main source of bracelets, cases, and even dials with their first tier watches. whey are also selling theirs direct and can be custom ordered now. At least Invicta still supports the traditional distribution of watches - they have boutiques and a counter at JC Penney's. The Chinese? Will put Rolex on the dial no extra charge.

Goes to Invicta haters being two faced over it. Other makers were found to be overstating which movement was used, too, but Invicta being the bad boy of watches gets the column inches. There is also some ethnocentrism going on - posters on watch forums claiming Invicta is the choice of thugs. Sounds like the early propaganda written by Trumans speechwriter about switchblades. He started up with only thugs using them and by 1959 got them banned. The reality was that the most popular were made by Schrade and sold in the sewing notions for grandma to use on embroidery.

Thug watch = racism. And the predominant group pushing the racism scheme have been liberals. Therefore Invicta haters are now Antifa to me.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:55:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

http://pinstor.us/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/invicta-venom-hybrid-pinstor.us-18k.jpg

View Quote
Is that a Hublot?
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:59:36 AM EDT
[#30]
I find their marketing to be outstanding in it's vagueness and nonsensical hype, and that's in an industry that pretty much runs on vagueness and hype.
View Quote

I'd say they copied the best in that, too. Rolex. It feeds the middle class ego into thinking they can spend $8000 for a holy grail watch that elevates them above the common man.

Rolex makes a nice $800 watch the rest is an entry fee into the Ivy League social strata. Which you can't buy unless you were born in it. Pure deception.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:01:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
If I were a pimp, I would wear an Invicta...
View Quote
And the racism is real.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 2:10:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Only thing more pathetic than Invicta's marketing department are the Invicta fanbois...

Muhh... $450 Taurus 1911 is just as good as a $6500 Wilson Supergrade.
Anything over $500 and you're just pating for the name on the side.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 2:33:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Racism...

If it's racist to despise poor taste and lies then sign me up for the KKK.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:39:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I bought an 0420, from the Pro Diver line. It's a Sub Homage face and bezel. 200WR. It's also Titanium case and bracelet, uses the Seiko NH35A hack and stem wind movement. It has an exhibition back, and cyclops over the date, and cost about $85 off Ebay.

A Seiko Dive watch would cost $200 - same movement. Less features other than actually testing the case to prove it will resist water intrusion. With many of the Seiko Dive watches there is no warranty as they are not for official sale in the US. I know because I did buy an SKX and an Orange Monster and they both were more money. About $200 if you get the metal bracelets.

Ask yourself what the extra $100 would do? Impress watch snobs? I've gotten more comments on the Invicta in three months of wear than the Orange Monster in three years.

I bought Invicta. I DID save my money. I now have the extra - to buy another. And BTW, this Seiko movement is more accurate than the OM, which was two minutes a week fast and required turning back. The Invicta is about one minute and I can hack it - stop the hands - wait another 45 seconds - start it up again.

What the Invicta haters don't like is Invicta selling like Timex - at a reasonable price - instead of like the "Swiss" watches which charge you a premium for a membership fee. Most of them use a robotically assembled $60 movement - everything else is the expensive window dressing, which Invicta does in mass quantities and variations. If anything Invicta has done so many that they have now used up the number of styles the "Swiss" would have liked to introduce for the next ten years. They can't touch them because "It looks like a cheap Invicta!"

When you do some real world research the Swiss content law is based on monetary exchange value, NOT the actual content of the watch. It could be just 45% or less Swiss - and the Chinese are proving to be the main source of bracelets, cases, and even dials with their first tier watches. whey are also selling theirs direct and can be custom ordered now. At least Invicta still supports the traditional distribution of watches - they have boutiques and a counter at JC Penney's. The Chinese? Will put Rolex on the dial no extra charge.

