Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » SCUBA
Posted: 2/2/2017 6:48:58 PM EDT
Editing original post. Wife has just told me in no uncertain terms is she risking her "land" camera!

The wife has a current model DSLR (Canon EOS Rebel T5i) that she likes (apparently ALOT) I use a GoPro 4 for my video, but she wants to take stills. Anyone with recommendations for a quality digital camera and housing rig? Budget up to 2k.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 7:15:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I just took a look at backscatter.com. It looks like you have two options, one is by Nauticam for 2,400 and one by Ikelight for 1,600. I cannot comment on the Ikelight. However, I do have a Nauticam housing for my Blackmagic Pocket Cinema camera. It's very well constructed and can take a beating. It's made of Aluminum versus Lexan on the Ikelight. The Nauticam is rated for 100 meters versus 60 on the Ikelight. There's also a greater range of accessories for the Nauticam.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 9:56:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I looked at the small Canon line (G7 and G9) and the FantaSea enclosures. Doesnt seem like there are a lot of reviews out there. Anyone used them?
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 11:00:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 10:56:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Local dive shop recommended SeaLife. Anyone use their cameras? (local shop doesnt sell them so I didnt get to fondle)
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 12:12:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Local dive shop recommended SeaLife. Anyone use their cameras? (local shop doesnt sell them so I didnt get to fondle)
View Quote

I got to handle one on Saturday during my pool session with instructors. Someone we know was sharing the lane with us and he had his new Sealife DC2000 with him. Takes great pics and video. Easy to use controls, seems even with dry gloves. I was very interested as I'm looking for a good camera for my Lake Huron wreck diving trip in July. My LDS sells Sealife.

Link
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 1:07:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks Marie. Some friends were on a dive trip to San Carlos and the group had three of them. Everyone seemed to like them. 
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:35:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Olympus TG-4 + Olympus PT-056 UW Housing + Olympus UFL-3 Underwater Flash

You'll still need a few accessories but you should come in under budget. You'll be set up to take some really nice UW photos.
Page General » SCUBA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top