Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » SCUBA
Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2017 10:28:35 AM EDT
Since I'll be interning this coming weekend, the wife got me an early Fathers Day present; diving with sharks at the Denver Downtown Aquarium. Place it pretty nice. She loves otters, so we did the meet and greet with 3 river otters. We weren't disappointed.

Water was 73 degrees, 20ft deep. The only personal gear we could use were our masks. They worry about contamination, so had to use their equipment. Got in, and spent 52 minutes down. No sooner do we get to the first spot, a 7ft Sawfish parks right in front of me, with his saw nose pointed right at me, and only 8 inches away! He stayed there as long as we did, so I spent a bit of that time investigating this odd fish. We moved on to the second spot, and had a better view of some of the others. It was slightly disconcerting having a 6ft female Barracuda parked right behind me.

A number of Sand Tigers, a Leopard Shark, Black Tips, several Sawfish, and I missed identifying a couple of others. Was a nice experience, but honestly, slightly boring. Just sitting there isn't as fun as swimming around them. The kid that I was paired with had a hell of a nice camera, and got some amazing pictures. I'll see if I can post some to this. Sadly, I haven't gotten an underwater camera yet.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 10:20:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like you had fun. That ray freaks me out!
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 10:45:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Now take her to Epcot and do the dive.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 8:13:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sounds like you had fun. That ray freaks me out!
View Quote
Aww, he's cute! Cownose Ray, only get 3ft across the wings. Wife had a blast feeding them.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 12:01:16 AM EDT
[#4]
The sawfish is really cool.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 12:07:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
....That ray freaks me out!
View Quote
They're like puppies. You need to do Stingray City, Marie.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 8:44:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Come to WPB/Jupiter
You will see plenty

They seem particlarly curious when you are at your stop on poor viz days.....and solo
Page General » SCUBA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top