Goes to Invicta haters being two faced over it. Other makers were found to be overstating which movement was used, too, but Invicta being the bad boy of watches gets the column inches. There is also some ethnocentrism going on - posters on watch forums claiming Invicta is the choice of thugs. Sounds like the early propaganda written by Trumans speechwriter about switchblades. He started up with only thugs using them and by 1959 got them banned. The reality was that the most popular were made by Schrade and sold in the sewing notions for grandma to use on embroidery.

Thug watch = racism. And the predominant group pushing the racism scheme have been liberals. Therefore Invicta haters are now Antifa to me.
View Quote
#1 an skx is not going to impress watch snobs

#2 did you get complements on the watch due to its submariner appearance?  Not that people thought it was rolex, but that the sub design is a nice design.  I LOVE seiko, but the monster is not a beautiful design, however it is unique.

I did not mean to strike a nerve. Just giving other options "in the price range" ie less than a couple hundred bucks.  That's all.  Skx can be had for $175ish depending where you get it and yes warranty could be an issue for jdm watches.  I doubt warranty work would need to be done on an skx.  OP just wanted opinions on Invicta.  What got me into watches were 2 co-workers that had the sub homage Invicta with seiko movement.  That particular watch for $80ish is not a bad deal.  Not talking crap about the brand, just giving options, that's all.  

So the reason I recommended an skx, seiko is inhouse.  The movement down to the oils and grease are all made by seiko.  They take pride in their product and therefore the skx is probably one of the most successful dive watches in the price range.  They are known to go decades without needing service.  To me it's worth a little over double the price.,
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 9:30:00 AM EDT
[#35]
I'm a fan of the Seiko "Orange Monster" because it is uniquely Seiko.
It's not pretending to be anything except a solid dive watch with a very distinctive design at an affordable price.

What moron would buy an Invicta to "impress watch snobs"...
People who actually know their watches are far more impressed with Seiko than they are with Invicta.
Most of the guys I know with really extensive, high end watch collections also own a Seiko Orange Monster because it's so unique and has become a classic.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 8:23:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'm a fan of the Seiko "Orange Monster" because it is uniquely Seiko.
It's not pretending to be anything except a solid dive watch with a very distinctive design at an affordable price.

What moron would buy an Invicta to "impress watch snobs"...
People who actually know their watches are far more impressed with Seiko than they are with Invicta.
Most of the guys I know with really extensive, high end watch collections also own a Seiko Orange Monster because it's so unique and has become a classic.
View Quote
Yep agree with you on the "seiko-ness" of the OM, and it is an iconic seiko like the skx.  That's one thing I love about seiko, they are great designs that can stand alone and a rich history and reputation to back them up.

I don't have an OM, mostly because I already had 3 orange seikos, but it is still on the list.

A watch snob probably would not respect any seiko.  I remember a Robert Downey jr. Watch collection video showing his "epic" collection where he pretty much disregards seiko.  Too bad for him.

Personally I love all my seikos, particularly my orange sumo, as much as my omega.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 10:25:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
A watch snob probably would not respect any seiko.  I remember a Robert Downey jr. Watch collection video showing his "epic" collection where he pretty much disregards seiko.  Too bad for him.
View Quote
RDJ has a watch collection based on price tags and popularity, not quality, knowledge or love of horology.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 11:14:23 AM EDT
[#38]
The watch snobs on the world's largest watch forum consider Seiko to be an affordable, IE throwaway watch. That's the drift of conversations I read there. It's either top tier Swiss or go home with them.

No, I don't think a $6500 pistol is equal to one at $650 - not at all. However, the $650 gun will be duty grade suitable for use everyday in a holster or CCW for actual self defense use. I can sit in the bottom of a canoe wet and then shoot. Will the $6500 gun suffer that kind of use well? I think not. That is why there are shotguns for duck hunting, and then, there are engraved Belgian Brownings for $25,000 to impress your socially aligned neighbors when you invite them over for a shoot.

Please don't hit the staff driving the game out of the brush.

