Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » SCUBA
Posted: 6/19/2017 10:41:00 AM EDT
This is where I conduct my OW instruction, although I was not there this past weekend.

Looks like the woman may have expired from a non-diving related condition (heart attack), since her computer only indicated a max depth of 6' and she still had an essentially full cylinder.

Eyewitness report on Reddit

News Report

GIBSONBURG, Ohio (13abc Action News) -  Leaders at White Star Park Quarry in Gibsonburg say they see minor diving accidents every year.

On Sunday, one diver was rushed to a Toledo hospital after running low on oxygen and getting water in her lungs. The incident comes a day after another diver lost their life in the quarry's waters.

Alyssa Tramont says she was wrapping up a lesson at the quarry Saturday when she saw emergency crews responding to a body in the water.

"It was a very sobering reminder that it can be dangerous," said Tramont.

Quarry leaders say they were notified of a diver floating unresponsive in the waters just before 2:00 Saturday afternoon.

A fellow diver pulled the victim, 58-year-old Mary Wolf of Powell, Ohio, ashore and began CPR. First responders later pronounced Wolf dead at the scene.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 11:52:52 AM EDT
[#1]
There's a thread over at ScubaBoard about it. One of the posters said that she did not look well before she went into the water. Real shame.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 12:14:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I had no idea they had opened a park there.  My mom and her siblings grew up in Gibsonburg, and they went swimming and diving in those quarries in the 1950s.  Sad news.
Page General » SCUBA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top