Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » SCUBA
Posted: 11/14/2016 2:47:31 PM EDT
AI is now an option for the Perdix.  Hollis and Oceanic TXers will work with them.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 2:50:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't trust AI. Have read enough stories about it going wonky. Too expensive for my tastes, anyway. A plain brass and glass analog SPG works just fine for me.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 4:25:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't trust AI. Have read enough stories about it going wonky. Too expensive for my tastes, anyway. A plain brass and glass analog SPG works just fine for me.
View Quote

I have both.  AI and electronic logs can give you a ton of info that is essentially un track trackable otherwise.  

Link Posted: 11/14/2016 7:31:47 PM EDT
[#3]
It would run me $1525.00 to put that on both my 1st stages. To run brass and glass with 9 inch hoses is around $160.00. I don't see this going a lot of places.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 8:24:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It would run me $1525.00 to put that on both my 1st stages. To run brass and glass with 9 inch hoses is around $160.00. I don't see this going a lot of places.
View Quote

DGE sold out of their pre-order allotment in less than a half hour.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 8:57:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you want the latest and greatest you gotta pay.  The margins are high but the volume is low.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 2:03:47 AM EDT
[#6]
where the popcorn eating smiley when you need it
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 4:16:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 9:45:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That's what I was thinking.

I can recall several posts along the lines of "tech community doesn't use it hurr durr"

Your move

FWIW, I really like my wireless AI setup. The logging is really cool.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
where the popcorn eating smiley when you need it

That's what I was thinking.

I can recall several posts along the lines of "tech community doesn't use it hurr durr"

Your move

FWIW, I really like my wireless AI setup. The logging is really cool.

SW said 2 years ago that they had no plans for it.    What's funny is,  some of the people bitching about the idea of tech AI are now bitching about the limited number of transmitters
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 6:57:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I have both.  AI and electronic logs can give you a ton of info that is essentially un track trackable otherwise.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the only selling point for me is to have more data in my logs... but my logs aren't worth another $300+.

I am comfortable enough with my SAC rate that I don't need my computer telling me.
I went diving the other day on a tank that had 2,500psi instead of a full 3,000.
I still came up with 1,100psi. Could I have stayed down longer? Yes. Did I need to? No.

I have heard the transmitters have problems with DPVs anyway, and I rarely kick.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 5:01:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I went AI exclusively two years ago sidemount. only my O2 and one of my stage's have spg's anymore. I have not had a issue in the past several years since I switched to oceanic transmitters. in the beginning, I did have one instance with a receiver losing signal while scootering in a cave. it was on the arm working the trigger, and the batt was really low. I am most likely going to get one and retire the Atom's. Also use a petrel backup
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:01:57 AM EDT
[#11]
I got my Predix AI last week and was able to do a pair of dives on it. I used an oceanic transmitter from another computer I had and there were no issues with the pairing. I really like it but don't have enough dives on it yet. I said 2 years ago if they ever got AI I would get it right away.
Link Posted: 11/23/2017 6:08:08 AM EDT
[#12]
negative.
Page General » SCUBA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top