Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » SCUBA
Page / 51
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 8:45:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Hollis M4 mask did the trick. Wore it lower under my nose as had been suggested to me.

Took the others back to the shop.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 5:56:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Sitting in a hotel room getting my gear together and giving it the once over. I've been doing Advanced Nitrox/Decompression Porcedures for the past 3 day. Today is the final day It has been the toughest course I've taken yet; far tougher than cave 1.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 8:27:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jerrwhy01:
Sitting in a hotel room getting my gear together and giving it the once over. I've been doing Advanced Nitrox/Decompression Porcedures for the past 3 day. Today is the final day It has been the toughest course I've taken yet; far tougher than cave 1.
View Quote
How so? I thought it was rather easy compared to the cavern course I had taken.

I did my course through TDI and combined it with Helitrox. I now think Helitrox is somewhat useless to me but that's another discussion.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 5:18:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By jerrwhy01:
View Quote
Who are you taking it through and where are you doing the dives?
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 8:20:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jerrwhy01] [#5]
Just got back and got another merit badge to add to the collection.

My instructor is very tough on a couple of things in this course. He is very, very big on buoyancy control for this course. In his opinion going thru deco in a cave (he was also my cave instructor) is relatively easy because you have a lot of reference points and frankly attachment points should you need them. His opinion is that you should have good buoyancy control in the open ocean. Then couple that with gas switches, running a deco plan, shooting a lift bag and the task loading spiked up.

Another factor in this was there was a problematic student. He's a nice guy but he wasn't ready for this course. His academic skills we're up to snuff and it was apparent that he hadn't read the material. In addition his in water skills were less than stellar and he was in a new side mount rig that he really didn't spend much time setting up.

What happened was that when ever there was a shared drill our strengths elevated the problematic student. However, his deficiencies also brought the rest of us down. In short we were carrying the guy thru the course.

When it was apparent that this student wasn't able to maintain buoyancy above 20 feet while on 100% O2 he was pulled aside and not allowed to continue the course until he approves. Oddly enough after that it became pretty apparent at how much the problematic student was impacting the performance of the class as the task and objectives became much more easier for me and the remaining student. When they say a dive team is only as good as their weakest diver they mean it. I was really surprised at how much different and easier everything became once the weak student was removed.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 8:25:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By floridahunter07:

Who are you taking it through and where are you doing the dives?
View Quote
IM sent.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 9:50:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Two things about weight, everybody starts out using too much. It's a matter of getting comfortable and dealing with the stress of a new and foreign environment. Two things and I'll shut up. First when I took PADI Advanced Open Water I hadn't dove in quite a while and was getting back into the sport.  I asked the lead instructor, who dove with no weight except his aluminum backplate, how he did it. He told me just think heavy thoughts. My impression was he was just being a jerk. As I dove more and got more comfortable I used less and less weight. Second I took NSS/CDS Cavern training at Ginnie Springs Florida. Cavern, cave, overhead environment causing a silt out much more serious than in an open water lake, etc. The instructor constantly talked about buoyancy control and how critical weight management was. Dropped a couple more pounds during the course. So many things in diving are about time in water and experience, stay with it you will get there.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 10:21:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 7:05:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By HeavyMetal:
A dirty little secret is you want new OW students over-weighted, it makes them easier to control if they get a crazy idea.
View Quote
Yep, and I dive with double what I need because I invariably end up giving most of it to ow students who are unweighted.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 9:30:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By TailHunter:
Yep, and I dive with double what I need because I invariably end up giving most of it to ow students who are unweighted.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
A dirty little secret is you want new OW students over-weighted, it makes them easier to control if they get a crazy idea.
This is an instructor truth; get'em thru OW and then work on shedding weight.

When I was actively instructing, I typically carried 10# or more extra weight, depending on confined water session results, and weighted my students 2-3# more than "needed". This was especially helpful when you had a 'bolter' from 25' or so and you or your divemaster had to latch on to prevent an embolism.

For my own rec diving outside of classes, I had a complete weight set-up that made me neutral in my gear.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:41:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Question for you guys with DIN regs:

Is it normal for the O-ring to pop off really easily? I've lost 2 O-rings already. Good thing I had replacements (and the XTX50 dust cap has an extra O-ring on it). This is my pony reg and as my regular set is yoke, this is something new. Guess I'm going to have to really baby it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 8:08:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Marie:
Question for you guys with DIN regs:

Is it normal for the O-ring to pop off really easily? I've lost 2 O-rings already. Good thing I had replacements (and the XTX50 dust cap has an extra O-ring on it). This is my pony reg and as my regular set is yoke, this is something new. Guess I'm going to have to really baby it.
View Quote
Never had it happen to me. I've used em with the DIN to Yoke adapters, Al80's, low pressure tanks jacked to stupid high pressures, covered in mud and silt from pancaking in Orange Grove, banging on cave walls, and I've never had that happen to me.

