Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 8:47:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 8:50:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Keith1980:

I have a Mango Custard that needs a name.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NY_Shooter:
Who has juices with no names?  Let me name them.  I promise to keep it classy and professional.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

I have a Mango Custard that needs a name.

I'm seeing orange tones.

I will go with "Snooki Tears".  And here is your bottle label:

You're welcome.

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 8:53:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 8:55:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I have no idea if this is a good price, but VJ says it is, so I will assume it's at least a decent price on nic juice: https://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/nicotine-base-flavorings/nicotine-solutions/unflavored-nicotine-smoke-juice-e-liquid-9399.html
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 8:56:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Try again. After seeing that pic I dunno if I can ever vape it again. That was funny though.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:12:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 12:54:16 AM EDT
[#7]

That's a really good price actually.
View All Quotes
I have no idea if this is a good price, but VJ says it is, so I will assume it's at least a decent price on nic juice: https://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/nicotine-base-flavorings/nicotine-solutions/unflavored-nicotine-smoke-juice-e-liquid-9399.html

That's a really good price actually.

I actually have that sitting in my cart right now.  Came here for some ideas on what else I should buy for my intro - off to do more research.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:14:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: victorgonzales] [#8]
so can someone give me a quick breakdown on average price for mix your own for 30ml? Im getting tired of paying 27 bucks for 30ml of five pawns which is my favorite juice. Figured Id try to make something else I like since I don't need a variety. Once I find one or two mixes I like i stick to em.   I understand you buy in large quantities. Just wondering what the savings will be per ml.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:17:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:54:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Holy shit . I guess that decision is a no brainer.  Im going to drill my juice chanels and bump up the wattage at that price.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 4:51:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:07:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fattyfat] [#12]
If MFS still has that deal for a liter of 100mg nic jump on it. It would be even cheaper. Plus if you get the bulk size flavors from TFA it makes it even cheaper. Those were just averages. I assume that if you bought more in bulk than I did then you could easily get under a buck per 30ml.
View Quote

It is in fact still on sale.  I got the 1 liter of 100mg/ml, 1 liter of VG and 1 Liter of PG from them.  I'm at $1.45 per 30ML right now using the 30ML bottles of TFA flavors (not including hardware, bottles, syringes or other non consumables).    The sale price of the nic base seems to be across the board(each liter is the same cost regardless of quantity).  However, there seems to be a price break on the VG, PG, and TFA flavors when ordering in bulk.  I'm certain I could find the right amount to come in under $1/30ML pretty easily.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:27:24 PM EDT
[#13]
If you mix together a couple of ml each of 2 different off the shelf juices, how long should you let them sit before trying it out?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:37:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By DVCAPI:
If you mix together a couple of ml each of 2 different off the shelf juices, how long should you let them sit before trying it out?
View Quote

I do this all the time and I never wait.  I always mix them in the tank so I have no way of comparing them to a bottle mixed and steeped for a week.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:52:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DVCAPI] [#15]

Originally Posted By fattyfat:
I do this all the time and I never wait.  I always mix them in the tank so I have no way of comparing them to a bottle mixed and steeped for a week.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fattyfat:

Originally Posted By DVCAPI:

I got one of those little needle point dipper bottles I had a couple of ml in & just added a different flavor.....  

ETA: OK that worked.....

12mg Juice box... Peach Breeze..... was to harsh in my Patriot RDA....

eye balled an equal amount of 6mg Vape Gravy...... Blueberry-Raspberry....

they complement each other & took the harshness out......

Link Posted: 11/2/2014 1:11:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Half-Breed] [#16]
Has anyone been able to recreate Suicide Bunny's 'Mothers Milk'?

I hear everyone raving about it, but Im not paying $22+shipping for a 30ml bottle.

Link Posted: 11/9/2014 2:04:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Tagging this one.

Since going from tank style setups to a mech mod, my juice costs have gone nuts.

