Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 11:01:15 AM EDT
[#1]
After reading all 4 pages on this I ordered one from luxor. I thought moving to e-cigs was going to save me money!!!!
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 12:45:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been using a pin head vise for doing my microcoil wraps. Combined with a pair of reading glasses and a clamp-on magnifier, I get perfect coils every time without having to screw around with cooking the wire and squeezing it to get it tight. I still anneal the wire prior to wrapping though, I just don't have to correct any poorly done wraps.

Since most people already have and use a 5/64th bit when wrapping, it's accommodating and really inexpensive as an assist.

Link Posted: 2/5/2014 10:28:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I am wrapping mine on the shafts of micro screwdrivers. I changed my 2 ohm coil for a 1.6 today. It seems a little harsher and I turned the wattage down.
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 10:45:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By WVNed:

I am wrapping mine on the shafts of micro screwdrivers. I changed my 2 ohm coil for a 1.6 today. It seems a little harsher and I turned the wattage down.
View Quote
I did the same thing,    10 turns on the tiny screw driver they included with the kit,   1.6 ohm.   On a mech straight voltage seems to work pretty damn good.   It's nice to be away from the VV/VW stuff and have the hit I want.

Link Posted: 2/6/2014 9:40:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I recieved the EhPro  Kayfun lite clone tonight and had the coil built and was vaping in 10 minutes. I didnt pay attention and picked up a propane torch though. Nice vapor production and a little more warmth and flavor to the vape. Using it on Magneto with a kicked18500.
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 12:15:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I jumped on the bandwagon as well.  I got the Ehpro clone with the two plastic tanks on the bay for a pretty good price.  Hopefully it works out.  I'm really starting to build up a collection of vaping gear.
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 8:03:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Ordered an EHpro Kayfun last night for $29.99 off flea bay. Now I will have all three clones.
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 6:20:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I received mine today, built my first coil and it is vaping great but its leaking out the side. Also the rubber o-ring that kisses the top of the chimney was cut in half and doesn't fit well right out the box.

Link Posted: 2/8/2014 6:35:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By lambshot23:
I received mine today, built my first coil and it is vaping great but its leaking out the side. Also the rubber o-ring that kisses the top of the chimney was cut in half and doesn't fit well right out the box.

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg113/elamb23/20140208_181338_zpsnosowegl.jpg
View Quote

That o-ring at the top of the chimney is key, you may be leaking from there.

There is no room for error with this design, make sure all the sections are screwed in all the way.
Link Posted: 2/11/2014 5:16:21 PM EDT
[#10]
I got my EHpro clone today, and wrapped my first coil.  Ended up with 1.5 ohms.  I'm using 1.8 nicotine and holy hell!  The flavor is great, but i'm not getting insane clouds.  Might be due to the 80/20 blend juice.  This kayfun clone is awesome so far!  Thanks for the tutorial.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 1:05:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Rivnut:
I got my EHpro clone today, and wrapped my first coil.  Ended up with 1.5 ohms.  I'm using 1.8 nicotine and holy hell!  The flavor is great, but i'm not getting insane clouds.  Might be due to the 80/20 blend juice.  This kayfun clone is awesome so far!  Thanks for the tutorial.
View Quote

thats because the kayfuns were designed for flavor, not vapor production. you can drill them out if you want more vapor but i wouldnt unless you are unhappy with the draw.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 7:40:55 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm not sure who makes this, or what differences the 3.1 has compared to the others, but I just saw this on VaporJoes:  http://vaporjoe.blogspot.com/2014/02/replica-blowout-kayfun-31-w-airflow.html
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 10:11:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By mylt1:

thats because the kayfuns were designed for flavor, not vapor production. you can drill them out if you want more vapor but i wouldnt unless you are unhappy with the draw.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mylt1:
Originally Posted By Rivnut:

And "flavor" they do produce.
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 2:11:21 AM EDT
[#14]
so I built my first two coils today since I bought a 3.1 yesterday and some cotton and wire.

