Link Posted: 12/24/2016 7:34:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 9:39:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Something looks a little .....nevermind...where it in good health
View Quote

Yep......this is a really good example of how the thought is what counts.

In some type of way my grand pa got this replica yacht master, he knows it's a replica but my grand ma doesn't.

So today, they were giving out a bunch of their jewelry and gold, silver things today. So my grand ma pulls me aside and gives me the watch.

Being that I have done a lot for them in the past and to this day she wanted to give me somthing to show their appreciation.

It's really one of the best gifts I ever recoved since they thought it is worth thousands. It shows how much I mean to them.

Link Posted: 12/24/2016 9:39:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Wow you have fat wrists.....
View Quote

I prefer to call them girthy
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 9:40:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Opulence
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 9:44:53 PM EDT
[#7]
That's gross 
I'd sell it and buy ammo
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 10:46:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
That's gross 
I'd sell it and buy ammo
View Quote

I may be able to get 50 rounds for it
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 3:29:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Opulence
View Quote

He haz it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 12:45:00 PM EDT
[#10]
OP is good guy.  Understands the thought is massively more important than the actual gift.  Never let her know.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:09:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
OP is good guy.  Understands the thought is massively more important than the actual gift.  Never let her know.  
View Quote

Thanks man
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:13:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.

Good on you OP.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 7:03:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 7:11:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

In some type of way my grand pa got this replica yacht master, he knows it's a replica but my grand ma doesn't.

So today, they were giving out a bunch of their jewelry and gold, silver things today. So my grand ma pulls me aside and gives me the watch.

Being that I have done a lot for them in the past and to this day she wanted to give me somthing to show their appreciation.

It's really one of the best gifts I ever recoved since they thought it is worth thousands. It shows how much I mean to them.
View Quote

That, to me, would make it worth more than a real one!

Very sweet of your grandma, and good on you for your many years of being a great grandson.  Sorry for the loss of your grandfather, and best wishes for your grandma and family.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 7:18:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Very sweet of your grandma, and good on you for your many years of being a great grandson.  Sorry for the loss of your grandfather, and best wishes for your grandma and family.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you for the kind words, and you are right about it being worth more to me than a real one. Gramps is still with us but the cancer is back and I have been making sure they make the apts and drive them around, so I think that's why she gave it to me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top