BCM
User Panel

Tacked Juice Recipes (Page 3 of 4)
Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 7:56:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NY_Shooter:

Woops.  Not sure why I thought it was you.    I did some digging and found that it was @lambshot23 .  Haven't seen him posting much in here lately, though.

What's the recipe for the apple crumb cake?  It sounds good.  I wanna try to duplicate an applie pie/vanilla ice cream juice I used to be hooked on from a now out of business juice vendor.
View Quote

Still here...just haven't posted much in the vape den. Took me all day to figure out the mention thing.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 9:11:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By lambshot23:

Still here...just haven't posted much in the vape den. Took me all day to figure out the mention thing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lambshot23:

Woops.  Not sure why I thought it was you.    I did some digging and found that it was @lambshot23 .  Haven't seen him posting much in here lately, though.

What's the recipe for the apple crumb cake?  It sounds good.  I wanna try to duplicate an applie pie/vanilla ice cream juice I used to be hooked on from a now out of business juice vendor.

Sup, stranger?
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 9:15:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By sywagon:

Even if you don't love it, I guarantee each of those flavors is worth having.
View Quote

Yeah, I'm learning that there are some staple flavors that are in a lot of recipes I like.  Most of my flavors are 30ml bottles.  Had to go with a 120ml bottle for vanilla custard, though.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 1:29:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Attachment Attached File

Whipped up a bottled of this tonight.  Pretty good.  I'm hooked on heavy custard/dessert flavors (diacetyl is fucking delicious ), but this is one that's a good, light, refreshing break from the heavy flavors.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 7:46:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By fattyfat:
two that I made last night that are showing promise:

strawberry limeade:
11% key lime TFA
5% strawberry TFA
View Quote

I made 30ml of this last night. Haven't tried it yet. For some reason, I want to add meringue to it....
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 10:04:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 1:21:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Found on Reddit by a guy named "moanthefash".  

All flavors are TFA:

Cheesecake (Graham Crust) - 3%
Strawberry (Ripe) - 9%
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream - 3%

If you sub Vanilla Bean Gelato in for the VBIC, it's diketone-free.  I made the VBIC version yesterday and am using it today.  Pretty good.  I'll try the VBG version some other time.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 2:06:29 PM EDT
[#8]

All flavors are TFA:

Strawberry (Ripe) - 9%

If you sub Vanilla Bean Gelato in for the VBIC, it's diketone-free.  I made the VBIC version yesterday and am using it today.  Pretty good.  I'll try the VBG version some other time.
View Quote

Will be making that this weekend, but this time, I won't be adding meringue to it like I did the previous recipe.....
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 1:18:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By xwarp:

Will be making that this weekend, but this time, I won't be adding meringue to it like I did the previous recipe.....
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By xwarp:

All flavors are TFA:

Strawberry (Ripe) - 9%

I feel like I need to tweak it.  It feels kinda "dry".  I don't know how to put it.  It's pretty good as is, but I feel like it could be better.  Despite the Strawberry being the highest percentage, I feel like it's kind of drowned out by the VBIC and  Cheesecake.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 2:52:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: xwarp] [#10]

I feel like I need to tweak it.  It feels kinda "dry".  I don't know how to put it.  It's pretty good as is, but I feel like it could be better.  Despite the Strawberry being the highest percentage, I feel like it's kind of drowned out by the VBIC and  Cheesecake.
View Quote

I like it so far, but then all I did was make it, shake it, and then fill a tank that previously had the strawberry/key lime recipe in it.

Maybe up the strawberry a little, or, maybe something other than the VBIC or the cheesecake?

I'm not good with being able to mix flavors, but maybe instead of VBIC, how about a drop or two of french vanilla?
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 3:34:59 PM EDT
[#11]
I think I'm gonna try just lowering the Cheesecake, upping the Strawberry a tad, and leave the VBIC as is.  I love me some VBIC.  It's one of the flavors that I had to get 120ml of, since it's in a lot of the juices I like.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 5:04:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 5:15:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Keith1980:

I go through VBIC like crazy.
View All Quotes
I think I'm gonna try just lowering the Cheesecake, upping the Strawberry a tad, and leave the VBIC as is.  I love me some VBIC.  It's one of the flavors that I had to get 120ml of, since it's in a lot of the juices I like.