Built a 1.8 coil for the kayfun and a 1.8 coil for my protank.  Both hit like a fucking boss.  Kindof disappointing I spent the money on the kayfun now that my protank is hitting so badass.  Cotton ftw.  straight mechanical mod ftw.
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 4:24:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By victorgonzales:
so I built my first two coils today since I bought a 3.1 yesterday and some cotton and wire.

Built a 1.8 coil for the kayfun and a 1.8 coil for my protank.  Both hit like a fucking boss.  Kindof disappointing I spent the money on the kayfun now that my protank is hitting so badass.  Cotton ftw.  straight mechanical mod ftw.
View Quote

The Kayfun can handle more since it wicks better. The same ohm build on any of my Kayfun tanks I can run at 13-15 watts whereas on my protanks they can only handle 10.5-11 watts before they start tasting burnt. After playing around with Kayfun clones I have found the perfect wick size and airflow and now nothing else I have tried can come close to those clones.
Link Posted: 2/17/2014 7:49:24 PM EDT
[#16]
So I have been lying to you guys all along. I have been using a 3/32 drill bit this whole time. I completely forgot I switched sizes. So if your builds have not been reaching the ohms I specified with the wraps I specified, sorry, that's my fault. I changed the OP.
Link Posted: 2/17/2014 10:56:41 PM EDT
[#17]
where is a good place to order an EHpro kayfun clone? I was going to order a Russian 91% but John1980's review of it made me change my mind.
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 3:59:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By LilTate:
where is a good place to order an EHpro kayfun clone? I was going to order a Russian 91% but John1980's review of it made me change my mind.
View Quote

I got mine here but the price is jacked up until he gets more in stock. It is top notch IMO. And who is this John1980?
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 3:26:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks for the write up! Just got my russian91% in the mail today.. Going to fix it up tonight.
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 3:28:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Keith1980:

I got mine here but the price is jacked up until he gets more in stock. It is top notch IMO. And who is this John1980?
View All Quotes

My bad... Sorry Keith.....
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 4:33:25 PM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

I'll let this one slide since you're a fellow Floridian.
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 4:36:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By JAGERBOMBER:
Thanks for the write up! Just got my russian91% in the mail today.. Going to fix it up tonight.
View Quote

Just follow the OP and let me know how it comes out. I changed the OP to state that I used a 3/32 drill bit instead of a 5/64. I forgot I switched. I found that a 3/32 works even better.
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 5:54:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JAGERBOMBER] [#23]

Just follow the OP and let me know how it comes out. I changed the OP to state that I used a 3/32 drill bit instead of a 5/64. I forgot I switched. I found that a 3/32 works even better.
View All Quotes

Hole-lee-shit! coil came out at 1.6 ohms. Running 10.5 watts on the vamo. It hits awesome & the taste is great! Seems like four times the vapor per hit as my Iclear30. My head is spinning... No more chain vamping with this bad boy. Thanks again for the write up.
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 6:32:06 PM EDT
[#24]

Hole-lee-shit! coil came out at 1.6 ohms. Running 10.5 watts on the vamo. It hits awesome & the taste is great! Seems like four times the vapor per hit as my Iclear30. My head is spinning... No more chain vamping with this bad boy. Thanks again for the write up.
View All Quotes

No problem. You can turn up the wattage even more. I run them from 12.5 watts up to 14.5 watts depending on the juice.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 1:51:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Just fucked mine all up. between the possible tank crackers and dropping it I shattered my plastic tank section, noticed juice was getting ALL over and then noticed a fine spider webbing.

Fuess ill track doen a replacment tank.
Link Posted: 2/22/2014 11:44:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By DocBull:
Just fucked mine all up. between the possible tank crackers and dropping it I shattered my plastic tank section, noticed juice was getting ALL over and then noticed a fine spider webbing.