Mostly a tobacco and mild flavor guy, not a big fan of fruity stuff.
Currently digging Eight Bells by Teleos. At $22 for 30 ml I am gonna bankrupt myself, getting more expensive then smoking was.

Link Posted: 11/11/2014 8:58:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 10:35:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Have a couple new ones to add:

Black-n-Blue
-----------------------------------
12% TFA Blueberry Wild
4% FA Blackberry
2% TFA Menthol

Hairy Dragon
------------------------------------
14% TFA Dragon Fruit
8% FA Coconut
3% TFA Cinnamon
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 11:51:23 AM EDT
[#20]
118ml of PG for $.88.

http://www.vaporbeast.com/propylene-glycol-4oz.html?acc=c4ca4238a0b923820dcc509a6f75849b

Coupon code YEAHBABY to bring the total down to $.88.

Only a day left on the sale, apparently.

Link Posted: 11/30/2014 11:18:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Has anyone been able to recreate Suicide Bunny's 'Mothers Milk'?

I hear everyone raving about it, but Im not paying $22+shipping for a 30ml bottle.

View Quote

reddit has a great DIY ejuice section and here is the mothers milk clone thread
Reddit Mothers milk thread
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 12:06:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: awptickes] [#22]
I like fruit flavors, and they're agreeable to everyone around me, so, where do I get the flavorants? I just picked up a bunch of VG and PG, and I've got 50/50 60mg nicotine base, but where do I get the flavor?
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 1:25:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By awptickes:
I like fruit flavors, and they're agreeable to everyone around me, so, where do I get the flavorants? I just picked up a bunch of VG and PG, and I've got 50/50 600mg nicotine base, but where do I get the flavor?
View Quote

Did I read that right? 600mg base? As in mg/ml? If so, that's a wow.

As for flavorings, I like The Flavor Apprentice (subset of The Perfumer's Apprentice.)

Wizard Labs sells them, or you can order direct from the TFA/TPA website. You can also pick up Lorann candy flavorings from WalMart, but those can be iffy for vaping.

Link Posted: 12/1/2014 3:29:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: awptickes] [#24]
Cool, thanks. And, yeah, I meant 60mg/ml base.

How much e-juice does one of those 4ml bottles from Perfumer's Apprentice make? I'm estimating 1ml max of flavoring per 10ml of juice, or did I slip a digit?
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 5:07:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By awptickes:
Cool, thanks. And, yeah, I meant 60mg/ml base.

How much e-juice does one of those 4ml bottles from Perfumer's Apprentice make? I'm estimating 1ml max of flavoring per 10ml of juice, or did I slip a digit?
View Quote

flavoring is usually 10-25% of your total juice so your math is pretty close.  1-2.5ML per 10ML of juice.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 12:14:24 AM EDT
[#26]
I am failing miserably at making my own liquids. I have about 15-20 different flavors from the flavor apprentice, and I have tried all sorts of
combos, and amounts including a few that I've read here that claim to be awesome. I steep, I don't steep. Tried everything. The last one I tried making
was the deadly sin clone. I made it exactly like the recipe said, and after steeping for a week it tasted chemicaly (if that's a word) kind of
like a rubbing alcohol like taste to it. (best I can describe it)

I have only been able to get one flavor to work, and that is key lime from the flavor apprentice. I love it, and have been vaping on it for about 4 months now
so I'm getting a little bored of it. I mix it at 18%, and use 100% VG. (other than the content of the PG in the flavor) I use 60mg. nicotine base in VG from
liquid barn, and the VG as well.

What am I doing wrong? could it be the nicotine base I'm using. (BTW I usually make my bottles 6mg.) Don't know but I can't afford to buy it from vendors anymore.
I go through a 30ml bottle in 5 days, so that gets a little too expensive too quick. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

ETA: when I make a batch of something it smells awesome, but the taste rarely matches.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 6:32:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:52:11 PM EDT
[#28]
i went to the local science supply shop to pick up some of the hardware

i think i will give this a try
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:00:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:12:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:13:22 PM EDT
[#31]
What brand flavors are those?
View Quote

Taste...its a company that is just getting into retail flavors....website isnt live yet
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 3:23:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Just in - TFA Hibiscus.

