Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » SCUBA
Posted: 11/1/2016 1:18:15 AM EDT
Heading to Cabo in February with my wife and several other couples.  Looking to do a day trip with 2 or 3 dives.  Any recommendations for areas or companies?
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 7:20:28 AM EDT
[#1]
might not be possible.  The water is 1000 feet deep right off shore.  I have fished there for many many years and several times have taken my family.  One time they wanted to snorkel as we have done in the Bahamas etc.  The only place to do so was this one little cove off the beach and the water was still 40 foot deep.  This was in cabo san Lucas at the southern tip of the peninsula.

May be different in san jose del cabo which is where the airport is and north of cabo.

Cabo is one of the best places to go for marlin fishing playing golf and partying.  Scuba diving I don't think so.  I never really paid attention to it but I am telling you the water is mega deep.  Most of the boats don't even have depth finders as the water is like 7000 feet deep a couple of miles off shore.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 7:59:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Diving is available there. I looked into it when we were planning a trip, but canceled.  

But very true about depths though.   I have been to the Northern end of the Sea of Cortez, Guaymas area, and points North of that.
Very memorable dives.  Sea life is amazing and abundant and the snaps a pops of life are extreme there.

Diving with sea lions....

Link Posted: 11/2/2016 2:42:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Good info.  Thanks.   There are a few dive shops that advertise boat dives in two different locations.  I'll have to do some googling.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 9:08:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I was there about a year ago - used Manta Dive - they were ok. The diving is decent but not amazing, it seems like its mostly in the area of the lands end arch. There is even a dive where you get to dive in two different oceans. If you want amazing diving take a trip to Cabo Pulmo - its something like a 2 hour van drive from cabo san lucas but well worth the drive - much better dive sites.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 9:16:51 PM EDT
[#5]
1. Great White Sharks!
2. No reef
3. Deeper than hell

Diving?  Go to the other side of Mexico, Cozumel, for example.
Page General » SCUBA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top