View Quote

Did you find a replacement? I might have an extra one laying around, but I'm too lazy to look unless you really need it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 8:04:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 3:11:39 PM EDT
[#28]

Did you find a replacement? I might have an extra one laying around, but I'm too lazy to look unless you really need it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DocBull:

Debating just picking up a map tank mod for it. Using steel since some of the flavors I am rocking are crackers.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 3:40:37 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/26/2014 2:19:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Well, thanks to Keith, I'm now in the Kayfun game!

Thanks, again, man.

Can't wait to build a coil for this thing.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 2:24:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TotalUnRecall] [#31]
Originally Posted By NY_Shooter:

Thanks, again, man.

View Quote

No problem!! Sorry its only the Tobeco but at least you will know if you like the style so your cheap ass can buy something better in the future.

ETA: I get home a little after 4pm. I expect to see a build by then!!!
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 2:30:02 PM EDT
[#32]

No problem!! Sorry its only the Tobeco but at least you will know if you like the style so your cheap ass can buy something better in the future.

View All Quotes

Thanks, again, man.

Hell, I don't care what brand it is.  I just think it's awesome that you gave it to me.  Thanks a ton.  And yeah, my cheap ass may be persuaded to buy another in the future.

Will post build pics hopefully tomorrow.  Headed out the door in a sec and then have to work tonight.

Link Posted: 2/27/2014 8:21:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Still gotta break down the Kayfun you sent me Keith, and see how it all works.

Quick question; the little baggy of screws are spares, I take it?  Or do I need to assemble anything with them before using?

Since you said the fill screw on the bottom can be finicky, I was planning on just using some teflon tape like you said, and cranking the screw in and just always doing the top fill method so I don't have to mess with it.

Link Posted: 2/27/2014 9:07:27 AM EDT
[#34]

Quick question; the little baggy of screws are spares, I take it?  Or do I need to assemble anything with them before using?

Since you said the fill screw on the bottom can be finicky, I was planning on just using some teflon tape like you said, and cranking the screw in and just always doing the top fill method so I don't have to mess with it.

View Quote

Yea those screws are spares. I did the top fill method with that one too. You might get a little gurgling and a tiny bit of fluid out of the airhole with the top fill but it will go away after a few puffs.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 9:12:46 AM EDT
[#35]

Yea those screws are spares. I did the top fill method with that one too. You might get a little gurgling and a tiny bit of fluid out of the airhole with the top fill but it will go away after a few puffs.
View All Quotes

Good to know.  I should have it in use by tonight after I wake up.

But I did just pull it apart, and see that you left a very nice looking coil in it.

I'm gonna be lazy and just re-use it.

Link Posted: 2/27/2014 10:10:11 AM EDT
[#36]

But I did just pull it apart, and see that you left a very nice looking coil in it.

http://capricho.abril.com.br/blogs/vidadegaroto/files/2010/11/Success-Kid-FUCK-YEAH-300x292.jpg

View All Quotes

http://capricho.abril.com.br/blogs/vidadegaroto/files/2010/11/Success-Kid-FUCK-YEAH-300x292.jpg

Yea I forgot about that. It was barely used so just dry burn it a little and it should be gtg.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 5:24:26 PM EDT
[#37]
PSA-  On thing I have noticed when filling these style RBA's from the bottom is they will vacuum lock the juice if filled to much. I have been filling till the juice just fills up the center window section and they work like a champ. If I fill it on up and don't leave some air space they will not feed the juice and results in dry hits/burnt wick. This is the case with the russian91 and the Kayfun so I don't think it is exclusive to just one brand, more of the way they are designed.

Link Posted: 3/1/2014 8:15:59 AM EDT
[#38]
I swear I will get the Kayfun running tonight.  Been busy, but am anxious to try it.

Link Posted: 3/1/2014 8:35:30 AM EDT
[#39]
I swear I will get the Kayfun running tonight.  Been busy, but am anxious to try it.

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/1/2014 8:38:05 AM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

I swear, man.  I'll get it done tonight.

