Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2014 8:49:57 PM EDT
No matter what i build. Its a dual coil setup. Everything gives me a weak cloud and makes me cough like a mother fucker.

I've got some 24 gauge kanthal coming in. Been using 28. Any suggestions?

I tried a parallel 4 wrap build around a 7/64th drill bit that's the closest to vapable I've had yet but I'd sooner go gay than ever Do a parallel wrap again.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 9:47:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Could it be a wicking issue? Too much juice around the coils will cause what you're describing.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 9:58:55 PM EDT
[#2]
What mix of juice are you using?
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 10:08:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Could it be a wicking issue? Too much juice around the coils will cause what you're describing.
View Quote

How Do i fix this? Just ensure not too much wick is touching the outside of the coil?

Any juice i try from 50/50 to 70vg/30pg 6mg to 18.

Link Posted: 7/2/2014 11:11:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 11:49:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Is the vape coming off too hot?

Burnt flavor or how do you describe it?

View Quote

Seems too hot maybe but it's a .5ohm setup and its mitt really putting out much vapor.  The same setup on my stillare and other 22mm attys absolutely hemorrhage vapor

Link Posted: 7/3/2014 1:57:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Pics of your build?

Both of my 28mm RDA's work like champs. Not any better than a 22mm but they do work.
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 10:54:20 AM EDT
[#7]
I've never gotten a build to suit me in my 28mm stillaire either. I've tried 5 different setups with different gauges of wire. I think I've about given up on the platform all together. I'll be selling my hades clone, batteries, 28mm kayfun and stillaire soon.
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 12:55:02 PM EDT
[#8]

The one coil is kind of fucked. Not how i originally had it wicked but honestly, I have no clue how to wick properly. I tried shifting them around a bit. It hits ok now. Decent vapor production. I get a lot of juice in my mouth though when i hit it. Almost like a film of e juice everywhere, Not like when you get when an atty spits juice.

It's usable now but I'm not impressed. Tempted to break it down and have a go with the 24 gauge wire...

Edit there is no middle ground though. It hits too cool at first but halfway through the second hit it gets too hot. I have a feeling I'm getting the juice in my mouth because of the cool hit. The coil takes too long to heat up but when it gets hot it's too hot.

Edit: pics of new build incoming

Link Posted: 7/3/2014 2:17:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Got my 24 gauge wire in. 5 wraps around a 7/64 drill bit. .22ohms. Still getting that oily film in my mouth but beyond that it's hitting great.

Edit though the juice I'm using is more VG than i usually order. I wonder if that is the reason for the film.

Link Posted: 7/3/2014 2:26:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Alright. I'll go with this exact setup when I get home tonight. Hope it makes me like mine.
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 3:21:07 PM EDT
[#11]
It's the fucking tip. Swapped it out with the tip from my stillare and no juice in my mouth.

Link Posted: 7/3/2014 4:36:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 4:39:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Is the new tip a wider bore or narrower bore than the one you were using?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's the fucking tip. Swapped it out with the tip from my stillare and no juice in my mouth.

Is the new tip a wider bore or narrower bore than the one you were using?

The one that works better is wider but quite a bit shorter. It also has a narrower opening right at the base. The one that was giving me too much juice is just a straight shot.

I wonder if the extra length was giving the vapor more time to condense?

Link Posted: 7/3/2014 5:34:48 PM EDT
[#14]
The one that came with my 28mm stillaire was monster big. Made me feel like some kind of homo. I swapped it for the tip off of a tobh.
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 6:24:33 PM EDT
[#15]
I just made a 24 gauge coil for my 22mm RDA.  It just seems anything you do with the 28mm you can do better in a 22mm.

Link Posted: 7/3/2014 7:02:37 PM EDT
[#16]
IMO where 28 mm RDA's shine is for quad setups. You've got room to spread the coil heat out a bit and really take advantage of the increased contact surface. My 28 mm Mega produces a real nice WARM vape, as opposed to the very HOT vape in any 22 mm with quads I've tried. Running duals, 22 is better sized for typical builds.
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 7:24:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I've never gotten a build to suit me in my 28mm stillaire either. I've tried 5 different setups with different gauges of wire. I think I've about given up on the platform all together. I'll be selling my hades clone, batteries, 28mm kayfun and stillaire soon.
View Quote

Dibs!

Serious.
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 9:31:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Dibs!

Serious.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dibs!

Serious.

Make me a cash or trade offer. I'm serious too.
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 5:04:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dibs!

Serious.

Seconds!!!

Wife unit keeps stealing mine..
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 5:58:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Seconds!!!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dibs!

Serious.

Seconds!!!

Anyone is welcome to PM me a cash or trade offer. I have the hades clone, one Sony 50 amp, the stillaire and the kayfun. All in barely used condition.  

Mouse, I know you have all kinda of stuff laying around.
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 5:40:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Anyone is welcome to PM me a cash or trade offer. I have the hades clone, one Sony 50 amp, the stillaire and the kayfun. All in barely used condition.  

Mouse, I know you have all kinda of stuff laying around.
View Quote

Pics of stuff not loading

Link Posted: 7/4/2014 5:58:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Pics of stuff not loading

View Quote

Here ya go......

Link Posted: 7/16/2014 8:02:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Could somebody with a 28mm Stillare post a pic of the bottom post?

Mucho thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 9:42:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Could somebody with a 28mm Stillare post a pic of the bottom post?

Mucho thanks in advance.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/16/2014 10:03:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Perfect. Thanks much. I think one of those is gonna go on the 26650 bottom feeder I just finished.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 12:55:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm there too. My brass monkee hits like a beast and has liked any setup I put in it. The hades/stillaire is a pita and heavy as hell!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top