Now that I think about it maybe I should go change them.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 6:07:34 PM EDT
[#13]
It can happen if you don't release the pressure from the second stage before attempting to loosen. If you don't it will pop the oring out. Outside of that I have never seen it unintentionally happen.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 6:29:37 PM EDT
[#14]
They've gotten lost when I've just pulled the dust cap off. Happened even when I used it the first time.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 8:06:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By devildog12210:
It can happen if you don't release the pressure from the second stage before attempting to loosen. If you don't it will pop the oring out. Outside of that I have never seen it unintentionally happen.
View Quote
I've had it happen pretty often even when being careful to purge before trying to loosen. I haven't used that set in a while so I don't have the problem anymore :-)
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:49:38 AM EDT
[#16]
I've had it happen periodically, but not terribly often.  For reference, I have somewhere around 12 regs and only 3 are yoke. (I never use those).  
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 10:51:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Hmmm. Guess I'll just have to watch it when I take the dust cap off

Did 1.13 miles/2000 yards in the pool tonight. Takes me about an hour. I actually enjoy it, which surprises me still!
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 9:22:08 PM EDT
[#18]
All packed up for tomorrow's opening day at the quarry. Tanks already in the car.

Link Posted: 3/31/2017 9:43:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Hmmm. Guess I'll just have to watch it when I take the dust cap off

Did 1.13 miles/2000 yards in the pool tonight. Takes me about an hour. I actually enjoy it, which surprises me still!
View Quote
Chances are the o-ring diameter is a little undersize, which is why it's falling out of the o-ring groove. Slight undersize in diameter will still allow for a pneumatic seal under pressure- it's just a PITA when the damn things keep falling out.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 11:08:16 PM EDT
[#20]
I'd try and get some spare viton orings, I'd agree it sounds like you had an undersized one.

It happens but it shouldn't be a normal thing.  

Using reg caps whenever you take the regs off the tanks helps.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 8:02:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By CaverX:
I'd try and get some spare viton orings, I'd agree it sounds like you had an undersized one.

It happens but it shouldn't be a normal thing.  

Using reg caps whenever you take the regs off the tanks helps.
View Quote
The O rings tend to come off when I take the dust cap off. Happened to me yesterday again. However, I was very careful and noticed the O ring come loose, and caught it before it completely fell off.

LDS manager told me to bring the reg in and he would take a look at it.

Speaking of yesterday, it was a gorgeous day for opening day at the local quarry. Sunny, bit of a breeze, temp about 60. Water temp 46 on the shallow (20-30') side and about 42 on the deep (30-50') side. Viz was probably 30'. There wasn't the usual winter algae die-off, probably because it didn't get cold enough. There was a ton of green crap in the water.  Dive 1 buddy and I were both working on weighting issues (he had a new BC and semi-dry wetsuit) so we stayed on a platform at 20'. I had 20 lbs of lead (on top of BP and weighted STA). Too light! I had to stay near the buoy line as I could have easily headed for the surface. Buddy thought I was gone once, but I caught myself in time. Had a 2.5 hour SI as we had lunch and visited with some friends. Added 2 more lbs. 2nd dive we went off one of the docks as that meant a shorter surface swim to the Flamingo (33' cabin cruiser sunk in quarry, flamingos are the quarry "mascot"). My giant stride was good for a laugh. More like a hop! I also lost my nerve to do it (dock is about 5' above the water) and had to psych myself to do it. Flamingo's deck is at 30-35', keel at 45'. My fins hit the deck, and my brain just said, "I'm outta here." Not really sure what the problem was, but I signaled to buddy to go up and we went up. Tried descending again and it wasn't happening.

I think my issue on the Flamingo is that I was afraid of not having enough weight on me and popping up to the surface. I had 22 lbs on me, which was the same amount as I had on me at Mermet. My rig can't hold any more weight without adding a weight belt.

On the positive side, all the cardio in the pool is paying off as it's become easier hauling all the gear and I had an easier time walking the 25 yards (or so) into the water with all my gear on.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 9:39:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 10:34:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Loaded up the kayaks on the back of the truck and took the wife to the Rainbow River in beautiful Dumbellon for a leisurely drift dive on Saturday. Weather was beautiful, air temp was 85 water temp was the usual 72 degrees. Lots and lots of people out that day.

