Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 6:53:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 7:04:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Most reports I've read seem hit or miss.  "I can't tell the difference from v1" to "It literally tastes like vomit".

I guess I'll order a small bottle and sub it in some recipes and see how it compares.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 7:22:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:10:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Keith1980:
Let me know how you like it.
View Quote

Will do.  Probably gonna be awhile before I try it.  Got quite a few recipes I have lined up to try in the mean time.

I'm pissed that it took me this long to get into DIY juice.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 10:44:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 9:50:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Copy/paste from Reddit:

https://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/hot-deals-coupon-codes/coupons-discounts-promotions-codes.html 15% OFF ENTIRE STORE + FREE SHIPPING FOR ORDERS OVER $20 OFFER VALID UNTIL MIDNIGHT EASTERN 12/26/16 Coupon Code: ALLEVERYTHING
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 12:00:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Ugh...my nicotine has turned.  

I was advocating keeping it at room temp...it got more bite as it aged, so I could use less of it...but this latest batch of juice has just gone foul on me, and I'm confident it's the nicotine, the foulness has that peppery bite to it.

Think I'm going to try 200ml of 100mg nic in 50/50, and I'll keep it in the freezer, or the fridge at least.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 12:21:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got 60ml of my nic in the freezer in an amber glass bottle, and 60ml (well less, now) in a bottle of the same that I keep in a drawer at room temp.  No idea if I'll use the room temp stuff quick enough to keep it from turning darker, as it's 100mg/ml so I don't really use a lot in each batch.  I guess we'll see.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 12:35:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 10:46:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Any experience with cloudy juices?  Made a batch of banana strawberry custard for my GF, from a popular recipe online.  Once it was all mixed up, it's cloudy.  It has a 1 month recommended steep, so maybe it will clear up.  Just haven't run into this type of cloudiness before, DIY or from a vendor.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 12:20:03 AM EDT
[#11]
My recipes are all pretty cloudy due to the rich cinnamon and less so from various of the fruits & vanilla. It gunks up my billow build after a day or so but I think that is not the juice's fault. On a pre-made subohm coil it will run over a week with no off flavors. I've never bothered to try to heat it up or let it sit for a month - I only flavor 100ml at a time so it is done in a little over a week.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 4:19:33 AM EDT
[#12]
I have several flavorings that will cloud up a flavor.  And if you agitate any juice enough, it's going to cloud up, the VG suspends a lot of air...just let it sit awhile and it should clear up.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 8:39:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Cool. Thanks, guys.
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 9:53:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 5:11:07 PM EDT
[#15]
"In appreciation of our customers continued support the past year we are offering a coupon to discount selected items. The coupon offers 15% off all Flavors, PG, and VG, for volumes 500ml and below. Coupon valid 12/31/16 - 1/2/17 (EST)."

Wizard Labs.  Code: NEWYEAR17
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 12:03:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Having vaped every other drop of juice I had in the house, last night in desperation I decided to try the juice that I thought had been fucked up by bad nicotine....whoah.  It's pretty damned good, now.  The nicotine pepperiness is gone, and the flavor is rich and tasty.  Steeping FTW.

Added a bit of cappuccino to the current bottle, and I'm liking it, but not quite what I'm looking for...now I wish I hadn't added honey to the original, otherwise I could go with some fruit flavors.

So...next batch, probably to be mixed tonight, will be vanilla bean ice cream, cake batter, funnel cake, Bavarian cream, and toasted almond.  Then I'm going to let it steep for a couple of weeks, and then I think I'm going to add a bit of apricot to a bottle first.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 4:51:58 PM EDT
[#17]
I've been digging a simple mango cream mix lately.

4% TFA bavarian cream
4% CAP sweet mango.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 11:00:56 PM EDT
[#18]
I mix by volume and VG has always been a pain with syringes since it's so thick. I don't know why I didn't do this before but I took the plunger out of the back of my 30ml syringe, poured VG in just a little past my mark, put the plunger back in and flipped the syringe back over. Once the air bubbles went to the top I pushed the air out and then flipped it back over and put VG back into the bottle until it was at my mark. With no syringe it pushed into my bottle easy peasy. It saved a lot of time and hassle.
View Quote

I work out of 250ml short jars (PG, VG, and 50/50 mix).  I warm the straight VG and the mix in the microwave for 10-15 seconds.  It makes life much easier.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 12:25:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 10:51:43 AM EDT
[#20]
After months of mixing, I finally ordered my first bottle of PG.

