Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2017 4:01:02 PM EDT
A few years ago, I fell off the wagon and started smoking again.  I had been doing very well, but mistakenly thought I could "just a a few"..  

This week I decided to get back on the vape train. I dug out my old original eleaf iStick and original Nautilus tank from the bottom of my desk.  The Tank was all gummed up with dried e-liquid and I broke it trying to open it up to clean it.  

Went to the local vape store to get a replacement take, and man, have things changed!  Sub ohm....Mouth to lung.... direct lung..   RTA... RDA...   mods that go higher than 20W?   WTH were all these new terms!?  lol

Anyway, I got a new Nautilus X tank that would work with my orig iStick and some 12 mg nic juice for my "MTL"  and a innokin chroma with a sub-ohm tank with some 6 mg juice to give my hand at learning direct lung....  

I have to say, I am liking the sub-ohm, direct lung much better than my orig set up!   Flavor is great.   I actually think I might need to go to 3 mg juice...  direct lunging this 6 mg juice is giving me a headache  lol..  

I still have a couple of analogs with my morning coffee and evening bourbon, but strictly vaping the rest of the day.  I have had maybe 4 or 5 analogs this week.  Normally, I am 1-2 packs per day...  

Thinking of stopping back by the LVS to see if I can find a set up to "chuck some clouds"  lmao.....

Glad to see that this sub-forum is here!
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 4:16:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah 6mg is a little high for subohm for me as well.  I am around 2-3mg on my homemade juice.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 7:07:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!  I got some 3mg to try and see if that helps.  Maybe I should cut back on the bourbon lol
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 9:07:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been vaping since 2014 and it is getting better and better started with cigalikes then to egos then jumped into atomizers. I build my own coils and make my own juice and now its amazing. I know use kangertech top tank mini with the rba heads. I have an OBS engine coming soon to try out it's build deck looks nice and the whole it doesn't leak sounds great. I've been on 3mg even with my diy especially now that I generally sub ohm.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 12:39:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 9:35:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah 6mg is a little high for subohm for me as well.  I am around 2-3mg on my homemade juice.
View Quote
As a Pack+ a day smoker, 3mg didn't cut it in a sub-ohm tank...
I have 6mg that I boost with adding some 12mg to the tank...
Depends on the time of the day.... Maybe in a few weeks, 6mg will cut it..
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 9:37:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Stick with it!! I use 10mg with my sub-ohm tanks. I should start cutting back.
View Quote
Back before I fell off the wagon.....
Sometimes I would Drip 24mg on a .5 ohm Coil..... 
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 9:59:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the encouragement everyone!

I got some 3mg juice and it doesn't give me the neck ache like the 6mg.

I vape A LOT during the day to try and keep off the "analogs".  I am afraid to sabotage myself by going so low on the nic concentration so I am using some pretty high flavor juice.  I'll still have a couple of cigs in the morning and the evening, but so far have been able to go without during the day.  I can see myself being able to go totally without, but I want to take it slow as to not fall off the wagon.  As it is, I've gone from 1+ packs per day to about 6 cigs per day....

I picked up an extra mod and tank so I can use one while the other is charging.

Also, signed up for a juice subscription service (zamplebox) to get some variety in flavors.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 12:08:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Careful about zamplebox. They have a history of completely fucking over their customers.

Keep moving forward man! Get off the stinkies!
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:38:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I still have a couple with my morning joe.  But that's it. I still mix higher nic flavors than most, ~16mg in RTAs

Unless, I'm dripping and going for huge vapor, 3/6 nic would only put me in a crave mode which defeats the purpose.

Hang in there, stay at 12-16 for your recent habit, imo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top