Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 68
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 7:34:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone have experience with the TF V-8 tanks? Found one locally for cheap and was thinking about picking it up.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 7:47:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone have experience with the TF V-8 tanks? Found one locally for cheap and was thinking about picking it up.
View Quote
I bought a tfv8 tank and a smok cube II a while back.

I love it. I am running 8 coil 0.15ohm at 120w. Get about 2 weeks out of a coil. Air flow is better than my kangers and no leakage.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 11:37:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote
Outstanding tank.

The octo coil will pull some massive clouds, but meh flavor.

The quad coil will pull great clouds, and okay flavor.

But the X4 coil...the X4 is a flavor machine, and the one I'm using right now has lasted me over a month, using both retail and homebrew juice.

The X4 can be hard to find, it doesn't come with the tank, but it is totally worth seeking out.

I run it on an Alien, soft setting, 90w.  Batteries are dead right about the time I get home at the end of the day, dependable enough I don't carry spares.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:19:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Checked out the Smok gx350 today at the shop...what a piece of junk.    I was going to get one to leave on my desk, but it's the worst build quality...just unimaginably bad.  Pass.

Function-wise, my Alien is still awesome, but it's lost about half the paint, and I baby my stuff...no drops or anything.  So now I'm looking for a new 2-battery mod that looks nice, good form factor.  Checked out the Segelei Kaos today, too, but I'm not impressed by battery-draining lights, the whole thing looks too plastic-ee for me.  The build quality looked good, though.

Vaping on some homebrew Bavarian Cream & Peach...pretty tasty combo, it could probably use a 3rd flavor, and loads of ways to go with it, but I'm being lazy with the mixing for now.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 3:02:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Checked out the Smok gx350 today at the shop...what a piece of junk.    I was going to get one to leave on my desk, but it's the worst build quality...just unimaginably bad.  Pass.

Function-wise, my Alien is still awesome, but it's lost about half the paint, and I baby my stuff...no drops or anything.  So now I'm looking for a new 2-battery mod that looks nice, good form factor.  Checked out the Segelei Kaos today, too, but I'm not impressed by battery-draining lights, the whole thing looks too plastic-ee for me.  The build quality looked good, though.

Vaping on some homebrew Bavarian Cream & Peach...pretty tasty combo, it could probably use a 3rd flavor, and loads of ways to go with it, but I'm being lazy with the mixing for now.
View Quote
Very common problem, the finish on the first run of the black aliens was fubar, everyone I know that got one has the same issue. The silver ones were fine, and they seemed to fix it one the next run.

Also going to let everyone know, avoid the sense blazer 200 kit for now, they are having some very serious build quality problems, saw one tip over and pretty much kill itself the other day. Tank busted, outside of the coil stayed with the top, coil guts went flying and the base of the coil stayed in the base of the tank. The 510 on the mod busted also. It tipped over once and it was done. Contacted the distributor and apparently this is not the first call they have got about pretty much this exact issue, said to send it back. So, yeah don't buy that one for now
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:53:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
Check out the Wismec Predator.  It's pretty new, so I don't know about durability of the paint.  But it's very similar to the Alien.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:43:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Very common problem, the finish on the first run of the black aliens was fubar, everyone I know that got one has the same issue. The silver ones were fine, and they seemed to fix it one the next run.

Also going to let everyone know, avoid the sense blazer 200 kit for now, they are having some very serious build quality problems, saw one tip over and pretty much kill itself the other day. Tank busted, outside of the coil stayed with the top, coil guts went flying and the base of the coil stayed in the base of the tank. The 510 on the mod busted also. It tipped over once and it was done. Contacted the distributor and apparently this is not the first call they have got about pretty much this exact issue, said to send it back. So, yeah don't buy that one for now
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've dropped mine on Carpet once or twice.....  No problems, yet....
Maybe I got Lucky, or it just hasn't failed yet.   
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 3:35:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've dropped mine on Carpet once or twice.....  No problems, yet....
Maybe I got Lucky, or it just hasn't failed yet.   
View Quote
I'm not saying every one is bad, but after talking to the wholesaler and having them tell me that this isn't the first call they have had about this specific failure and to send it back (they almost never take care of anything) I figured it must be pretty common. Maybe it was just this batch they got or something but after that I thought I would warn you guys.
The mod tipped over on a counter, if it had broken the glass that would make sense but the glass didn't even break, the thing just fell apart.
Again, maybe this was just a bad run or something but it was not just this guys mod that did it, it was something they knew about and had seen before
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 12:35:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Just ordered a wismec predator. It's been like a year since I've bought a new mod. I'm stoked for it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 6:23:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Just ordered a wismec predator. It's been like a year since I've bought a new mod. I'm stoked for it.
View Quote
I've been wanting one of those, or an Alien.  But I'm not sure the fire bar will work for me.  I have a ghetto mod holder system in my car's cup holder that I've been using for years.