Using PG based nic and PG based flavors, you don't really have to add any straight PG, unless you want a specific PG ratio.  All of the juices I've made have come out around 80+ PG, but I actually prefer 70PG.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 12:51:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By NY_Shooter:

Using PG based nic and PG based flavors, you don't really have to add any straight PG, unless you want a specific PG ratio.  All of the juices I've made have come out around 80+ PG, but I actually prefer 70PG.
View Quote

Did you try just cutting back on the VG a bit?
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 12:57:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Twelvepack:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

No, but I could try that.  I just tacked on a bottle of PG to an order that I was already putting in.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 1:18:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Half-Breed] [#23]
I was ordering some flavors for some recipes I found online and one calls for Flavorah Rich Cinnamon.  It's fucking $12.50 for 15ml.

Shit better be good.  Seems that every recipe that has it, uses only fractions of a percentage because it's so strong, so I guess it evens out.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 1:43:48 AM EDT
[#24]
I've got to get to doing this. Ks is getting ready to tax the fuchs outta juice.

My computer came from a vape shop that shut down and has ejuice me up on it...

I'd like to find a clone recipe of pony on acid... One of the shops here had what was supposed to be a clone of it called slimer on acid, but they closed and I got their computer... just no recipes.

We just bought 600 ml of juice last week from some place in florida. but it's not as good as my local source, we're down to 1.5nic and you don't find that online, it's either 0 or 3. Plus I like to run 70vg 30pg in my tfv8 tanks...

Glad I stumbled across this thread, because now I at least know where to source ingredients.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 10:22:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Hicksvilleshick:
I've got to get to doing this. Ks is getting ready to tax the fuchs outta juice.

My computer came from a vape shop that shut down and has ejuice me up on it...

I'd like to find a clone recipe of pony on acid... One of the shops here had what was supposed to be a clone of it called slimer on acid, but they closed and I got their computer... just no recipes.

We just bought 600 ml of juice last week from some place in florida. but it's not as good as my local source, we're down to 1.5nic and you don't find that online, it's either 0 or 3. Plus I like to run 70vg 30pg in my tfv8 tanks...

Glad I stumbled across this thread, because now I at least know where to source ingredients.
View Quote

Did some Googling, and I can't find any recipes that claim to be spot on.  Some say they are close, though.  Like this one, for example.

That's a shit ton of flavors, though.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 7:57:34 PM EDT
[#26]
I've always heard that VG tastes sweet, but I've never actually tasted it.  Got some on my hand while making juice tonight and decided to try it.  It tastes really good.

I think I'm gonna try some straight VG and nicotine sometime.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 8:41:11 PM EDT
[#27]
I've always heard that VG tastes sweet, but I've never actually tasted it.  Got some on my hand while making juice tonight and decided to try it.  It tastes really good.

View Quote

There is at least one person here that that's all they do...forget who it is, though.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 8:47:32 PM EDT
[#28]

There is at least one person here that that's all they do...forget who it is, though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Yeah, I remember hearing that.  I'm gonna try it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 10:34:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 2:46:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Punkface] [#30]

View Quote

Might have been me. I vaped unflavored VG with nicotine in it for almost a year before I started using flavors again. I still fill up a tank with unflavored about once a month or so.

Edit: also to echo it, VG isn't super sweet. You probably won't even taste it. It's just a hint of sweetness that is easy to miss if you aren't looking for it. Add a quarter of a sugar cube into a 20 oz bottle of water. It's that type of sweetness.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 7:03:33 PM EDT
[#31]
If it's got throat hit, I'm good.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 12:30:19 AM EDT
[#32]
I vape at 1.5-3 mg strength. What's throat hit?
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 7:10:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Punkface:
I vape at 1.5-3 mg strength. What's throat hit?
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/9/2017 2:52:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Anyone ever used tfa ripe banana before? Whenever I use it, my juice turns out super cloudy. Tastes great and there seems to be no difference but looks.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 7:33:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 11:58:14 AM EDT
[#36]
So I quickly whipped up a bottle of juice before I left my house last night. Sort of in a rush.  All was good and I was using the juice all last night and thinking "Wow, this batch is really smooth."

I get home this morning and am putting away my juice making supplies that I left out in my rush to leave last night. I notice my nicotine syringe isn't out. I look and it's in my box-o-juice stuff. Clean and dry. Unused since last time I made juice, about a week ago. I never put a single drop of nicotine in my bottle last night.

I guess I could start working my way down from 6mg, where I've been forever.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 10:01:41 PM EDT
[#37]
So I quickly whipped up a bottle of juice before I left my house last night. Sort of in a rush.  All was good and I was using the juice all last night and thinking "Wow, this batch is really smooth."

I get home this morning and am putting away my juice making supplies that I left out in my rush to leave last night. I notice my nicotine syringe isn't out. I look and it's in my box-o-juice stuff. Clean and dry. Unused since last time I made juice, about a week ago. I never put a single drop of nicotine in my bottle last night.