I haven't even been home except to sleep lately.

Link Posted: 3/1/2014 8:40:31 AM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

There comes a point in a mans life where he needs to sit back and think about his priorities in life.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 8:43:35 AM EDT
[#42]

There comes a point in a mans life where he needs to sit back and think about his priorities in life.
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 3/4/2014 6:35:52 AM EDT
[#43]
So I go to throw some cotton in the coil you left in the Kayfun the other day before work the other day.  I dry burned it couple times first.  Then accidentally knocked my Vamo and the Kayfun base over on the counter.  No biggie.  But then all of a sudden, it won't fire.  It's reading a short, and showing a .3 ohm coil, even though it was previously 1.something.

This is why I can't have nice things.

Then, this morning when I got home from work, I actually mustered the energy to build a new coil.....................and I have no damn kanthal left, besides ribbon wire.

Link Posted: 3/4/2014 7:34:42 PM EDT
[#44]
So I go to throw some cotton in the coil you left in the Kayfun the other day before work the other day.  I dry burned it couple times first.  Then accidentally knocked my Vamo and the Kayfun base over on the counter.  No biggie.  But then all of a sudden, it won't fire.  It's reading a short, and showing a .3 ohm coil, even though it was previously 1.something.

Then, this morning when I got home from work, I actually mustered the energy to build a new coil.....................and I have no damn kanthal left, besides ribbon wire.

View Quote

Damn…make sure the coil didn't move. maybe it's touching the deck or something. And hurry up dammit!!! I was curious how much you like it!!
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 8:07:33 PM EDT
[#45]

Damn…make sure the coil didn't move. maybe it's touching the deck or something. And hurry up dammit!!! I was curious how much you like it!!
View All Quotes

Yeah, I wiggled the coil a little bit, and pulled the entire coil a tiny bit upwards away from the deck.  Still reading .3ohms.  

I have some more wire on the way, though.  Will update when I get it running.

Link Posted: 3/4/2014 9:07:50 PM EDT
[#46]
So I fired up my new EHPro Kayfun clone last night... this thing is amazing!  Takes vaping to a whole new level.

Of course as I was vaping away, playing with the voltage, I managed to put a little too much wattage to the coil and burnt the wick...I replaced the cotton and it was good to go.  I assume that's pretty much your only option to get rid of the foul taste after burning it?
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 9:12:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By renraf:
So I fired up my new EHPro Kayfun clone last night... this thing is amazing!  Takes vaping to a whole new level.

Of course as I was vaping away, playing with the voltage, I managed to put a little too much wattage to the coil and burnt the wick...I replaced the cotton and it was good to go.  I assume that's pretty much your only option to get rid of the foul taste after burning it?
View Quote

Yup.

Although i've only ever done that once on a kayfun... (Lesson learned)
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 9:16:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By lcoates33:

Yup.

View All Quotes

Yup.

I'm sure I'll end up doing it again...I'm a slow learner

Seriously though, I was just amazed at the amazing taste and throat hit I was getting, along with some great clouds, that I kept pushing it to see if it could get even better...I guess there is too much of a good thing.  The throat hit was great...warm and smooth...It was reminding me too much of the analog cigs and kept pushing it and pushing it lol
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 9:25:40 PM EDT
[#49]

Seriously though, I was just amazed at the amazing taste and throat hit I was getting, along with some great clouds, that I kept pushing it to see if it could get even better...I guess there is too much of a good thing.  The throat hit was great...warm and smooth...It was reminding me too much of the analog cigs and kept pushing it and pushing it lol
View All Quotes

Yup.

They certainly have their reputation for a reason.
So far i've only burnt a wick by draining it too far. Most of the time i use my kayfuns with a mech mod, so i don't get to have fun and play with the wattage.
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 8:15:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Thought i would leave this link to a colored kayfun tank combo. You get both the standard tank section and the M tank.

Linkage.

Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top