Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » SCUBA
Posted: 1/11/2017 3:26:59 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 7:24:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I learned to dive using a Voit dual hose reg.

I don't have any desire to go back to one.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 8:47:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 8:59:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I've heard great things about the Kraken
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:38:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I learned to dive using a Voit dual hose reg.
View Quote

So did I. A Trieste. I kept it for awhile. Got my share of funny looks and snarky comments.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 7:36:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Double Hose regs always caught my interest.  They do not lend themselves to modern bc/tank/valves so I steered away.

I have a Selpac double yoke manifold and old timey ss bands on the way to me as I type so I can double up a set of lp72's.  I plan of using modern single hose, but this opens up the DH venue now, and the moths will have to fly out my wallet
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 6:41:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Double Hose regs always caught my interest.  They do not lend themselves to modern bc/tank/valves so I steered away.

I have a Selpac double yoke manifold and old timey ss bands on the way to me as I type so I can double up a set of lp72's.  I plan of using modern single hose, but this opens up the DH venue now, and the moths will have to fly out my wallet
View Quote

Well, I have a Nemrod Snark III inbound.
Will post when I have it.

Link Posted: 2/5/2017 7:14:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 5:55:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, I am familiar with the Kraken.  Very impressive unit.  
The Snark III was available in DIN as well, when it was last produced -1998.  This was the last mass produced DH AFAIK.   I am not sure of mfg date for the one I bought, but guessing late 70s-early 80's [don't have it to fondle yet] due to lack of HP port.
Navy BUD/s used this unit for re-breather training at one point.
Page General » SCUBA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top