Managed to find a small river cave and took a peek inside. It was very tight quarters and is most definitely a side mount or more realistically a no mount cave. I really couldn't tell for sure and I only went a little ways in. With it being tight quarters, lots and lots of flow, and my wife waiting outside the entrance with our kayaks in tow I didn't spend long inside. However, it's definitely something I'm going to check out in the future and see if it's within my ability/comfort level.

Made it back to our launch site and got into it with the Asshole from American Pro Diving center. Note, if your a diving professional don't get into a yelling match and act like an asshole when you have the name of the dive shop you work for plastered on the side of your boat and truck.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 1:59:35 PM EDT
[#24]
I tend to have a hard time reaching my inflator button with dry gloves on. Instructor saw me struggling with it and suggested I get a longer corrugated hose on wing. Contacted LDS manager to ask about cost and he proposed a solution that didn't cost me anything.  His wing had a 16" hose he hated. My 12" was too short. He suggested we just swap corrugated hoses. Took wing in earlier in the week and manager did the switcheroo. I'll test it out this weekend as I'm diving the local quarry again.

Also got new dry gloves to use with my ring system. I've gone to thin merino wool liners. Made the gloves I had too big and I had no dexterity. Got orange colored gloves that give me much better dexterity and fit so much better. Got a couple of extra pairs. They were cheap at $5 a pair.

Hope to get my weighting issue more resolved this weekend. Bought some clip on weights to use.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 3:15:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Hopefully the 16" hose works out better for you. I know the 12" is popular for doubles but I could see where it would be a bit short on a single tank. Good luck!
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 9:38:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By devildog12210:
Hopefully the 16" hose works out better for you. I know the 12" is popular for doubles but I could see where it would be a bit short on a single tank. Good luck!
View Quote
Holy crap, the 16" hose made a HUGE difference! The smaller dry gloves helped, too.

Today went much better than last week! Murphy stalked us on the first dive, though! I forgot my computer right before we went under, and buddy was nice enough to get out and get it for me. He broke a fin strap when he got back in. Good thing quarry rents fins! Spring straps are his next purchase! I was too light at 22 lbs on first dive. My feet felt very floaty and it felt like whenever my butt was up a bit, that I was going to go up feet first. I stayed very close to the buoy line on the platform. We stayed down 20 minutes and then went back up. We tried to go down again, but I couldn't get my right ear to equalize after several tries, so that was it for the first dive.

2nd dive much better. Had 26 lbs on. The extra 4 lbs came from clip on weights. Pretty much too heavy. I’ll take off 2 lbs next time. Swam around the platform and I didn’t touch the buoy line hardly at all while down there. Had fun! Mucked around in the rocks at the bottom and found some cool shells. Saw massive, fugly catfish! ?? Down for about 36 minutes. Would have stayed down longer, but buddy who dives a semi-dry was getting cold. I was a wee bit cold. it was a good day. Can’t wait for buoyancy class on the 23rd to help with my issues.

Water temp was 49. Gorgeous day about 60-65 with some wind and tons o' sun. Not diving again until the 22nd due to Easter next weekend. Going up to Pearl Lake on the IL/WI border.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:28:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Diving Pearl Lake tomorrow

Link

Sunday is my Advanced Buoyancy class (PPB for the PADI folks).
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 7:40:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Buoyancy class was interesting, somewhat fun, and a lot of hard work. Learned a bunch. I got 5 dives in this weekend. Up to 22 dives now!
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 2:18:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Buoyancy class was interesting, somewhat fun, and a lot of hard work. Learned a bunch. I got 5 dives in this weekend. Up to 22 dives now!
View Quote
I think I'd lost count by then
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 9:57:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Dan_Gray:
View All Quotes
I should be over 25 dives this weekend. A friend is coming in from Michigan to dive with me at the quarry here. We'll be diving Sat & Sun. He just made PADI DM. He's going on the Lake Huron trip this summer, and it will be nice to have our own DM.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:07:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:30:02 PM EDT
[#32]
You do realize a boat Divemaster is a tour guide/flunky where as a dive shop Divemaster is a assistant Instructor/Keyman whore.
View Quote
I'm joking! Anyway, dive boats on the Great Lakes generally do not have a DM in the water with them, unlike boats in tropical places.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:46:06 PM EDT
[#33]

I should be over 25 dives this weekend. A friend is coming in from Michigan to dive with me at the quarry here. We'll be diving Sat & Sun. He just made PADI DM. He's going on the Lake Huron trip this summer, and it will be nice to have our own DM.
View Quote
DMs are the worst divers ever.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:43:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Marie] [#34]
My dive buddy the new DM was actually a pretty good buddy. Didn't stray. Had a good dive today! Air temp was 45, very stiff breeze, pouring rain. At least the pavilion was open and a fire was going in the fireplace. It was warmer underwater - 51 on the shallow side. Viz was only about 10 ft, as it had been mucked up pretty good by a large OW class in the morning, about 25 students. I dove in the afternoon. Only did one dive. 23 now! Tomorrow we're going on the "deep" side for better viz as the OW class will be there again tomorrow. Buddy dives a semi-dry, even in the dead of winter.

