Originally Posted By Keith1980:
Originally Posted By x300blkx:
Originally Posted By timpryor:
Can we get this stickied?

I second the sticky.

Ask and you shall receive.

Pushover...

I am a dictator "for the people".

You need one of these in your crane/office.

I have one on my desk..
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 8:46:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Keith voodoo doll?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 8:58:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm just going to start calling keith, darth tater.

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 9:26:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 1:57:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Yes!!!!! I need one!!!
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/11/2014 6:06:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Built my first KFL just now, it's the svoe mesto labelled one from focal. Not too bad of a build, even given the tiny friggin build deck. Using it on my new Chi You clone. Pretty happy so far.

Built an 8/7 coil with 28ga on a 5/64" drill bit. Comes out at 1.21 ohms.

What's the best way to fill?  Bottom fill screw?  Kind of a pain, especially given there's no way to know how much juice is in there. Is there a way to top fill?  I do have clear tank sections for it, but I'm not 100% sure that the orange krush I'm vaping isn't a tank cracker even though my Taifun is holding up to it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 6:31:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Keymaster4225:
Built my first KFL just now, it's the svoe mesto labelled one from focal. Not too bad of a build, even given the tiny friggin build deck. Using it on my new Chi You clone. Pretty happy so far.

What's the best way to fill?  Bottom fill screw?  Kind of a pain, especially given there's no way to know how much juice is in there. Is there a way to top fill?  I do have clear tank sections for it, but I'm not 100% sure that the orange krush I'm vaping isn't a tank cracker even though my Taifun is holding up to it.
View Quote

Youtube kayfun filling and you'll see how to top fill. I'm a wuss and have never tried it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 6:46:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 7:23:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By lcoates33:

Youtube kayfun filling and you'll see how to top fill. I'm a wuss and have never tried it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Keymaster4225:

Was reading about it on ECF. Doesn't seem too complicated. Will try it later and report.

Picture of the KFL on my new Chi You clone.

Link Posted: 4/11/2014 11:39:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Just did a top fill before we go to bed. All was well until I unscrewed the top cap and the chimney cap came with it.... Oops. Got it filled and back together, had some decent leaking through the airhole, but I suspect most of that was what leaked into the chamber. Couple minutes of chain vaping and it all burned off. All is well now.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 11:44:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 2:47:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: victorvito] [#14]
So my Russian has been giving me weird issues lately. Poor wicking once I switched to 50/50(will soon be switching back to 65pg) and my resistance keeps going up. Start out at 1.7 and after a tank it is at 2.2. If I dryburn the coil when cleaning it up, it goes back down. Just wrapped it and everything is tight as hell and nothing is touching where it shouldn't be. Suggestions?
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 2:57:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By victorvito:
So my Russian has been giving me weird issues lately. Poor wicking once I switched to 50/50(will soon be switching back to 65pg) and my resistance keeps going up. Start out at 1.7 and after a tank it is at 2.2. If I dryburn the coil when cleaning it up, it goes back down. Just wrapped it and everything is tight as hell and nothing is touching where it shouldn't be. Suggestions?
View Quote

What Juice are you using? Sounds like it's gunking up your coil.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 3:10:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By NoEffects6:

View All Quotes

MBV. And is pretty dark. Didn't realize it would have that much effect on it. I just cleaned the coil and my rag is almost black in spots from the shit I've wiped off of it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 3:12:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 3:34:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: victorvito] [#18]

What flavor?
View All Quotes

MBV. And is pretty dark. Didn't realize it would have that much effect on it. I just cleaned the coil and my rag is almost black in spots from the shit I've wiped off of it.

What flavor?

Mix of Carmel Coffee, Butterscotch, Graham Cracker with a spritz of French Vanilla.

The thing of it is that I've had these before and never had the issue.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 3:40:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TotalUnRecall] [#19]
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 9:02:16 AM EDT
[#20]

Even though you've never had problems the only thing I can say without seeing your setup firsthand is those are some gunky ass juices.
View All Quotes

Mix of Carmel Coffee, Butterscotch, Graham Cracker with a spritz of French Vanilla.

Even though you've never had problems the only thing I can say without seeing your setup firsthand is those are some gunky ass juices.

Could be too much wick as well. Causing the coil to actually burn the juice instead of vaporizing it.

I just did exactly that on my protank 2 last night.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 10:14:54 AM EDT
[#21]

Could be too much wick as well. Causing the coil to actually burn the juice instead of vaporizing it.

View All Quotes

I thought the same thing too so I actually tried I wick it very lightly with no change. Oh well, guess it's tr juice.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 1:52:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Just got done rebuilding my KFL. First I tried 8 wraps of 24 ga around a #1 phillips mini screwdriver wicked with cotton. Sumbitch burned right through the cotton, and took about 5 minutes to heat up. She was sitting right at .75 ohms. Trashed that coil and did 8 wraps of 26 ga on a 2.0 mm flathead, and she is at .99 ohms and again wicked with cotton. Tons of vapor, and it hits extremely smooth. The flavor is unreal.

I liked it so much I jumped on Fasttech and ordered another one, and the antique bronze Chi You clone, and a couple more rda's and another tank and some tips........etc......etc......
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 2:02:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Caeb75:
Just got done rebuilding my KFL. First I tried 8 wraps of 24 ga around a #1 phillips mini screwdriver wicked with cotton. Sumbitch burned right through the cotton, and took about 5 minutes to heat up. She was sitting right at .75 ohms. Trashed that coil and did 8 wraps of 26 ga on a 2.0 mm flathead, and she is at .99 ohms and again wicked with cotton. Tons of vapor, and it hits extremely smooth. The flavor is unreal.