I go through VBIC like crazy.

It's so good.  I got 120mls of that, TFA Vanilla Custard and Cap Vanilla Custard v1.  They're all delicious.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 9:04:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 5:25:09 PM EDT
[#15]

All flavors are TFA:

Strawberry (Ripe) - 9%

View Quote

Made this, it's ok. I seem to get vape tongue pretty quick so it kind of dried out on me after the second tank.

Made this because....

FW Cake Batter Dip 10%
TFA Marshmallow 3%

Have not tried it yet, but it smells pretty good.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 10:18:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:47:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Here's a banana-vanilla I came up with. It's a modified version of something else that did not seem to have the "lighter vanilla" I was looking for.

Thoughts?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 10:00:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 10:42:24 PM EDT
[#19]
I've done a couple new combinations lately...LorAnn Apple and Cinnamon Roll tastes just like apple-cinnamon Cheerios.  Just mixed up some strawberry watermelon, and when that steeps a couple of days I'm going to play with the Super Sour and other fruity additions.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:04:27 PM EDT
[#20]

I'm not a fan of banana anything so take this FWIW. I'd say make it in 2 small batches and let one steep for 2 weeks and try the other right after shaking the shit out of it. A lot of my mixes that I use VBIC in taste like mostly VBIC after steeping, but the other flavors come out if I use it right away. I haven't quite figured this out and it might just be my taste buds. And yes, I use new wick when trying both batches.
View Quote

Shake and vape is pretty good to me because I do like the banana flavors. The version that this recipe evolved from was good even after steeping although the VBIC did seem a little stronger than the banana.

This new one seems to have a more laffy taffy banana sway to it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:27:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TotalUnRecall] [#21]
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 2:17:28 AM EDT
[#22]

I need to get some passion fruit. My buddy had some he bought from a store this weekend and it's pretty tasty. Any recommendations?

ETA: He bought pre made liquid. I'm looking for recipes and the best flavor vendor just to clarify.
View Quote

There are certain flavors that come across too perfumy/floral for my tastes.  Pomegranate and passion fruit both fall in that category.  I like the flavors, but they just hit my palate all wrong, even used in moderation.

If you like them though...man, they're a great way to punch up the flavor in just about any recipe.  Take about any fruit recipe you like, and add like a drop or two, and you'll see a big difference, especially in the finish.

I don't mix with them for myself, but I have a friend that goes crazy for the pomegranate.  I just add a bit to my blueberry/peach and give it to him.  The passion fruit I got in a Capella sampler, and don't hardly ever consider.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 10:25:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 10:31:03 AM EDT
[#24]

I placed an order with Bull City since NY recommended them. I needed some other stuff plus their VG was cheaper than MFS. I added some passion fruit and a few other flavors, all Capella.
View Quote

Fattyfat pointed me to Amazon for VG, advice that I ignored for about a year, silly me.

Go to Amazon.  Buy the hippy-kosher-ultra-pure VG, pay like $24 for 2 gallons (I got mine when it was buy-1-get-1-free).

No vape supplier came even remotely close to Amazon prices when I was looking, but that's been awhile.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 10:52:43 AM EDT
[#25]
I've just been tacking on bottles of VG from wherever I happen to be ordering flavors, gear, etc, from.  But I need to look into a big bottle of it.  I've read really good things about Essential Depot VG.  People claim it's one of the "cleanest" tasting VGs out there, but my taste buds aren't very picky.  Looks to be about $26/gal on Amazon.  I know they run "cube" deals (4 gallons) for like $50 and free shipping, occasionally on their company website.

Do you have a direct link or name for the VG you use, Twelve?  I'm always ordering from Amazon and would try a bottle of it.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 11:19:03 AM EDT
[#26]
I've just been tacking on bottles of VG from wherever I happen to be ordering flavors, gear, etc, from.  But I need to look into a big bottle of it.  I've read really good things about Essential Depot VG.  People claim it's one of the "cleanest" tasting VGs out there, but my taste buds aren't very picky.  Looks to be about $26/gal on Amazon.  I know they run "cube" deals (4 gallons) for like $50 and free shipping, occasionally on their company website.

