Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 68
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 8:21:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I used an electric one I got at Home Depot,  it's just enough to get it done as long as you keep it firmly pressed to the seat pan.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 10:28:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 10:52:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 12:59:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I used an electric one I got at Home Depot,  it's just enough to get it done as long as you keep it firmly pressed to the seat pan.
View Quote
Cool. I didn't know they were a thing. I'll have to pick one up. Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 1:00:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Over the last year or so I've discovered low butt meat HURTS LIKE HELL!  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My wrists are good to go. I need to start lifting again and doing squats to get my butt meat back so longer rides don't hurt my ass, though. Lol. I'll also probably upgrade the seat to a Corbin or Seat Concepts, though. The CRF stock seat isn't very comfortable. Still waiting on my bike to get delivered and assembled. Hopefully this week.
Over the last year or so I've discovered low butt meat HURTS LIKE HELL!  
The struggle is real!
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 1:01:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What's all this butt meat talk? Someone firing up the smoker?
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 3:34:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Shit I'm 50 and laugh at the kids I ride with when they start whining about how sore they are 1/2 way through a day out.
View Quote
It's not so much the pain, it's just that riding when you can't feel and can barely use your hands is pretty fucking stupid.  The pain generally doesn't come until after the ride, when your hands stiffen into claws.

Using the clutch is the worst part...a mile in stop-and-go traffic to get out of town for a ride, and I might as well keep it parked, I ain't going nowhere.  I wear wristbands, and that has helped a lot, but that relief is starting to fade the longer I wear them.  I had been wearing them every waking hour for about a year or two now, but taking a break from them to see how things go.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 11:20:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It's not so much the pain, it's just that riding when you can't feel and can barely use your hands is pretty fucking stupid.  The pain generally doesn't come until after the ride, when your hands stiffen into claws.

Using the clutch is the worst part...a mile in stop-and-go traffic to get out of town for a ride, and I might as well keep it parked, I ain't going nowhere.  I wear wristbands, and that has helped a lot, but that relief is starting to fade the longer I wear them.  I had been wearing them every waking hour for about a year or two now, but taking a break from them to see how things go.
View Quote
Adige style slipper clutch ( true one finger on my WR ) or a Recluse ( no finger,  )

I feel ya on the stiffen into claws though,  I have shit knees,  my wife laughs at how I walk when I get home.  I look like the Bride of Frankenstein fucked the Hunchback of ND and had a love child.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 9:44:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Dumb question.  I am new to these large TFV4 type coils.  I picked up a T10 at the advice of my local B and M while I wait for ordered coils to arrive in the mail.  I never had a problem with any serious leaking before this coil but it is dumping full tanks through the air holes over the course of an hour or so just sitting there.  I took the take apart and reassembled making sure everything is tight and seated.  It just did it again.

Can a "bad" coil cause this?  Fuckin juice everywhere.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 10:36:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Double check the o-rings on the atomizer itself.   every time I've had a leaker it was an oring problem.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 11:28:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Double check the o-rings on the atomizer itself.   every time I've had a leaker it was an oring problem.
View Quote
I just figured it out.  I replaced every oring and seal on the tank one at a time with the spares that came with the mod.  Know which one it was?  It was the big white cover that has the slots to fill the tank with a dropper on the very top.  I have no idea why replacing that upper rubber "plate" stopped it from leaking through the air holes all the way at the bottom but it did.  The only thing I can figure is there is some sort of vacuum in there.

If that is a consumable item that went bad that fast I think i am going to look at a new/different tank.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 1:34:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I  The only thing I can figure is there is some sort of vacuum in there.
View Quote
That's exactly how they hold the juice in, vacuum.  There has to be a complete seal on the tank ( minus the wick/coil ) or it will just pour out as it flows through the atty.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 2:29:34 PM EDT
[#13]
My Smok baby alien died last night. I was vaping and it turned off. I thought the battery was just dead, but after having it on the charger for an hour and a half the screen is dim and the battery is still at 0%. I took it to a vape shop and one battery got it to turn on briefly but the guy tried like three and no others worked. Now it won't turn on. I guess I'm going to send it back for warranty. Should I buy another mod in the mean time? Maybe something a little larger.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 6:03:33 PM EDT
[#14]
So I've found out it might be until August for Smok to replace my Alien. I want to get another vape in the meantime. I looking at an Ijoy Captain and a Joyetech Cuboid tap. I'm leaning towards the captain because its cheaper and the Cuboid comes with a tank that I don't need. The only downside is its bigger.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 11:51:18 AM EDT
[#15]
There's a ton of reviews raving about the samoant Battlestar and charant mods. What's the budget and your needs/wants?
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 2:00:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
There's a ton of reviews raving about the samoant Battlestar and charant mods. What's the budget and your needs/wants?
View Quote
Two battery mod, I usually don't vape above 60 watts but I would like the option to go up to the 150 to 200 watt range. Originally I wanted to spend around 50 but since this will be my primary vape for a while I might spend a little more.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 7:23:59 PM EDT
[#17]
So I pulled the trigger on an Ijoy Captain today. So far so good, it's a new released mod so hopefully it will hold up for me. I can't find a way to lock it though. I've tried every button combination I can think of.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 3:31:31 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm seeing if I want to finally give up the pack(or 3) a weekend (and then smoke the rest I had left over throughout the week) habit.  I have quit for a few months at a time but I like smoking but since I'm getting old I just need to quit.   I had a vape cig thing (the tiny ones) way back when they first came out, but it sucked since you had to drip it every 5-10 tokes and recharge it constantly.  