I liked it so much I jumped on Fasttech and ordered another one, and the antique bronze Chi You clone, and a couple more rda's and another tank and some tips........etc......etc......
View Quote

Yup..

You're diseased.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 2:27:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Shit.....you should see my reloading benches....

The only difference is that Momma doesnt care how much I spend on this as long as it keeps me off analogs....
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 2:27:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TotalUnRecall] [#25]
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 9:52:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Shit.....you should see my reloading benches....

The only difference is that Momma doesnt care how much I spend on this as long as it keeps me off analogs....
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 9:53:03 AM EDT
[#27]

We all know BRD…what can we say for a vaping disease?

ETA: WTMS? (Want to much shit?)
View All Quotes

Yup..

You're diseased.

I like it!

Or maybe PVD (personal vaporizer disease)?
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:59:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:03:17 AM EDT
[#29]

PVD is better!! Let's go with that.
View All Quotes

Yup..

You're diseased.

I like it!

Or maybe PVD (personal vaporizer disease)?

PVD is better!! Let's go with that.

Now i need to make one of those support ribbons to add to my avatar..  Maybe make it out of ekowool.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:09:17 AM EDT
[#30]
PVD sounds like something you would catch in a Bangkok whore house...
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 4:15:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Who has the cheapest/fastest shipping center section replacement? Dropped mine and it cracked the threads off of 1 side. Using the metal section for now but prefer the clear.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 4:28:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 4:34:44 PM EDT
[#33]

You want just the small one or would you rather have an entire clear tank like this?

<a href="http://s15.photobucket.com/user/dragtillidie/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20140405_184606_zps7a59ad04.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a378/dragtillidie/Mobile%20Uploads/20140405_184606_zps7a59ad04.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Who has the cheapest/fastest shipping center section replacement? Dropped mine and it cracked the threads off of 1 side. Using the metal section for now but prefer the clear.

You want just the small one or would you rather have an entire clear tank like this?

<a href="http://s15.photobucket.com/user/dragtillidie/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20140405_184606_zps7a59ad04.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a378/dragtillidie/Mobile%20Uploads/20140405_184606_zps7a59ad04.jpg</a>

Caption:  "Does this tank make my chimney look fat?"

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 4:57:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 6:38:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Keith, can you post a close up pic of the EHPro air inlet you modified? I got my KFL+ running perfectly. Need to get the whistle taken care of.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 7:34:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 9:05:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Niiiicccccccee!!!!!!! 3/32 bit?
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 9:11:21 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

You want a blue one?

I haz and don't need.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 9:25:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 9:30:40 PM EDT
[#40]

You want a blue one?

I haz and don't need.
View All Quotes

You want a blue one?

I haz and don't need.

Sure! IM inbound when I get back to my computer!
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 1:03:38 PM EDT
[#41]
What Guages /sizes of Kanthal do you keep?

I have not started rebuilding tank coils yet. All I have is 28 right now. Should I get some others.

Do you ever use silica wick? I have not tried it yet and have stuck with cotton.

The wire in the Nautilus coil i took apart is much smaller than what I have.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 1:06:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By WVNed:

I have not started rebuilding tank coils yet. All I have is 28 right now. Should I get some others.

Do you ever use silica wick? I have not tried it yet and have stuck with cotton.

View Quote

I use 28g wire with cotton. Can't get much better than that. 10 wraps puts it at about 1.4-1.7 depending on the size of bit you use.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 1:30:47 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

Some 30ga is useful when trying to do dual or more coils. The smaller wire has higher resistance, so you won't need as many wraps.

I've not had the best luck with silica.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 6:51:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WVNed] [#44]
Is PVD terminal?

The melted kayfun lives. New insulators came in the mail today.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 6:53:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 9:04:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Its on the slow boat from China.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 10:05:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Its on the slow boat from China.
View Quote

So are mine...
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:01:54 PM EDT
[#48]
great thread. I think the Kayfun is the best setup and I have tried a few. Once it's set up you can use it all day with no trouble. great vapor and taste. I'm using a Provari with mine and it's perfect for me.
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 9:01:51 PM EDT
[#49]
So issues, I have them. I am not new to kayfuns,  I have a Russian 91, an original 3.1 and 3 3.1 clones.

Got my 1st lite+ couple weeks ago. It's a hcigar clone with the massive juice channels. This one

" />

Rocked it out right away with 1.5ohm micro with cotton,  same build as in the other kayfuns,  worked great till I did a rebuild.  

Now I can't seem to not leak out the air hole. I have tried different wick styles, coils, more cotton, less cotton, taking the o rings out, leaving them in, building it like an aqua, pretty much everything.  

No worky me mad. Tips?
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 11:04:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By gophere:
So issues, I have them. I am not new to kayfuns,  I have a Russian 91, an original 3.1 and 3 3.1 clones.

Got my 1st lite+ couple weeks ago. It's a hcigar clone with the massive juice channels. This one

http:// <a href=http://i797.photobucket.com/albums/yy259/gophere/2014-05-05%2018.44.21.jpg</a>" />

Rocked it out right away with 1.5ohm micro with cotton,  same build as in the other kayfuns,  worked great till I did a rebuild.  

Now I can't seem to not leak out the air hole. I have tried different wick styles, coils, more cotton, less cotton, taking the o rings out, leaving them in, building it like an aqua, pretty much everything.  

No worky me mad. Tips?
View Quote

Silly question.. How did you fill it.. top fill?
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top