Link Posted: 5/1/2017 8:01:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Got 2 dives in yesterday, so I'm up to 25 now. Breathing definitely needs work. Will be working on that Saturday.

Weather yesterday was much better. Still very gray, but wind was much less and it didn't start raining until we were packing up.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 8:55:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Got 2 dives in yesterday, so I'm up to 25 now. Breathing definitely needs work. Will be working on that Saturday.

Weather yesterday was much better. Still very gray, but wind was much less and it didn't start raining until we were packing up.
View Quote
I'm so glad your such a trooper. It's never easy to learn a completely new skill in an alien world.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 9:05:18 PM EDT
[#37]

I'm so glad your such a trooper. It's never easy to learn a completely new skill in an alien world.
View Quote
Buoyancy is my biggest issue. A friend thinks that once I get out of my drysuit I'll have an easier time. I was able try on a friend's wetsuit and although going by the size chart, it should *not* have fit me, but it did - very nicely, too! Bare Evoke 3mm. Have it on order, LDS gave me $70 off. Will be good for the local quarry diving when it's so hot in the summer.

Yesterday down on the Flamingo (the 33' cabin cruiser sunk in the quarry), it was 45 degrees at 43'. I got a pin hole in one of my dry gloves from some of the rusty metal on the Flamingo. At least the gloves are only $5 a pair. I just have to switch them out from the rings for the spare pair.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 7:08:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Buy a tube of AquaSeal and patch the glove.

It's handy to have and could save a dive.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 7:49:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Marie] [#39]
Got the Aquaseal last night. Going to work on the hole(s) tonight. I got the one that came with some sort of quick cure stuff. Will put it under a fan to help it dry quicker.

Got Chuck Taylors to replace my bulk dry suit rock boots so they would fit different fins. Yes, I'm diving splits with a drysuit. My knees just can't take the stiff paddle fins any longer. Purple to match the trim on my drysuit.

Link Posted: 5/6/2017 11:01:34 PM EDT
[#40]
New fins made all the difference today!  Much easier on and off. Easier to kick with. Most importantly, my knees do NOT hurt at all. I was also able to drop 4 lbs of lead today (2 x 2lb clip on weights I'd been using).
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 9:02:38 AM EDT
[#41]
New fins made all the difference today!  Much easier on and off. Easier to kick with. Most importantly, my knees do NOT hurt at all. I was also able to drop 4 lbs of lead today (2 x 2lb clip on weights I'd been using).
View Quote
Being comfortable in the water is number 1. If you can't get comfortable nothing will go well on a dive.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 9:10:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Being comfortable in the water is number 1. If you can't get comfortable nothing will go well on a dive.
View All Quotes
LDS owner tried to talk me out of the splits saying they're not ideal for drysuit diving, due to drag from the ds. Told him my knee issues overrode anything else. The splits had no issue propelling me, drysuit, AL80, and 31 lbs of weight through the water yesterday - without knees hurting.

I also got rid of the Hollis rock boots I'd been using and switched to Chuck Taylors. Replaced laces with some bungee cord. More comfortable and increased ankle flexibility.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 7:32:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Did a chamber dive today at the only chamber in the area that is open to taking divers and other emergencies. It's in a hospital that is a Level I trauma center. We were taken down to 130 ft. There were 12 of us. We had empty water bottles and balloons to demonstrate Boyle's Law. When we were descending it was very hot - around 100 degrees. As we were coming up, it cooled down and actually got foggy in the chamber (they can't totally dry out the air fed to the chamber). It was funny to see. We took brought our dive computers into the chamber with us, immersing them in water to activate them. It was neat watching my computer throughout the "dive."

I got very silly and giggly when narced. I had a very high pitched voice at depth due to the pressure change. Minnie Mouse on steroids! One diving family was there - dad (an instructor), mom, and their three teenaged sons, who were very funny to watch as they got narced.

