Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » SCUBA
Posted: 1/17/2017 4:07:38 PM EDT
Hey, all.  Heading back down to Pensacola for the kids' spring break and to escape Michigan for a week.

Going to dive with my son (who is 12...and certified OW).  Besides Ft Pickens Jetties and the freshwater springs, any other good shore dives within an hour or two of Pensacola NAS?

We'll be heading back to the Keys later this summer, but for now, a quick dunk in some warm water will be all we're looking for.

Thanks a ton!
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 6:22:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Just talking with my wife...even if I can get him on a dive boat for an outing or two, that would scratch the diving itch.

So, if you could also recommend some charter boats out of Pensacola, that would be awesome.  He's Jr OW certified, so that limits us to a max depth of 40'.

He's been bugging the hell out of me to spear some lionfish.  Maybe something along those lines.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 7:07:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Apparently the oldest business in Florida is Pensacola Hardware.  I'd visit there.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 7:58:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Apparently the oldest business in Florida is Pensacola Hardware.  I'd visit there.
View Quote

What do they have to do with diving?
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 10:16:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I highly recommend Down Under Dive shops in Gulf Shores Alabama.  Not too far away and they will take you out to some great places.  They have places great for kids to go too. 
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 10:51:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I highly recommend Down Under Dive shops in Gulf Shores Alabama.  Not too far away and they will take you out to some great places.  They have places great for kids to go too. 
View Quote

Sweet...I'll check them out.  Thanks!
Page General » SCUBA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top