Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2016 3:06:45 PM EDT
So, I've finally pulled the trigger (pun intended) and placed an order to get into making my own ejuices.  I found a few recipes that I wanted to try that were my speed.  Reading some of the posts, people recommending steeping the ejuice.  However, the processes are different.  I have read "shake vigorously for xx minutes", "just let it sit for a few days", "submerge the bottle in hot water", etc.  So, how do you do it?

I'm not gonna lie, I was in my garage the other night and thought, "I have two brass tumblers, I can seal up the bottles in some air-tight baggies and drop one in there for a few 20-30 minutes."  And no, I did not have a beer or 12 in me.

Link Posted: 10/26/2016 4:40:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 5:00:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I stick a couple 250ml bottles in my sonic cleaner with hot water and run it for 30 minutes or so. Then I let them sit for a few days with the caps open in a cool dark place.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:45:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I just shake it up real good and that's it. Fruit flavors don't usually need to be steeped. Any flavor with alcohol in it should be steeped. Some bakery flavors should also be steeped. I mix my juice so it tastes how I want right away so I never steep anymore. This usually means I have a higher percentage of flavoring but I don't make big batches (100ml every 2 weeks). Your best bet is just good ol trial and error to see what works for you.
View Quote

This.  I think it's actually detrimental to steep fruit flavors.  When they're fresh-made, they are complex and tasty, but after some steep time they just become a single, homogenous flavor.  Still tasty, but not nearly as interesting.

I've cut way back, down to 30ml/day, so my batch size is getting smaller too because I want to vape fresh juice.

Making blueberry poundcake tonight while I wait on my apple strudel ingredients to get here.  First real foray into pastry flavors.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 1:39:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Blueberry is my go-to fruit flavor.  Let me know how the blueberry poundcake recipe comes out.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 5:01:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 9:57:15 PM EDT
[#6]
As a former chemist, I have started using stir plates.  I usually make up 100ml at a time, throw a stir bar in a beaker, and let it mix 30-45 minutes.  I've shook bottles til my arm damn near fell off, so I'm partial to the stir plate method!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top