Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2017 8:45:14 PM EDT
Digital watches arent that interesting, but I wanted one of these.  Fairchild of fairchild semiconductor fame.  The watch actually was produced/commissioned by them and uses their chip on board watch IC.   Cool!  A proof of concept product.     This watch is from 1976-77.    The icing on the vintage digital gear is the fact that it is tritium lit.    I am also fond of the 6 digit display, that can display the day of the week.  Neeet.  

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

If anyone wants to see em, I have pictures of the guts.  Obviously I did some Tritium based surgery.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 1:43:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I had a tritium illuminated digital back in the late 1970s.  Very cool watch.  I'm a digital watch-aholic, so a vote from me to see the guts.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 4:38:39 PM EDT
[#2]
That would look cool in a vintage EDC photo alongside a VP70
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 11:52:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That would look cool in a vintage EDC photo alongside a VP70
View Quote
Hah, yeah very similar aesthetic.  

Heres the chip with the top popped off.  It took two watches to get my working one.  This is one of the donors
Attachment Attached File

Here is the other side.  The screw is a trimmer pot for speed adjustment.  Impressive.
Attachment Attached File

Sorry for potatoey pics, more to come.

When I saw a Fairchild watch I found this guy in my research.  He has some nice pictures.
http://www.timetrafficker.com/watches/lcd/fairchild-lcd-rectangular/index.html

http://www.timetrafficker.com/watches/lcd/fairchild-lcd-tritium/index.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top