Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2017 5:49:43 PM EDT
Snug or loose?

Just wondering.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 5:55:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Slightly loose.   Snug just isn't comfortable.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 6:05:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Snug enough that it won't move back and forth on my wrist, but not so snug it leaves marks.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 6:07:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I do not wear one.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 6:16:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Snug enough that it won't move back and forth on my wrist, but not so snug it leaves marks.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 6:53:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I wear my alittle on the sungger side.

I can not stand for a watch to move around

I know, I know it decrease band life.
And I think about this, and I will loosen it up spot in the buckle, but after afew days, I will end up moving it back tighter again.

Link Posted: 1/26/2017 7:42:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Fairly loose.
Loose enough that it'll slide up and down my wrist about 1", but snug enough that the watch head cannot rotate around my wrist.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 9:30:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I do not wear one.
View Quote

Nato?
Rubber?
Leather?
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 12:08:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Not snug, but not anywhere near loose.

If I relax my hand, it wraps around with no pressure. If I make a fist, I can fit maybe half of the tip of my pinkie finger between the bracelet and my wrist.

I fucking love micro adjustment bracelets.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 9:46:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I fucking love micro adjustment bracelets.
View Quote

Precisely why both of my go to divers have adjustable extensions. I get a new watch fit a little snug and then wear it one click out. 
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 12:22:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Fairly loose.
Loose enough that it'll slide up and down my wrist about 1", but snug enough that the watch head cannot rotate around my wrist.
View Quote

Exactly how I like them to fit as well.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 12:56:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Reason I ask, went to the omega boutique to see about the micro adjustable clasp for my 2231.50. It seems it will be absurdly pricey to get one in TI + new end links to have it retro fitted.

SMP's don't have small adjustments in the clasp like other watches I've owned so I have to use my half link to make small adjustments.

Using my half link the bracelet is loose and I can slide it 1" on my wrist but it won't rotate. When I remove the half link (wearing like this today) it's snug with no movement but not too tight, just snug.

The AD said that loose bracelets lead to premature wear and stretching and that omega recommends a snug fit.

I had a bunch of pizza and beer last night so everything is a bit tight today, but I can fit my pinky under the clasp.

With the half link in I can fit a full pointer finger under it.

Am I doing it wrong or right? Usually wear a nato but I love the TI band on this watch and it's not heavy like my stainless divers.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 1:00:35 PM EDT
[#12]
I have the adjustable extension on my Omega Seamaster Co-Axial and it is definitely worth the money.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 1:17:48 PM EDT
[#13]
It's better for the bracelet if you wear it tighter than looser.

A loose bracelet move A LOT more than a snug one, which will wear at the pins/links. It may also be more susceptible to introducing foreign material into the links/pins, which will cause even more wear.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 1:30:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have the adjustable extension on my Omega Seamaster Co-Axial and it is definitely worth the money.
View Quote

I want to say it was $300 for the TI clasp and then I'd have to get new end links that use screws
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 2:06:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I want to say it was $300 for the TI clasp and then I'd have to get new end links that use screws
View Quote

My Seamaster is steel so it was about $125. I need the flexibility, though, because my wrist size changes a good bit during the day sometimes.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 3:30:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Mine does too notably in the summer.

Waiting on boutique to get total costs to me and then will decide (if it's compatible )
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 11:12:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Loose, but not so loose that it can rotate completely around my wrist.

I hate tight watch bands.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 9:19:42 PM EDT
[#18]
I have a 6139 Seiko I bought in the 80s and wore for 15 years, less than snug, and the bracelet is just fine. It was my beater watch - repairing cars and in the field. Got plenty dirty, I'd rinse it off if it was.

Metal bracelets don't fail - me. Leather, silicone and rubber, about two years. Nylon stinks in one long hot summer.

Wear it like you want. I'm thinking a snug watch band means 1) it makes a high end watch look "properly" fitted, where a sloppy loose one put on straight out of the box grey market, and 2) when you gain 20 pounds and have to go back to get it refitted, they get to charge you for your links you left behind ten years ago. 3) It's front and center on the wrist to make them look good.

I wore one snug two years 24/7 just to see what it's like and now I have either an allergic reaction to stainless - or fungus on my inside wrist. I'm not real happy about "snug."

YMMV.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 9:29:23 PM EDT
[#19]
That's a big reason I went with TI over stainless.

Anyways I got another 1/2 link and it resulted in a perfect fit.

Bracelet Sunday - Thursday and then a nato on Friday.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 12:41:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

My Seamaster is steel so it was about $125. I need the flexibility, though, because my wrist size changes a good bit during the day sometimes.
View Quote

Mine does the same, changes through the day multiple times, and then swells way up at the gym.

All of my daily watches have either a Glidelock clasp, or a ratcheting clasp. Fucking adjustment on the fly, with no tools, pins, or toothpicks required!

Plus, another benefit is that there's a greater range of fit than standard micro adjustments.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 1:19:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Leather or Nato for me

Bracelets yank out my arm hair which is unpleasant
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 2:19:46 PM EDT
[#22]
I like it just tight enough that it won't rotate around my wrist. A little extra room permits my wrist to swell while working out / sweating without getting overly snug.

SMPc bracelet is the most comfortable bracelet I've ever worn, but if I were between sizes I'd definitely consider the new adjustable clasp.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 5:16:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Slightly loose.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 8:21:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Juuuuust loose enough that the clasp does not touch my skin if I hold my arm up. This translates to being tight enough to not rotate and it will leave a very slight mark on my wrist.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:49:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Loose. It can slide down a bit when I put my arm down at my side.

My wrist just doesn't feel right when the band is too tight.

TC
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 3:13:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Fairly loose.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 1:22:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Just tight enough that it can't spin all the way around my wrist.  Cant stand a snug watch band
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top