Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2017 11:38:01 PM EDT
I need some kind of watch for when I'm out in the woods. I would just get a regular watch, but having stuff on my wrist drives me crazy. So what's a half decent pocket watch with glow in the dark hands? I've found some with light up faces, but I would rather just have the glowing hands so it won't be as bright when I'm hunting. And it seems like most of the ones I've found are either really nice and engraved, or some kind of steampunk watch.  I just need a regular one with a decent battery life and light up hands, nothing fancy.

Basically like this.

I found one on Amazon that's basically what I want, says it's a Dueber, don't know if it's any good or not.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 8:34:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Casio G-Shock and about one foot of 550 cord ought to do it.
Remove the rubber strap completely from the 6 o'clock side of the watch.
Cut the band off to about 1" long on the 12 o'clock side.
Punch a 1/4" hole in the band and tie the 550 cord to it.
Voila! rugged, accurate, glowy pocket watch.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 3:11:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Casio G-Shock and about one foot of 550 cord ought to do it.
Remove the rubber strap completely from the 6 o'clock side of the watch.
Cut the band off to about 1" long on the 12 o'clock side.
Punch a 1/4" hole in the band and tie the 550 cord to it.
Voila! rugged, accurate, glowy pocket watch.
View Quote

Apparently it's a popular idea

Link Posted: 1/20/2017 8:30:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Put one on a MARPAT nylon base with a 550 cord leash and a small titanium carabiner clip... Shit... did I just come up with a business idea?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top