Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2017 8:13:26 PM EDT
Where do you order from?  Been using my local brick and mortar but he is getting rather expensive.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 9:48:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Thanks!  Just started using a new mod that requires these larger coils not to long ago.  What do you use/recommend?
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 10:16:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 12:40:07 PM EDT
[#4]
General consensus on the internet is for the TFV8, the x4 coils are the best for flavor. The T10 and T12s are good for clouds. The Q4's also have great flavor but are a little airy than the x4 coils.

I normally get mine from fasttech and wait a month for them. $10 ish shipped for authentic coils.

Keep in mind, smok has a reputation for shitty QC so expect 1/5 coils to abosolutely suck if they made them.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 7:07:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I just picked one of these tanks.

Question is, is came with three different coil setups. One is a rebuildable.

I like the one that has 4 holes with coils in them. .15 ohm.

Can anyone confirm what one i need to order to replace it?
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 8:45:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
General consensus on the internet is for the TFV8, the x4 coils are the best for flavor. The T10 and T12s are good for clouds. The Q4's also have great flavor but are a little airy than the x4 coils.

I normally get mine from fasttech and wait a month for them. $10 ish shipped for authentic coils.

Keep in mind, smok has a reputation for shitty QC so expect 1/5 coils to abosolutely suck if they made them.
View Quote
This.  The X4 is just an awesome coil for the V8.  Great flavor, temp, and clouds.

Totally spot on with the QC comment, and the number is about right, too...about 1 out of every 5 coils will have a problem.  Burning out quick, usually because only half the coils are firing, is typically what I see in the bad ones.  But the good coils can last me a month (using homebrew juice, which is WAY cleaner than retail juice), and that more than makes up for the duds....I chain vape, every other coil I've tried lasts a couple of days at most.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 11:27:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I just picked one of these tanks.

Question is, is came with three different coil setups. One is a rebuildable.

I like the one that has 4 holes with coils in them. .15 ohm.

Can anyone confirm what one i need to order to replace it?
View Quote
On the bottom of the engraved logo the name of the coil should be engraved as well. Also I think each coil has different patterns for juice wicking holes on the outside as well.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 12:19:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

On the bottom of the engraved logo the name of the coil should be engraved as well. Also I think each coil has different patterns for juice wicking holes on the outside as well.
View Quote
Great, thank you
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top