Do you have a direct link or name for the VG you use, Twelve?  I'm always ordering from Amazon and would try a bottle of it.
View Quote

Exactly the stuff you mentioned, from Essential Depot.  I don't think it that makes a huge difference once you add all your flavors and such, but comparing it side by side with another VG, you're gonna tell a difference.  It is definitely lighter and cleaner tasting than MFS VG.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 12:23:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Nice.  I'll have to just go ahead and get a gallon of it soon.  Instead of picking up small bottles from here and there like I've been doing.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 9:33:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Just ordered 1 gallon of VG from Essential Depot on Amazon for $24 shipped.  I didn't realize I was almost out until earlier when I made some juice.

Found this recipe and whipped some up.  I'm liking it a lot.  The original called for 5% Cheesecake Graham Crust, but I dropped it down to 2%, for my personal taste.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 9:37:07 PM EDT
[#29]
I've been using essential depot the entire time I've been DIYing.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 10:07:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TotalUnRecall] [#30]
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 10:25:56 PM EDT
[#31]
I guess I need to check out Essential Depot. That's a damn good price for a gallon of VG.

ETA: This is the one you guys have been ordering?
View Quote

Yep.  That's the one I just ordered. Same link.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 2:59:44 PM EDT
[#32]
I guess I need to check out Essential Depot. That's a damn good price for a gallon of VG.

ETA: This is the one you guys have been ordering?
View Quote

Bingo.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 8:34:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 8:50:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 9:37:56 PM EDT
[#35]
I don't have a lot of Capella flavors, but the fruits seem extra strong.  I have Cap Rasberry and you only need a fraction of a percentage to get a strong taste from it.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 9:47:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Half-Breed] [#36]
This is a clone of Bombie's Nana Cream.  I'm not a huge fan of banana flavors, but my GF is.  Made this for her the other day (max VG, despite the recipe).  Just tried it now, and I like it a lot.  It's a nice "light" change from the custard heavy juices I usually make.  The flavors blend well and don't overpower eachother, IMO.  It only sat for a couple days.

Attachment Attached File

(I've read that there is 2 versions of LA Banana Cream.  A colorless version and a yellow version with Yellow 5, which apparently is really bad in vaporized/inhaled form.  Just a heads up.  I use the colorless version.)
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 11:37:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Got my Bull City order in today. One of the flavors I got was called Harvest Berry (CAP). It smells fucking awesome. The passion fruit (CAP) smells good too but I can see how it would be overpowering. I think a percent or two with the harvest berry might be really good. Maybe I can get around to it this weekend. It's gonna be a 90-100hr work week for me.
View Quote

Passion fruit is perfumy...I'd go with drops over percentages, personally.  Even a little bit and you're going to taste it in the finish.  Same for pomegranate.  And from following comments, I haven't tried raspberry yet, but I can see it being that way too.

Harvest berry sounds delicious, let us know how bad the cough syrup effect is, though.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 6:14:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Friday night was my first attempt at mixing my own juice. I tried two, Strawberry custard and a small bottle of something I was going to call a' la Mode. The strawberry was good, but hot damn if the a' la Mode isn't delicious, better than any premium juice I've ever bought. Light, creamy and savory. I tried it yesterday, so I can't wait to make a bigger batch and let it steep for a week or two. I'm now calling it "Beginner's Luck". Pretty simple and I'm sure I'm not the first to try this combo.

Apple Pie - 3%
Bavarian Cream - 2%
Sweet Cream - 2%
VBIC - 5%

All TFA flavors.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 6:25:01 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Rincon_11:
Friday night was my first attempt at mixing my own juice. I tried two, Strawberry custard and a small bottle of something I was going to call a' la Mode. The strawberry was good, but hot damn if the a' la Mode isn't delicious, better than any premium juice I've ever bought. Light, creamy and savory. I tried it yesterday, so I can't wait to make a bigger batch and let it steep for a week or two. I'm now calling it "Beginner's Luck". Pretty simple and I'm sure I'm not the first to try this combo.