Just because something is expensive doesn't mean it works or works well. A lot of high end watches aren't handwash resistant - and you aren't supposed to get your hands dirty when wearing one, either. It's why they have finger bowls during the courses of the banquet you paid $5000 a plate to attend.

As for styles - why does Invicta get ripped for copying the Sub when the Sub has been copied by EVERYONE? Name the Brand they make a Sub Homage. Name certain Chinese makers and they offer a "Rolex" marked dial, with their skill level getting better each generation. It now takes microscopic examinations of crystal watermarks and a detailed view of the caliber to discover the differences. How do the Chinese get that good at it? They aren't making junk anymore - yet Invicta gets the hate just doing business like any other legitimate makers.

As for taste surf the web, Rolex has it's low class leopard print and diamond encrusted versions for the playas, too. So does Omega and many others. Having a lot of money never made a rich man gifted with good taste, even the poor can demonstrate that. Taste has nothing to do with money - it's an artistic appreciation for style, not excess. Make NO mistake, every high end watch Brand on the face of earth will sell an over the top watch that will confront the aesthetics of the most ardent watch admirer. What gives them a pass? The King's clothing can never be ugly or tasteless, it's his right to impose on you.

What we have are mindless followers of rank, and when they go to excess, they are rank about it. Invicta makes a decent watch using whose movements? SEIKO - so how does that make then completely crap when there are those fanbois pushing them as the minimum standard?

Do you see the hypocrisy in the watch world?

Here's my take - Invicta is the biggest troller of watch freaks world wide, making designs that mock and even improve on the best and worst there is out there. And guess what? THEY SELL, which collides head on with those who think a watch is some badge of social rank and that a price tag is the ticket into their social caste. However, that only works in their narrow view that the privileged class participate in this scam - and many world leaders and well off corporate owners don't, especially the founders and startups. Why? The know better than to think that a watch priced 10X higher than another will do anything more than just tell the time. And it can and will do it within the limits of being a certified chronometer, which is the biggest Swiss scam ever perpetrated on the public. You don't need a watch =/- 5 seconds a day to know you are 10 minutes late getting to work, and no, that $8000 watch on your wrist won't magically make you get there in time.

What it might do is give you a pass from those who play the game of kneeling in it's presence while tugging their forelock in obeisance. Some people like doing that - it's called being fashionably late.

Dogging a watch maker for doing exactly what all the others do is simply being haters. So? Go be antifa somewhere else.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 5:11:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Go be antifa somewhere else.
View Quote
There's only one poster to this thread who would fit right in at a Bernie, BLM, ANTIFA rally with his anti-capitalist views, accusations of racism and obsession with classism...

Go be poor somewhere else (and take your QVC watch with you), it's disgusting.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 9:08:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The watch snobs on the world's largest watch forum consider Seiko to be an affordable, IE throwaway watch. That's the drift of conversations I read there. It's either top tier Swiss or go home with them.

No, I don't think a $6500 pistol is equal to one at $650 - not at all. However, the $650 gun will be duty grade suitable for use everyday in a holster or CCW for actual self defense use. I can sit in the bottom of a canoe wet and then shoot. Will the $6500 gun suffer that kind of use well? I think not. That is why there are shotguns for duck hunting, and then, there are engraved Belgian Brownings for $25,000 to impress your socially aligned neighbors when you invite them over for a shoot.

Please don't hit the staff driving the game out of the brush.

Just because something is expensive doesn't mean it works or works well. A lot of high end watches aren't handwash resistant - and you aren't supposed to get your hands dirty when wearing one, either. It's why they have finger bowls during the courses of the banquet you paid $5000 a plate to attend.

As for styles - why does Invicta get ripped for copying the Sub when the Sub has been copied by EVERYONE? Name the Brand they make a Sub Homage. Name certain Chinese makers and they offer a "Rolex" marked dial, with their skill level getting better each generation. It now takes microscopic examinations of crystal watermarks and a detailed view of the caliber to discover the differences. How do the Chinese get that good at it? They aren't making junk anymore - yet Invicta gets the hate just doing business like any other legitimate makers.