I guess I could start working my way down from 6mg, where I've been forever.
View Quote
Do eeet!

While I don't enjoy 0,  I've found it only takes a minute amount of nic to both take the edge off and give the vape that something that nicotine brings to it.  I'm probably well under 1mg lately, just put a smidge in a 400ml batch.

Also, came up with a super-tasty flavor...if I was making it for sale, it would definitely make the cut...sour watermelon pomegranate.  Super sour, lots of sweet watermelon, just a small amount of pomegranate, and some sweetener...it's fucking amazing.  I'd be more specific, but I don't measure anything anymore.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 2:05:02 PM EDT
[#38]
I'll probably cut down to 3mg for my next bottle and see how it goes.

I have to admit, as soon as I realized there was no nic in my tank, it immediately became unsatisfying. The mental part play a big role.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 2:16:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 5:32:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Twelvepack] [#40]
In all seriousness...I may have a good cherry recipe.

I have this flavor combo I've been tinkering with, watermelon/pomegranate.  Ran out of watermelon this last batch, so I made up the difference with sweet strawberry.  There's not a bit of cherry in it, but it tastes like cherry, with no cough syrup flavor.

It isn't perfect, but I'm going to try adding a minute amount of cherry, liked a drop at a time, and see if I can push it over the top to OMFGGCV! (OMFG good cheery vape!).

Oh, and super sour, a lot more than I used in the first batch...this stuff is amazing.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 6:56:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 10:30:44 PM EDT
[#42]

Whose super sour are you using?
View Quote
Got it from Wizards Labs, not sure of the brand, I'll see if I can dig up the order.  It's not sour like pucker-candy sour, it's a nice sour that really makes fruit flavors pop.  Just started using it a couple of batches ago, I'm a yuuuuge fan of it now.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 9:42:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TotalUnRecall] [#43]
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 12:35:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Twelvepack] [#44]

Yea let me know. I've been getting away from custards recently and back on the fruit kick.

ETA: I searched their site for "super sour" and this is all that popped up.

https://wizardlabs.us/super-sour-flavor-concentrate-by-wl-1oz?search=super%20sour
View Quote
Checked my order history, and yep, that's the stuff...it's not a powder like the image suggests, it's a clear liquid.

Been playing with the cherry flavors....and yeah, it's there.  Here's how crazy cherry flavorings are...2 drops per 30ml is great...3 drops is too much.

I've got a couple of different cherries I'm playing with, but the 2-drop rule is true for both...and I suppose that's testament to how much I like the flavor, because I just started this and I'm already on 30ml number 4.

Tomorrow I have a cherry/black cherry blend that I'm really looking forward to, because I think it's just going to nail it.

If I were to guess at the recipe at this point...and I'm in a hotel atm so I can't tell you brands, but I'll come back and edit when I can....

Base:
30ml sweet watermelon (Capella)
30ml sweet strawberry (Capella)
20ml sweetener (TFA)
10ml pomegranate
15ml super sour (Wizard Labs)
300ml VG

And then to every 30ml bottle of that, add 2 drops of cherry, no more.

ETA:  Added the ones I could figure out, just have to remember what brand the pomegranate is now.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 7:46:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Bull City now has pre-selected flavors for certain well-known recipes. Could be a good way for someone to get their feet with with DIY.

Community Recipe Packs
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 8:43:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TotalUnRecall] [#46]
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:49:05 PM EDT
[#47]
I ordered some pre-mixed unflavored pg/vg/nicotine and flavors to play around with. Is there a good percentage/ratio of flavoring to mix I should shoot for? For instance, if I want to make a simple strawberry banana, how do I know how much to use? I've been looking at recipes, and the flavors seem to make up around 20% total of the juice.

I also had the weird idea to try infusing PGA with something (like, lemon for instance), adding it to juice and letting the alcohol evaporate. Would that work?
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 7:49:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 7:52:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Wizard Labs is having a 30% off sale for TFA flavors.

Coupon Code: TFA30

Deal Ends 6/25/17, Midnight EST
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 7:57:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By 2apatriot:
I ordered some pre-mixed unflavored pg/vg/nicotine and flavors to play around with. Is there a good percentage/ratio of flavoring to mix I should shoot for? For instance, if I want to make a simple strawberry banana, how do I know how much to use? I've been looking at recipes, and the flavors seem to make up around 20% total of the juice.

I also had the weird idea to try infusing PGA with something (like, lemon for instance), adding it to juice and letting the alcohol evaporate. Would that work?
View Quote
There are "recomended percentages" for most flavors. Just try Googling "Recommended percentage for <insert your brand of flavor>", and go from there. Some flavors are extremely strong and only require a small amount to taste. Others need more.

I don't have any experience with premixed solutions.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top