Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » SCUBA
Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2016 6:32:13 PM EDT
Just booked a flight down to Belize City and plan on doing some diving.  My buddy is going to move down there early next year and we are going to scout out places to live.  Anyone have any recommendations on what operators to use, things to do, tips, etc?  Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 7:24:31 PM EDT
[#1]

My brother stayed and took his OW course at a dive op on Ambergris Caye.
From the sound of it that is the place to go, but I have no idea about dive operators.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 7:15:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Unless your going to spend the extra dough and make all of your dives at Turneffe Atoll, skip Belize. It sucks great big huge donkey dick. 1) The reef is about 90% dead and you wont see shit except nurse sharks and an ocassional ray; 2) you can only legally buy one kind of beer and it tastes like the piss of said huge donkey; and 3) it's as expensive as all get out in December.

Seriously, your money would be better spent somewhere else. Get a refund while you still can...
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 7:04:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Unless your going to spend the extra dough and make all of your dives at Turneffe Atoll, skip Belize. It sucks great big huge donkey dick. 1) The reef is about 90% dead and you wont see shit except nurse sharks and an ocassional ray; 2) you can only legally buy one kind of beer and it tastes like the piss of said huge donkey; and 3) it's as expensive as all get out in December.

Seriously, your money would be better spent somewhere else. Get a refund while you still can...
View Quote

I've heard that about Belize.  My dive shop won't book trips there because they say the only diving worth a damn is too expensive for most people.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 3:39:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I've heard that about Belize.  My dive shop won't book trips there because they say the only diving worth a damn is too expensive for most people.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well since our primary mission is to scout out places for my buddy to live, we will continue with our plans.  However, we have been looking into diving the atolls.  I will report back my findings upon my return.  

Thanks again for the input!
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 2:09:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Can't say about now. 20+ years ago it was awsome.
Page General » SCUBA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top