First impression (10%, no steep,) We have a winner, I think. Flavor is similar to TFA Pomegranate Delux, minus the berry notes that turned me off (I have found that I DO NOT like berry flavors.)

Light, crisp, slightly tart,  pleasantly fruity but not too sweet. Maybe like Jackfruit's non-tropical big sister, if that makes any sense.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 5:18:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Random ass question:

Does unflavored liquid with say 3mg of nicotine have any sort of odor or inherent taste to it?

Just curious.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 5:51:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Atomic_Ferret:
Random ass question:

Does unflavored liquid with say 3mg of nicotine have any sort of odor or inherent taste to it?

Just curious.
View Quote

Interesting question. Both PG and VG will be slightly sweet. Nicotine in and of itself has a sharp, almost peppery taste. I'm not sure how noticable it would be at 3mg, though.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 7:04:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Atomic_Ferret] [#35]
Originally Posted By proud2deviate:

Interesting question. Both PG and VG will be slightly sweet. Nicotine in and of itself has a sharp, almost peppery taste. I'm not sure how noticable it would be at 3mg, though.
View All Quotes
Random ass question:

Just curious.

Just kind of thinking out loud. If it is tolerable, something with a no/real light odor might be handy for situations where discretion is needed when using. Especially as more municipalities and employers are lumping vaping in with "tobacco use" and banning it.

While it isn't unpleasant, I can for sure tell when I walk into a room that people have been vaping in. My desk at home smells like a candy store at times, even when "da cloud" isn't present.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 11:27:42 PM EDT
[#36]

Just kind of thinking out loud. If it is tolerable, something with a no/real light odor might be handy for situations where discretion is needed when using. Especially as more municipalities and employers are lumping vaping in with "tobacco use" and banning it.

While it isn't unpleasant, I can for sure tell when I walk into a room that people have been vaping in. My desk at home smells like a candy store at times, even when "da cloud" isn't present.
View All Quotes
Random ass question:

Just curious.

I really can't imagine there would much, if any, odor to an unflavored juice/vapor. Also, I've noticed that even the taste of nicotine is barely discernible after a few drags; kind of like whatever receptor I have for it gets overloaded or something. In their bottles, bot VG and PG smell like pretty close to nothing. My nicotine base does have something of an odor, but it's hard to define; if pressed, I'd call it "plasticy", or it might be closer to paraffin wax. However, I'm not sure if that carries over to the vapor, particularly in low concentrations.

As an aside, this is part of the reason I prefer nic levels around 24mg. I can get my fix in two or three drags if need be; less expelled vapor, less smell
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 3:53:40 PM EDT
[#37]

I really can't imagine there would much, if any, odor to an unflavored juice/vapor. Also, I've noticed that even the taste of nicotine is barely discernible after a few drags; kind of like whatever receptor I have for it gets overloaded or something. In their bottles, bot VG and PG smell like pretty close to nothing. My nicotine base does have something of an odor, but it's hard to define; if pressed, I'd call it "plasticy", or it might be closer to paraffin wax. However, I'm not sure if that carries over to the vapor, particularly in low concentrations.

As an aside, this is part of the reason I prefer nic levels around 24mg. I can get my fix in two or three drags if need be; less expelled vapor, less smell
View All Quotes
Random ass question:

Just curious.

I am getting ready to place an order for a bunch of DIY stuff (from places in this thread). Will have to mix up some 50-50, put some nicotine in it and give it a rip (for science).