The respiratory therapist in charge of the chamber did a very good 45 minute lecture beforehand. He has been at the hospital for about 30 years and has been doing these presentations and chamber dives since 1994, when they began at the request of the local Chicago dive community. He said more than 1000 divers have been through the chamber. They only see 2-3 cases of DCS a year. He talked about DCS, AGE, etc., from a medical perspective, which was an interesting difference from the way it was taught in OW classes.  However, one of my instructors is a nurse, so she had inserted some of the medical perspective in my OW course.

The dive profile is in my computer. The picture is from the video screens showing the inside of the chamber while our dive was taking place. It was almost like we were astronauts.

Link Posted: 5/14/2017 3:26:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Found out my LDS has a $75/year unlimited air fills for up to 3 tanks. Air fills are $7/for up to 100 cft regular price. Even with the gas running down there, I come out ahead. It's $40 for 5 fills at the quarry.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 9:24:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Did a chamber dive today at the only chamber in the area that is open to taking divers and other emergencies. It's in a hospital that is a Level I trauma center. We were taken down to 130 ft. There were 12 of us. We had empty water bottles and balloons to demonstrate Boyle's Law. When we were descending it was very hot - around 100 degrees. As we were coming up, it cooled down and actually got foggy in the chamber (they can't totally dry out the air fed to the chamber). It was funny to see. We took brought our dive computers into the chamber with us, immersing them in water to activate them. It was neat watching my computer throughout the "dive."

I got very silly and giggly when narced. I had a very high pitched voice at depth due to the pressure change. Minnie Mouse on steroids! One diving family was there - dad (an instructor), mom, and their three teenaged sons, who were very funny to watch as they got narced.

The respiratory therapist in charge of the chamber did a very good 45 minute lecture beforehand. He has been at the hospital for about 30 years and has been doing these presentations and chamber dives since 1994, when they began at the request of the local Chicago dive community. He said more than 1000 divers have been through the chamber. They only see 2-3 cases of DCS a year. He talked about DCS, AGE, etc., from a medical perspective, which was an interesting difference from the way it was taught in OW classes.  However, one of my instructors is a nurse, so she had inserted some of the medical perspective in my OW course.

The dive profile is in my computer. The picture is from the video screens showing the inside of the chamber while our dive was taking place. It was almost like we were astronauts.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/279183/IMG-3190-207837.png
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/279183/IMG-5781-207836.jpg
View Quote
That is really cool!  Thanks for sharing!
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 10:20:22 AM EDT
[#46]
If Marie doesn't mind my sharing in her thread, I just have to boast a small amount. Completed my Divemaster education portion this week. Had the final on Monday, got a 93. Pissed I missed the questions that I did. Oh well.

Had a bit of trouble with the equipment exchange. I value comfort over ease at times, and I wear my 3 mil in the pool. I don't want distractions, such as being cool after 4 hours in the pool. Tried to do it with weights in the BCD, but I just kept floating away. Threw on a weight belt, and got it just fine.

Going back to Blue Hole, NM, this weekend. Since my specialties don't start till next month, I'm going to knock out the Deep and Search and Recovery scenarios, as well as the mapping. Then, the only thing left will be interning some confined and open water dives, and I'll be sending in my paperwork next month.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 12:44:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Nice job, BD!

My nav class is this Sunday. 2 dives. This should be interesting, especially to see how my buoyancy is.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 1:09:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Birddog1911:
If Marie doesn't mind my sharing in her thread, I just have to boast a small amount. Completed my Divemaster education portion this week. Had the final on Monday, got a 93. Pissed I missed the questions that I did. Oh well.

Had a bit of trouble with the equipment exchange. I value comfort over ease at times, and I wear my 3 mil in the pool. I don't want distractions, such as being cool after 4 hours in the pool. Tried to do it with weights in the BCD, but I just kept floating away. Threw on a weight belt, and got it just fine.

Going back to Blue Hole, NM, this weekend. Since my specialties don't start till next month, I'm going to knock out the Deep and Search and Recovery scenarios, as well as the mapping. Then, the only thing left will be interning some confined and open water dives, and I'll be sending in my paperwork next month.
View Quote
You get aids when you become a DM
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 2:03:17 PM EDT
[#49]
You get aids when you become a DM
View Quote
I hope there's a cure!

If plans hold, I'll be starting IDC at the end of August.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 2:17:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Birddog1911:

I hope there's a cure!

If plans hold, I'll be starting IDC at the end of August.
View Quote
IDC cures it, but you get Ebola there.  

My biggest regret in diving is becoming a DM. I didn't (and don't) have IDC plans. I did it for the wrong reasons and it almost ruined diving for me. In the end, it benefited me, and made me a better diver, but I won't do the work.
Page / 51
Page General » SCUBA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top