After a friend came over with one I purchased a Smok Alien 220 (hell if I know who on earth would use that thing at 220watts, I'm running at like 40)  and a couple of Baby beast sub ohm tanks and it seems pretty good.  Hopefully I wont really miss smoking when I'm shooting or drinking now.

Can anyone give me a quick explanation about the differences in coils (like type a = cooler smoke, type b = allows temp control, more or less ohms does this effect, etc) I can use with a sub ohm tank it seems like there are so many options with these things compared to when they first came out.  Its mind boggling.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 8:07:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm seeing if I want to finally give up the pack(or 3) a weekend (and then smoke the rest I had left over throughout the week) habit.  I have quit for a few months at a time but I like smoking but since I'm getting old I just need to quit.   I had a vape cig thing (the tiny ones) way back when they first came out, but it sucked since you had to drip it every 5-10 tokes and recharge it constantly.  

After a friend came over with one I purchased a Smok Alien 220 (hell if I know who on earth would use that thing at 220watts, I'm running at like 40)  and a couple of Baby beast sub ohm tanks and it seems pretty good.  Hopefully I wont really miss smoking when I'm shooting or drinking now.

Can anyone give me a quick explanation about the differences in coils (like type a = cooler smoke, type b = allows temp control, more or less ohms does this effect, etc) I can use with a sub ohm tank it seems like there are so many options with these things compared to when they first came out.  Its mind boggling.
View Quote
Near the top of the previous page there is a good synopsis for the baby beast. You probably won't notice a lot of difference between coils. How many watts you are on will dictate the amount of vapor, how hot it is and the flavor. Less ohms is desirable because you will get more vapor and flavor with less power.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 12:56:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
All the coils for the baby beast are normal kanthal coils. This means that none of them can do temp control. The difference between them is the way the coils are built and the resistance. Each different coil has a different strength. Some coils are better at providing vapor and others are better at providing flavor. It's pretty much a matter of personal preference. Subohm coils tend to produce hotter vapor, more vapor, and more flavor.

Each coil also has a slightly different amount of airflow that can flow through it. The more airflow it allows, the more vapor and the cooler the vapor will be. However, the ones with less airflow tend to be a hotter vapor but tend to give off more flavor and less vapor.

Now, we can get into the coils themselves (clapton, alien, twisted, normal, micro, spaced, blah blah blah) but for now, try different coils and see what you like best.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 3:45:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
All the coils for the baby beast are normal kanthal coils. This means that none of them can do temp control. The difference between them is the way the coils are built and the resistance. Each different coil has a different strength. Some coils are better at providing vapor and others are better at providing flavor. It's pretty much a matter of personal preference. Subohm coils tend to produce hotter vapor, more vapor, and more flavor.

Each coil also has a slightly different amount of airflow that can flow through it. The more airflow it allows, the more vapor and the cooler the vapor will be. However, the ones with less airflow tend to be a hotter vapor but tend to give off more flavor and less vapor.

Now, we can get into the coils themselves (clapton, alien, twisted, normal, micro, spaced, blah blah blah) but for now, try different coils and see what you like best.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the reply.

So basically the gauge of the wire and total length of it (no of coils/etc), type of wick, shape of the coils, amount of airflow/venting, how the air is vented (top or bottom), all change the type of smoke/flavor..wow sounds simple...lol.  

Generally speaking do the more surface area of the coils like say maybe a 4 coil design vs a 1 coil that might give you more flavor/vapor at a lower wire temp(I'm guessing because a bunch of shit spread out heating up the juice I would think you would get more vapor with less total heat since the evaporating surface is larger)?  So if I used a 4 coil element vs a 1 coil all else being equal that might give me a smoother draw an less burnt/hot flavor?  When I compare the V8 coil vs the standard one that seems to be the case, the downside being the juice goes a lot faster.  So is there a rule of thumb like more coils = More vapor or higher resistance = ? or is it just too many variables to make a guess and just go by the reviews?
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 3:45:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Near the top of the previous page there is a good synopsis for the baby beast. You probably won't notice a lot of difference between coils. How many watts you are on will dictate the amount of vapor, how hot it is and the flavor. Less ohms is desirable because you will get more vapor and flavor with less power.
View Quote
Ok I'll check it out. Thanks
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 10:33:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Generally speaking do the more surface area of the coils like say maybe a 4 coil design vs a 1 coil that might give you more flavor/vapor at a lower wire temp(I'm guessing because a bunch of shit spread out heating up the juice I would think you would get more vapor with less total heat since the evaporating surface is larger)?  So if I used a 4 coil element vs a 1 coil all else being equal that might give me a smoother draw an less burnt/hot flavor?  When I compare the V8 coil vs the standard one that seems to be the case, the downside being the juice goes a lot faster.  So is there a rule of thumb like more coils = More vapor or higher resistance = ? or is it just too many variables to make a guess and just go by the reviews?
View Quote
In general:

More surface area = more juice being vaporized. More juice being vaporized = more vapor and flavor.