I am at 3mg. Given that I use mine like I am still smoking a pack and a half a day, I would probably kill myself at 24mg.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 2:25:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 8:03:21 PM EDT
[#39]
I hate you guys  My wallet is gonna hurt this weekend, but pretending to be a mad scientist will be awesome.  Any advice on some flavors to start with?  I like cream and custard flavors the most.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 10:17:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 12:32:37 AM EDT
[#41]
I will have to grab the Cap custard on another order.  I got the TFA though, and the Bavarian Cream.  Interested in doing some fruity cream and custard stuff.  I've still got quite a bit of On Cloud Custard to go through before I need a plainish one.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 8:26:56 PM EDT
[#42]
I just made my first bottle.  Its Supposed to be dreamsicle.  I am going off a recipe on ECF. We will see.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 6:33:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Well my dreamsicle turned out well and I made a couple versions and played with Koolada.  It isn't a flavor I could vape all day, but that's not because it tastes bad.  I am playing with a Blueberry/Blackberry custard that is promising, but it needs some fine tuning for sure.

I tried TFA's Frosted Donut in hopes that I could get something similar to Doughnut Pounder.  It has a really strange taste to me though.  I mixed it with some Bavarian Cream just to try it, and the donut is just...odd I guess.  Nothing like a donut.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 9:34:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 10:48:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Yeah that and Pineapple.  Luckily I saw something about the pineapple being really strong and started at 8%, but I think I am going to bump it up a bit.  The blackberry I had at like 5% and it overpowered the blueberry almost completely.  I made two more bottles with less blackberry, and one of them I switched the custard for bavarian cream.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 6:06:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hawkeye72] [#46]
Got a couple of questions

1 When gallons of pg ,vg and 500ml bottles of nicotine are  bought how are you storing? I was thinking of buying quart mason jars and putting them in freezer?  I plan on buying 120ml amber bottles but don't have the funds to buy 50+ of them right now.

2 What tfa vanilla is your favorite?  I really like Heather Heavenly Vapes vanilla dream would like to clone that?

Link Posted: 3/16/2015 7:36:10 AM EDT
[#47]

Originally Posted By Hawkeye72:

1 When gallons of pg ,vg and 500ml bottles of nicotine are  bought how are you storing? I was thinking of buying quart mason jars and putting them in freezer?  I plan on buying 120ml amber bottles but don't have the funds to buy 50+ of them right now.

2 What tfa vanilla is your favorite?  I really like Heather Heavenly Vapes vanilla dream would like to clone that?

View Quote
I didn't buy gallons, but I bought liters. The Nic I bought 100 mg/ml.  I bought a few 30ml glass bottles for it, and keep the rest in the large bottle in the fridge.  My Freedom Smokes has the caps you can puncture with a syringe so after you fill them you never have to take the lid off. I'm not an expert, but with nic at this level, the smaller the container the better.  

Link Posted: 3/16/2015 9:04:05 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 9:39:11 AM EDT
[#49]

This except I broke down the whole liter into 60 ml bottles at once. the reason being is that it is best to have as little air as possible while storing in the freezer so you don't get any condensation. Also I just got the regular tops that you unscrew.  When I mix juice I do it inside of a foil baking pan so any spills would be contained.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SexyPenguin:
Originally Posted By Hawkeye72:

I didn't buy gallons, but I bought liters. The Nic I bought 100 mg/ml.  I bought a few 30ml glass bottles for it, and keep the rest in the large bottle in the fridge.  My Freedom Smokes has the caps you can puncture with a syringe so after you fill them you never have to take the lid off. I'm not an expert, but with nic at this level, the smaller the container the better.    

This except I broke down the whole liter into 60 ml bottles at once. the reason being is that it is best to have as little air as possible while storing in the freezer so you don't get any condensation. Also I just got the regular tops that you unscrew.  When I mix juice I do it inside of a foil baking pan so any spills would be contained.

So pg/gv and nic all go in freezer? Do you guys put your flavorings in freezer too?
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 11:09:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top