Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2017 10:53:00 AM EDT
I'm looking to get a watch that is more for a business casual/dress look attire.  I would like something under $100 but maybe go as high as $200.  Any ideas on which company or site I can begin looking at a decent quality watch to purchase?
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 10:56:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Orient Bambino
Citizen quartz dress watch
Long Island Watch is a very reputable and fairly priced online dealer.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 11:05:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Seiko, Citizen, and Orient all make reasonably priced, good looking dress watches.

Amazon and ebay both have lots of choices and some good prices.

It helps to narrow down some of the choices like; quartz or automatic, strap or bracelet, stainless or gold tone or something else, and what size case you prefer.  There's a boatload of choices even if you limit it to the 3 brands I mentioned.

I'll find the model number of a watch I like and start searching on that for price.

ETA He's right about Long Island watch, anther good vendor is Jomashop.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 11:21:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Got the need to play dress up?
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 11:27:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got the need to play dress up?
View Quote
5 days a week
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 1:23:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Orient Bambino
Citizen quartz dress watch
Long Island Watch is a very reputable and fairly priced online dealer.
View Quote

Long Island Watch is definitely an awesome dealer for watches in this price range.

Maybe try an Orient Ray II on a leather strap.  It could probably pull off dressy enough then put the bracelet back on for weekends and you have a sporty watch again.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 1:27:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I e got a Citizen Eco Drive that I wear at work. I think it was around $150 but I can't remember.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 1:31:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I e got a Citizen Eco Drive that I wear at work. I think it was around $150 but I can't remember.
View Quote

Same I love the titanium I wear.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 1:42:53 PM EDT
[#8]
The Citizens look very nice, although the ones that I've always looked at getting seem to be slightly more than you're looking to spend. Bulova and Stuhrling make some nice watches in that price range.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 1:50:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The Citizens look very nice, although the ones that I've always looked at getting seem to be slightly more than you're looking to spend. Bulova and Stuhrling make some nice watches in that price range.
View Quote

Never pay retail for a Citizen or Bulova.
You can always find them online from legit sources discounted 30% to 50% or more.
Department and Jewelry store prices are ridiculous on entry level brands like those.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 2:43:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Never pay retail for a Citizen or Bulova.
You can always find them online from legit sources discounted 30% to 50% or more.
Department and Jewelry store prices are ridiculous on entry level brands like those.
View Quote

Definitely good advice, unfortunately for me though even when I look at the discount sites the models I want are all in the 300-500 range lol.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 3:53:13 PM EDT
[#11]
timex makes a super cool flyback in a bunch of colors. it is a knockoff of a old brielting  with a better movement
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 3:57:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for all the replies.  I'm looking into all of the suggestions.  Keep them coming. 
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 8:38:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you're looking in a department store like Kohls or Macy's.  Find something you like them ask when it will be on sale.  Come back that day.  

Or find it online cheaper.

Never pay retail.  Ever.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 2:57:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Any watch can look good with a tie, but if you're looking for an inexpensive watch with a simple dial, definitely look at Orient. 
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 11:36:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Any watch can look good with a tie, but if you're looking for an inexpensive watch with a simple dial, definitely look at Orient. 
View Quote
I actually ordered one from Long Island 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top