Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » SCUBA
Posted: 4/18/2016 11:33:31 AM EDT
Anyone here been to Grenada ? Thinking about heading there for a weeks diving in Sept and
curious to see if anyone here has been there and what the diving and island is like..
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 9:11:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm headed there in July.  I'll post an AAR when I get back.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 10:18:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's my AAR for diving in Grenada.  As always, YMMV.

We went to Sandals for the week of July 4th.  The standard dive boat for the resort was out of service so they repurposed the glass bottom boat to be the dive boat.  That boat wasn't conducive to diving.

Anyway, the diving in Grenada, in my opinion, was ok.  Not good.  Not great.  Just ok.

The visibility was about 40-50 feet at each dive site.  The current was pretty strong a couple of days, as well.

I only saw a few interesting sea creatures.  A nice big ray, a decent sized sea horse and a bunch of cuttlefish were the most exciting things I saw.  The reefs look pretty healthy from what I could tell.  Only saw two lionfish on my 5 dives.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 10:37:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for your post on the diving in Grenada. Will be heading there in mid Sept and will post what I
thought about the diving when I return. Will be staying at True Blue Bay Resort and diving Nitrox.
Have a question, did you get to dive the Bianca C wreck ? Thanks again for the update..!!

Link Posted: 7/15/2016 8:51:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I was at sandals in May for my honeymoon.  I dove the Bianca c twice.  Other than being that deep it was a pretty boring dive.  The ship is in bad shape.  The shak em was my favorite wreck dive.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 9:01:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I did not get to dive the Bianca C.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:42:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Just returned from a weeks diving in Grenada, diving at best was ok, vis 35-60 ft (not as good as I had hoped) most dives and strong (unexpected)
currents especially earlier in week. Current seemed to relax later in week and vis improved some. Dove the Bianca C, Shakem and Veronica L wrecks
which were good dives with various amounts of sea life on wrecks, then mostly reefs. Plenty (to many) Lion Fish, Spotted eels, one big Moray
and Barracuda, also seahorse, crabs and a few lobsters. Other tropical fish and some very large sea turtles. All in all a good dive trip.
Dove with Aquanauts Grenada and would highly recommend them, a great bunch of dive masters who will go out of their way to help you
enjoy your dives..!! The question would I go back again," YES without hesitation..!!!!"

The Underwater Sculpture Park was a very interesting and enjoyable dive..
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 11:24:01 AM EDT
[#7]
I am headed to Grenada in the summer and am starting the online portion now for PADI. We are aiming to be certified prior to arriving so we don't feel as though we lose a day at the resort. I did 1 dive in Barbados and absolutely loved the experience. I have nothing to compare that dive to obviously so I'm hoping the average reviews are just due to you all having some amazing trips prior to this. Has anyone been to Barbados that could offer a comparison for me? 
Regardless, thanks for the reviews and am still looking forward to getting into another hobby.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 2:02:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't know a thing about Barbados, but welcome to another expensive hobby!
Page General » SCUBA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top