One day I had an empty 8oz water bottle in one of my cup holders and got the bright idea to let some air out of it and push my mod (IPV D3) down the side of it, so it's sandwiched between the bottle and cup holder wall.  Works amazing well for keeping my mod in place and upright (my tank will eventually leak if it's sideways or tilted long enough; RDTA).

I feel like a full length fire bar would get pressed in such a position.  But I'll probably still end up picking up a Predator.  They're only $39 at most places.  Hard to pass up.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 1:01:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I've been wanting one of those, or an Alien.  But I'm not sure the fire bar will work for me.  I have a ghetto mod holder system in my car's cup holder that I've been using for years.

One day I had an empty 8oz water bottle in one of my cup holders and got the bright idea to let some air out of it and push my mod (IPV D3) down the side of it, so it's sandwiched between the bottle and cup holder wall.  Works amazing well for keeping my mod in place and upright (my tank will eventually leak if it's sideways or tilted long enough; RDTA).

I feel like a full length fire bar would get pressed in such a position.  But I'll probably still end up picking up a Predator.  They're only $39 at most places.  Hard to pass up.
View Quote
I almost went with an alien but a coworker has it and his paint started chipping off after the first few weeks and it looked like garbage for a while until he sanded it all off. I went with the predator because the floating 510 pin has a crazy amount of movement. That and there's a high possibility for custom firmware in the future.

Will be posting a short review whenever I get it in and use it for a week or so.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 4:03:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I almost went with an alien but a coworker has it and his paint started chipping off after the first few weeks and it looked like garbage for a while until he sanded it all off. I went with the predator because the floating 510 pin has a crazy amount of movement. That and there's a high possibility for custom firmware in the future.

Will be posting a short review whenever I get it in and use it for a week or so.
View Quote
I've been bitching about the Alien's paint since I first got mine (I had some chipping off on Day 1 or so)...mine looks like garbage now, too, and I baby my gear...but functionally, it's still the best mod I've ever had.

lol, as I typed this, I picked up my mod and scraped my thumbnail across, and the paint is coming right off...incredibly bad paint.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 4:32:30 PM EDT
[#13]
I fucking love it so far. That's it for now. The Gf thinks it's hideous and calls it my deceptacon penis though.
The wattage adjustment button rattles a bit though if I shake the mod but I didn't notice it until I shook it and listened for rattles. Hopefully it doesn't drive me nuts.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 4:58:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 7:54:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 8:13:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 10:26:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 1:45:36 PM EDT
[#18]
The deceptacon penis had it's first fall yesterday. Dropped out of my vest pocket from about 8 feet onto bare wood. Tank shattered but not even a scratch on the mod. No idea where one of my batteries went though.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 12:23:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Update on my predator. The 510 is a piece of shit. Since that drop my 510 connection falls out regularly and I have to press it in daily in hopes of it staying connected.

Wismec strikes again with their 510.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 12:39:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Update on my predator. The 510 is a piece of shit. Since that drop my 510 connection falls out regularly and I have to press it in daily in hopes of it staying connected.

View Quote
I'm not sure how you're putting an 8 foot fall on Wismec.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 12:46:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 4:49:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
One of the big YouTubers (DJLSvapes or something) put out a video the other day said and showed that he had his entire 510 threading pop out of his Predator, and that he's hearing reports of it happening to others.

I don't know if it would do any good, but I'd shoot Wismec an email and see about a refund or store credit or something.  That's some bullshit and a fatal flaw in the design.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:38:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I work in a warehouse. I climbed on top of some boxes, leaned over and it fell out of my shirt pocket.

Quoted:
One of the big YouTubers (DJLSvapes or something) put out a video the other day said and showed that he had his entire 510 threading pop out of his Predator, and that he's hearing reports of it happening to others.

I don't know if it would do any good, but I'd shoot Wismec an email and see about a refund or store credit or something.  That's some bullshit and a fatal flaw in the design.
I am running into the exact same problem he is showing. Apparently the negative on the 510 is just press fit in.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 1:13:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Any motorcycle riders in here?

I took the MSF Basic Rider Course last week and got a waiver for my M license road test. Turned it in today at the DMV and am now fully licensed to operate a motorcycle on the road.

Ordered a 2017 Honda CRF250L today and should have it in a week or two. I really wanted the Yamaha WR250R, as it's regarded by basically everyone as the best 250 dual sport. But there's also a $2,000 price difference. For my intended uses (around town, and 40-50mph backroads), the Honda will be perfect.

Off the showroom floor:

Attachment Attached File

Then I want to supermoto it, like this:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 1:58:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I took the MSF Basic Rider Course last week and got a waiver for my M license road test. Turned it in today at the DMV and am now fully licensed to operate a motorcycle on the road.