As for taste surf the web, Rolex has it's low class leopard print and diamond encrusted versions for the playas, too. So does Omega and many others. Having a lot of money never made a rich man gifted with good taste, even the poor can demonstrate that. Taste has nothing to do with money - it's an artistic appreciation for style, not excess. Make NO mistake, every high end watch Brand on the face of earth will sell an over the top watch that will confront the aesthetics of the most ardent watch admirer. What gives them a pass? The King's clothing can never be ugly or tasteless, it's his right to impose on you.

What we have are mindless followers of rank, and when they go to excess, they are rank about it. Invicta makes a decent watch using whose movements? SEIKO - so how does that make then completely crap when there are those fanbois pushing them as the minimum standard?

Do you see the hypocrisy in the watch world?

Here's my take - Invicta is the biggest troller of watch freaks world wide, making designs that mock and even improve on the best and worst there is out there. And guess what? THEY SELL, which collides head on with those who think a watch is some badge of social rank and that a price tag is the ticket into their social caste. However, that only works in their narrow view that the privileged class participate in this scam - and many world leaders and well off corporate owners don't, especially the founders and startups. Why? The know better than to think that a watch priced 10X higher than another will do anything more than just tell the time. And it can and will do it within the limits of being a certified chronometer, which is the biggest Swiss scam ever perpetrated on the public. You don't need a watch =/- 5 seconds a day to know you are 10 minutes late getting to work, and no, that $8000 watch on your wrist won't magically make you get there in time.

What it might do is give you a pass from those who play the game of kneeling in it's presence while tugging their forelock in obeisance. Some people like doing that - it's called being fashionably late.

Dogging a watch maker for doing exactly what all the others do is simply being haters. So? Go be antifa somewhere else.
View Quote
What design has invicta taken and improved? Do a goggle images search for invicta watches and find 2 others you would buy.  The pro diver submariner homage is the only design (which is not their design) in three pages that didn't look like a small bedazzled gladiator shield.  But if that's what somebody wants, I'm not going to trash them, because it's what they want.

You seemed to take offence to me suggestion a better quality seiko skx.  I could ask you why somebody would spend $85 on a pro diver when you could get a vostok amphibia for $50, with in house movement.  

Why would somebody care for cosc chronometer certification?  Same reason somebody might want a Wilson supergrade that shoots 1" group @25 yards.  Some people like the accuracy.  It's not like the certification is just given to multi thousand dollar watches.  The mivenent actually has to pass a multi position/temp test and maintain the tight band of accuracy.  There is something to be said about the engineering and quality control that goes into a watch like that, and it has a price.

Anyway, I do love the passion you have for your pro diver.

Main reason I like all my watches, they all have soul, history, reputation.

So on that I'm out.

OP, enjoy you new watch!
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 9:49:14 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted: If anything Invicta has done so many that they have now used up the number of styles the "Swiss" would have liked to introduce for the next ten years. They can't touch them because "It looks like a cheap Invicta!"
View Quote

Yeaaaaaaa I don't see Rolex, Omega, or Breitling jumping on this shit any time soon.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 10:25:25 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
http://www.phatkatwatches.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/9.jpg

Yeaaaaaaa I don't see Rolex, Omega, or Breitling jumping on this shit any time soon.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted: If anything Invicta has done so many that they have now used up the number of styles the "Swiss" would have liked to introduce for the next ten years. They can't touch them because "It looks like a cheap Invicta!"

Link Posted: 5/3/2017 12:14:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
Maybe Hublot or Zenith though...
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 1:35:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's been Tag that always struck me as the brand most able to take a finely made piece of swiss precision and make it look like something off the armatron stand at wallyworld.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 3:59:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
^^^ Truth ^^^
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top