Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » SCUBA
Posted: 2/21/2017 11:51:34 AM EDT
Heading to Cozumel in a couple weeks to go diving. This will be my 4th time diving and I haven't gone on almost 3 years. What are the best novice dives in Cozumel?

Thanks!
Eric
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 10:52:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you considered doing a refresher course at home before you go on the trip since it's been three years?

Should take 60-90 minutes in a pool.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:50:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have you considered doing a refresher course at home before you go on the trip since it's been three years?

Should take 60-90 minutes in a pool.
View Quote

good advice^^^
Also get a private divemaster

The currents in Coz change, what may be ripping one day, may be fairly benign the next.

Generally speaking though

Paradise
Chankanaab
San Clemente
La Francesa
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 2:33:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Where are you staying?

ETA: I have done a few trips with these guys and can vouch for a great experience.
Good prices as well as free nitrox if you want to get certified for it. They are on the south part of the island though. Right next to the Iberostar resort.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 12:43:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Staying at the Sunscape Sabor Resort, I think it is on the northern side of the island.

I will definitely look into a refresher.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 9:06:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Staying at the Sunscape Sabor Resort, I think it is on the northern side of the island.

I will definitely look into a refresher.
View Quote
Not sre where you are at, but if in Phoenix there are a couple of dive shops that offer reasonably priced refresher packages. El Mar is my dive shop.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 4:00:19 PM EDT
[#6]
If on the east side, El Mar is pretty good shop to check out.  If on the west side, check out Scuba Professionals of Az.  Both are SSI and have some good people working for them.  IM me if you have any questions as I'm in Phx as well.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 4:18:03 PM EDT
[#7]
not a great place for beginner dives.  Some of the operators have shit dive masters, it requires a pretty deep dive and the currents are strong.
Page General » SCUBA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top