Ordered a 2017 Honda CRF250L today and should have it in a week or two. I really wanted the Yamaha WR250R, as it's regarded by basically everyone as the best 250 dual sport. But there's also a $2,000 price difference. For my intended uses (around town, and 40-50mph backroads), the Honda will be perfect.

Off the showroom floor:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/144217/2017-honda-crf250l-review-specs-dual-sport-motorcycle-bike-crf250-crf-250l-5-209404.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/144217/hondacrf250lsm-2-209405.JPG
View Quote
I've got an 09 HD V-Rod sitting in the garage, gonna get rid of it 'cause I never ride it.  Carpal tunnel makes riding les than pleasant.

I heard they're discontinued, so not sure how that will affect the price.  < 7k miles on it, so maybe I just let it collect dust until my kids are in college.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 2:17:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Ah, yeah. That would suck. I know a few people with Carpal Tunnel and it sounds really bad in some cases.

I've always wanted a motorcycle and figure I better get one now before I'm too old to have real fun with it (I'm turning 34 next month ).
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 8:36:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 10:34:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Damn.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 2:09:46 AM EDT
[#29]
I share this sentiment - if I get something, it will be dirt only.  not street legal for my safety. 
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 2:43:47 AM EDT
[#30]
I had a quad for awhile, but there's just not many places to ride off road locally that don't require either A) Towing it somewhere, and I don't have a truck or trailer, or B) Risking it and just riding on the streets to get to some statelands.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 10:03:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Outstanding tank.

But the X4 coil...the X4 is a flavor machine, and the one I'm using right now has lasted me over a month, using both retail and homebrew juice.

The X4 can be hard to find, it doesn't come with the tank, but it is totally worth seeking out.

I run it on an Alien, soft setting, 90w.  Batteries are dead right about the time I get home at the end of the day, dependable enough I don't carry spares.
View Quote
I'm going to look into the X4 for my baby alien. I'm currently vaping on 60w, it says the best for the X4 is 80-120w but mine only goes to 85. Does anyone know how the X4 would do on the lower wattage range?

ETA: One guy said it might run the battery down fast on a 2 battery vape using higher wattage. Seeing as how mine has only one battery this might be a concern.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 9:13:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I'm going to look into the X4 for my baby alien. I'm currently vaping on 60w, it says the best for the X4 is 80-120w but mine only goes to 85. Does anyone know how the X4 would do on the lower wattage range?

ETA: One guy said it might run the battery down fast on a 2 battery vape using higher wattage. Seeing as how mine has only one battery this might be a concern.
View Quote
The X4 for the Baby is nothing like the X4 for the Beast (T8).  I sold my Baby, didn't suite me.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 1:57:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Well, this morning my predator completely failed. It had issues with the 510 popping out of the mod and this morning I tried to turn it on after popping in my batteries and it won't turn on anymore. Tried two other sets of batteries and tried plugging it into the computer. Nothing. It's completely bricked.

As a side note: I've been going back and forth with wismec customer service for over a month about the 510 and they're still giving me the runaround. First they ask for the serial number, then a picture of said serial number, then a video of the mod with its problems, then a picture of the security code (which is on the goddamn picture of the serial number), then a picture of the entire fucking box, and now they want a picture of the goddamn number on the inside of the battery cover. I just sent them pictures of the mod in every angle and took pictures of any markings on the mod.

I will never spend another dime with joyetech/wismec/eleaf ever again.

Side note: anyone got any recommendations for a dual battery mod that goes to at least 150w? I don't care about TC. The smaller the better. I've seen a lot of recommendations for the battlestar on reddit so I might go that route.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 2:58:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Outstanding tank.

@2apatriot

I have the Alien 85/Baby Beast, running a X4 coil right now....
I have it set at 43.2 watts & like the Vape @ that wattage....
A single Samsung 30Q lasts a day or so, depending on how much I hit it.......
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 3:01:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Wow..... 5 18650s & a select-able 1-2-3 coil tank....
For 5 Batteries, it doesn't look 'that' Big......  

Link Posted: 5/18/2017 5:06:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The X4 for the Baby is nothing like the X4 for the Beast (T8).  I sold my Baby, didn't suite me.
View Quote
I thought the tfv8 tank was the same for both?
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 5:50:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
@2apatriot

I have the Alien 85/Baby Beast, running a X4 coil right now....
I have it set at 43.2 watts & like the Vape @ that wattage....
A single Samsung 30Q lasts a day or so, depending on how much I hit it.......
View Quote
Awesome, thank you.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 6:01:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Cloud Beast & the Sense Blazer 200 Sub Ohm Tank share the same size Coils.....
The Big Baby Beast & the Baby Beast use the same Coils, which are smaller than the Cloud beast... 
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 6:17:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I will do my best to uphold the high standards laid out before me.
View Quote
What site do you think you are on?! Standards?! WHAT standards?! 
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 6:28:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 11:07:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 2:54:06 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
A backhoe won't cut it. We need a MOAB.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey, we have standards! You just need a backhoe to find them.
A backhoe won't cut it. We need a MOAB.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 12:07:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Off the showroom floor:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/144217/2017-honda-crf250l-review-specs-dual-sport-motorcycle-bike-crf250-crf-250l-5-209404.JPG

View Quote
Yes supermoto it.  They are so much fun.   the ultimate day adventure machine.