In theory a 4 coil element with the same amount of resistance should give more vapor and flavor than 1 coil of the same resistance.

More airflow means less burning (coil stays cooler), cooler vapor, and lessens flavor (flavor particles are diluted by air).
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 11:28:29 AM EDT
[#24]
This thing is too much fun. And I got a lot of looks today from elderly folks. I think maybe because they thought it was a regular dirtbike and were wondering why I was cruising around the streets with it.

Link Posted: 6/8/2017 11:43:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 7:29:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Looks fun!!!
View Quote
It is.

It's reignited the joy of cruising around for me, like when you first got your driver's license and cruise around aimlessly with your friends.

And it gets crazy gas mileage (70ish mpg stated, but people are getting closer to 90mpg with conservative riding), so burning up gas isn't an issue. Perks of it being a 250. Insurance is also dirt cheap because of that; $71/year, full coverage (I do have car and homeowner's insurance with them, so they give a bundle discount).

10/10.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 2:42:47 AM EDT
[#27]
awaiting judgement
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 3:24:55 PM EDT
[#28]
It's been a month or so since GD had a "I hate vaper's" thread.

Vapers

Link Posted: 7/14/2017 12:00:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
It's been a month or so since GD had a "I hate vaper's" thread.

Vapers

View Quote
Meh, GD can do their thing. I know I post a lot of stupid stuff there too. Somewhere in the next few weeks there will be a thread about how if a truck isn't a diesel it's worthless, a tranny thread, a thread that blows everyone's mind and makes GD implode, another thread about money, a divorce thread, marijuana thread, and god knows how many "what gun should I buy" threads coming up in a random order until the next vape hate thread comes along.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 10:47:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 12:00:25 PM EDT
[#31]
My alien mod comes in today!

Knowing my luck it'll be delivered a few minutes after I leave for work
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 1:56:24 PM EDT
[#32]

What's up y'all, just thought i'd run through and say hi.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 8:44:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 1:24:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

What's up y'all, just thought i'd run through and say hi.
View Quote
Mousey.  What's going dude?
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 2:27:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Been busy as hell...

Not gonna lie though.. the extra work has made for some nice rifle projects recently.

How have you all been?
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 8:58:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Been busy as hell...

Not gonna lie though.. the extra work has made for some nice rifle projects recently.

How have you all been?
View Quote
I've left the loofah life behind and upgraded to these:

Link Posted: 7/22/2017 1:50:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 1:52:09 PM EDT
[#38]
one does not simply leave the loofah life style.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 6:30:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Those cloths are like the Ferraris of body washing paraphernalia. I can never go back to the Toyota Camry that is the loofah.

RIP loofahs. You treated me well.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 8:32:11 PM EDT
[#40]
so you're saying loofahs are gateway body scrubbers?    next thing I know you'll be using lava soap, 40 grit belts, and in need of narcan
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 8:42:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Indeed, good sir. Indeed.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:10:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 6:23:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Got a link to these new Noveske Body Scrubbers?
View Quote
They're not on the site yet. I'm still doing product testing at the moment. Available soon. Coupon code "softballs" gets you 25% off.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 6:18:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 8:20:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 12:53:03 AM EDT
[#46]
I need a new set up. My last was an ipv mini, and an aspire cleito. I loved it.

Recommendations?
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 5:48:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I need a new set up. My last was an ipv mini, and an aspire cleito. I loved it.

Recommendations?
View Quote
Well, why not go with the same setup then?
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 9:11:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 1:30:16 AM EDT
[#49]
I'm still using my evic vtc mini and cleito at work. At home I use an alien and tfv8 tank
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 3:05:50 PM EDT
[#50]
My beloved IPV D3, my favorite mod in the 5 or so years of using these things, has met its end. It took a bad fall to hardwood floor and hasn't been right since. The battery door flew off and lost a magnet and now it only fires sometimes. Most times it just says "Short!" when you try to fire it. Sometimes "CHECK BATTERY". My tank doesn't have a short and my batteries are all fine (as proven by use of both on/in my VTC Mini). My VTC Mini still has auto-firing issues so it can't be my daily-use mod.

Couldn't find a black IPV D3 anywhere, so I decided to go with the Smok AL85, which is the smaller, single 18650 version of the Alien 220. Should be here tomorrow. Had to get the kit, even though I didn't want the tank it comes with, because I couldn't find just the mod at any of my preferred vendors.

I'll probably use the tank it comes just to try it out. It's the Baby Beast, and it seems most people like it. I still use my RDTA, as my main tank, though.
Page / 68
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top