Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » SCUBA
Posted: 11/21/2016 12:51:08 AM EDT
What do you guys use for filters when shooting video in lakes and whatnot that have a green tint from the algae blooms?  I've shot some video on my SeaLife HD, but it's obviously very green and I want to cut some of that out.  Thanks.
-SleeperShooter
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 12:54:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
What do you guys use for filters when shooting video in lakes and whatnot that have a green tint from the algae blooms?  I've shot some video on my SeaLife HD, but it's obviously very green and I want to cut some of that out.  Thanks.
-SleeperShooter
View Quote

Here is a guide for which filter to use in different conditions.
For green use a magenta filter.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 8:40:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Can you even put a filter on that camera? I looked at the specs of it online and I couldn't find any information regarding filters.

Personally, I use a Blackmagic Pocket Cinema in a Nautical housing with a GoPro Hero 3+ Black riding as a B camera. For both cameras I use Snake River Prototyping 55mm filters. The Cyan gets used in salt and the Green filter gets used in fresh water. The GoPro uses a filter mount, but I have to use a 58-55mm step down ring with the Blackmagic.

Generally speaking you want to use a magenta filter for green water and red for blue water.

Hope it helps.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 8:55:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can you even put a filter on that camera? I looked at the specs of it online and I couldn't find any information regarding filters.

Personally, I use a Blackmagic Pocket Cinema in a Nautical housing with a GoPro Hero 3+ Black riding as a B camera. For both cameras I use Snake River Prototyping 55mm filters. The Cyan gets used in salt and the Green filter gets used in fresh water. The GoPro uses a filter mount, but I have to use a 58-55mm step down ring with the Blackmagic.

Generally speaking you want to use a magenta filter for green water and red for blue water.

Hope it helps.
View Quote

It's got digital built in filters. Thanks for checking.  And thanks Pepper for that link.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 2:52:30 PM EDT
[#4]
How about using software when editing to get the result you seek.
I use Kdenlive
Page General » SCUBA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top