Here's my WR450 taken at about 7k feet somewhere between Lake Tahoe and French Meadows res in the Sierras.

After using a Jtec E-vic for a few years,  I finally broke down and got a new mod after seeing my buddies Alien.  I picked up the mini kit with the tank.   Pretty solid device,  I'm not sure I like the way the top fill pivots open,  I've had the band come off just taking it out of my pocket and I'm almost certain I'm going to end up with a pocket full of juice in my riding jacket before long.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 12:09:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Ah, yeah. That would suck. I know a few people with Carpal Tunnel and it sounds really bad in some cases.

I've always wanted a motorcycle and figure I better get one now before I'm too old to have real fun with it (I'm turning 34 next month ).
View Quote
Shit I'm 50 and laugh at the kids I ride with when they start whining about how sore they are 1/2 way through a day out.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 1:58:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Here's my WR450 taken at about 7k feet somewhere between Lake Tahoe and French Meadows res in the Sierras.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u197/Pinepig/IMG_20160903_124041_zpst3tiztrc.jpg

After using a Jtec E-vic for a few years,  I finally broke down and got a new mod after seeing my buddies Alien.  I picked up the mini kit with the tank.   Pretty solid device,  I'm not sure I like the way the top fill pivots open,  I've had the band come off just taking it out of my pocket and I'm almost certain I'm going to end up with a pocket full of juice in my riding jacket before long.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Off the showroom floor:

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u197/Pinepig/IMG_20160903_124041_zpst3tiztrc.jpg

Nice! I ran across a used WR450 that was plated here in NY. Shoulda jumped on it, as I later learned that it's a bitch to plate an "off road" bike in NY. NY apparently won't change the title from what the manufacturer designates the bike as. So people will have the title changed in another state (by selling, but not really selling, the bike to an out of state friend), then NY will accept the new status on the title from that state. Or something like that.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 2:01:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Shit I'm 50 and laugh at the kids I ride with when they start whining about how sore they are 1/2 way through a day out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My wrists are good to go. I need to start lifting again and doing squats to get my butt meat back so longer rides don't hurt my ass, though. Lol. I'll also probably upgrade the seat to a Corbin or Seat Concepts, though. The CRF stock seat isn't very comfortable. Still waiting on my bike to get delivered and assembled. Hopefully this week.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 2:32:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

My wrists are good to go. I need to start lifting again and doing squats to get my butt meat back so longer rides don't hurt my ass, though. Lol. I'll also probably upgrade the seat to a Corbin or Seat Concepts, though. The CRF stock seat isn't very comfortable. Still waiting on my bike to get delivered and assembled. Hopefully this week.
View Quote
Seat concepts is a good choice, had them on my last two bikes.   I just haven't gotten around to putting one on this one yet.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 2:56:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Seat concepts is a good choice, had them on my last two bikes.   I just haven't gotten around to putting one on this one yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you buy the whole seats, or just the kits? Just watched some videos on the kit install. Looks easy, but very tedious. The price for the whole seat is like $100 more, though. Hmmm. Do I want to be cheap or lazy, is the question.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 3:26:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Do you buy the whole seats, or just the kits? Just watched some videos on the kit install. Looks easy, but very tedious. The price for the whole seat is like $100 more, though. Hmmm. Do I want to be cheap or lazy, is the question.
View Quote
I've always just bought the kit,  takes about 20-30 minutes to do the whole thing,  it's easy as long as you have a serious staple gun.

Do it just like the vid shows,  start at the front and work your way back about 2 inches at a time on each side till you get to the back and meet in the middle.   If you have problems keeping control of the whole mess just pop a couple of staples toward the back no where near the edge.  They give you ton of extra material to work with.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 7:27:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I've always just bought the kit,  takes about 20-30 minutes to do the whole thing,  it's easy as long as you have a serious staple gun.

Do it just like the vid shows,  start at the front and work your way back about 2 inches at a time on each side till you get to the back and meet in the middle.   If you have problems keeping control of the whole mess just pop a couple of staples toward the back no where near the edge.  They give you ton of extra material to work with.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doesn't too bad. The video I watched, the guy used a manual staple gun. I'd have to pick up an air compressor, but I'm sure I could find some other uses for it to justify it.
Page / 68
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top