Apple Pie - 3%
Bavarian Cream - 2%
Sweet Cream - 2%
VBIC - 5%

All TFA flavors.
View Quote

That looks good.  I think I'm only missing the Apple Pie.  I'll have to pick some up on my next order, and try it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 10:36:46 AM EDT
[#40]

Apple Pie - 3%
Bavarian Cream - 2%
Sweet Cream - 2%
VBIC - 5%

All TFA flavors.
View Quote

I've been doing similar flavors recently.  If, by the end of the day, it tastes like ass and you want to chuck it in the garbage, restrain yourself and let it steep.  A flavor that heavy in the white flavors (as I like to describe them) is going to go through a couple of phases before it stabilizes.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 1:34:28 PM EDT
[#41]

That looks good.  I think I'm only missing the Apple Pie.  I'll have to pick some up on my next order, and try it.
View Quote

Please do and let me know how it turns out. I guess I'm a bit biased.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 1:36:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Twelvepack:

I've been doing similar flavors recently.  If, by the end of the day, it tastes like ass and you want to chuck it in the garbage, restrain yourself and let it steep.  A flavor that heavy in the white flavors (as I like to describe them) is going to go through a couple of phases before it stabilizes.
View Quote

That's the thing, it was very tasty only a few days in. I read that you're supposed to let desert flavors sit for a few weeks. Can't wait to try it after it steeps for a while.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 2:41:10 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

Will do.

I was looking through my flavors and I have FA Fuji Apple.  I'm not sure how it compares to TFA Apple.  I may use it as a substitute and see how it goes.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 2:55:28 PM EDT
[#44]

That's the thing, it was very tasty only a few days in. I read that you're supposed to let desert flavors sit for a few weeks. Can't wait to try it after it steeps for a while.
View Quote

Just depends...flavorings, environment, etc.  I generally like them right away, then I get vape tongue and they suck for awhile, then after a couple of weeks I try them and everything has mellowed into a nice flavor.  Honestly, I don't know if it's the steeping or just giving my taste buds a rest.  I just throw it all in the steeping category because it seems to work.  It's a general rule for me...there are no universally accepted rules about flavors, except that cherry is hard as fuck to work with.

I have to mix some tonight...I'm in more of a fruity mood, but I'm starting out with pistachio and toasted almond and whatever else, I definitely think it will be a steeper.  Then I'll mix up something fruity...those are almost always best fresh...and vape that while I wait out the experiment.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 3:00:13 PM EDT
[#45]

Will do.

I was looking through my flavors and I have FA Fuji Apple.  I'm not sure how it compares to TFA Apple.  I may use it as a substitute and see how it goes.
View Quote

Your Fuji Apple is not going to have any cinnamon at all, which I'm sure the Apple Pie does.  Apples and cream sort of demands some spice.  Any other flavors you can add in, graham cracker or something like that maybe?
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 3:16:18 PM EDT
[#46]

Your Fuji Apple is not going to have any cinnamon at all, which I'm sure the Apple Pie does.  Apples and cream sort of demands some spice.  Any other flavors you can add in, graham cracker or something like that maybe?
View All Quotes

Will do.

TFA Cheesecake Graham Crust, which I'm not a huge fan of, though.

I probably make like a 10-15ml batch of his recipe with FA Fuji swapped in at a lower percentage (comparing reviews, it seems FA Fuji is usually recommended at lower percentages) and see how it is.  If it's no bueno, I'll get some TFA Apple on my next order.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 7:52:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 7:56:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Yeah, I have to cut the percentage of Cheesecake Graham Crust by a lot if I use it in someone else's recipe.

Gonna get the TFA Apple on my next order.  I loved cinnamon juices when I was buying pre-made juice, but surprisingly have only made 1 myself that has any in it so far.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 8:06:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 1:09:03 AM EDT
[#50]
I'll tack some onto my order.  I have FLV Rich Cinnamon and Cap Cinnamon Danish Swirl right now.
Page / 4
Tacked Juice Recipes (Page 3 of 4)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top