Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 1:27:20 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Keith1980:
I'd email them and see what they say. Let me know because I'm curious. I still have all my DIY stuff on the way but sometimes it'll be nice to have other juices on hand.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By jose45:

Anybody know if you can get the Hawksauce w/o menthol? Been smoking a lot of it but got burned out on the menthol.Switched over to Banana Cream Pie.Also got some FauxHawk sauce that I haven't tried yet.Anybody like it?

ETA: Just got an order from MBV today.1 50ml Hawksauce and 1 50ml Bananacream with Butterscotch for my sample.Anybody tried it?

Also,I've got some JohnnyChimpo that tastes kind of weird to me.Kinda like their Banana Cream with some kind of weird after taste.

I'd email them and see what they say. Let me know because I'm curious. I still have all my DIY stuff on the way but sometimes it'll be nice to have other juices on hand.

I EM'd MBV and just heard back.They say that do to the way HawkSauce is made is unpossible to get it w/o menthol.

Link Posted: 1/28/2014 1:42:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Then it is a premade mix they buy in volume.  I am thinking they get flavor west from another company.

Personally love flavor art and signature with tfa.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 3:23:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MkTwain] [#3]
So I just got my shipment from Vapor Shots and mixed my first 10ml batch of Peppermint flavor...

I used:

3.75 ml of PG

3.75 ml of VG

2 ml of peppermint flavor

0.5 ml of 100mg/ml nic juice

This should result in a juice that is 5mg/ml strength of nicotine, right?  The commercial stuff I buy from FreedomSmokeUSA is 6mg (advertised).

But I swear this is much, much stronger.

Question: I noticed (after the fact) that the label on the nic bottle says to shake before use.  I didn't shake it.  So when it settles, is the nicotine all on the top?  

This could explain the very nice throat hits and nicotine taste I'm getting (which I usually don't get with commercial 6mg juice).  I like the throat hit, but the taste is pretty much all nicotine and, while the throat hits are nice, I really would rather not take in much nicotine at all.  I only use the commercial 6mg because the 0mg seems to have no throat hit at all.

Link Posted: 1/31/2014 3:01:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I have never shaken my nic. It says to do so before first use but I always figured that happened in shipping.
Link Posted: 1/31/2014 6:41:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Originally Posted By tbonifie:

So I just got my shipment from Vapor Shots and mixed my first 10ml batch of Peppermint flavor...

I used:

3.75 ml of PG

3.75 ml of VG

2 ml of peppermint flavor

0.5 ml of 100mg/ml nic juice

This should result in a juice that is 5mg/ml strength of nicotine, right?  The commercial stuff I buy from FreedomSmokeUSA is 6mg (advertised).

But I swear this is much, much stronger.

Question: I noticed (after the fact) that the label on the nic bottle says to shake before use.  I didn't shake it.  So when it settles, is the nicotine all on the top?  

This could explain the very nice throat hits and nicotine taste I'm getting (which I usually don't get with commercial 6mg juice).  I like the throat hit, but the taste is pretty much all nicotine and, while the throat hits are nice, I really would rather not take in much nicotine at all.  I only use the commercial 6mg because the 0mg seems to have no throat hit at all.  
View Quote

Depends on where you're getting your nic from.  Some of the resellers do a great job of emulsifying it in the carrier.  Some don't.  That's the correct formula for a 10ml bottle of 60/40ish 5ml liquid.  I'm assuming your nic is PG based.  The extra throat hit you're feeling is very likely the result of having more PG in the mix than you're used to.  More PG means more throat hit and better flavor.  More VG is smoother with better vapor production.

Link Posted: 2/2/2014 7:41:34 AM EDT
[#6]
From MBV:

To celebrate the big game, Hawk Sauce will be 20% off all day Sunday.

No coupon code is needed! We will mark Hawk Sauce down for you! You'll see the discount applied at the end of the checkout process. You can still use your "vaporfrombaker" code for 10% off the whole order too. The sale will go until 11:59 P.M. PST. Good luck to both sides on game day and we hope everyone has a happy and safe Sunday!
View Quote

http://www.mtbakervapor.com/sale-juice/hawk-sauce-e-juice-baker-vapor/
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 6:57:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rivnut] [#7]
I want to stock up on some juices.  I'm running low, and the nearest decent vape shop is a decent drive, so what is a good vendor that has fast shipping?  I'm looking for a decent cake batter flavor or anything else you guys think is good.  I gotta get a few bottles to hold me over quick.  I think i'm going to try some of this hawk sauce too.

What mixture does everyone suggest as far as the VG and PG go?
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 7:07:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jose45] [#8]

Originally Posted By Rivnut:

I want to stock up on some juices.  I'm running low, and the nearest decent vape shop is a decent drive, so what is a good vendor that has fast shipping?  I'm looking for a decent cake batter flavor or anything else you guys think is good.  I gotta get a few bottles to hold me over quick.  I think i'm going to try some of this hawk sauce too.
View Quote
If you're gonna try Hawksauce now would be the time to do it.Order today and get 20% off.if you order more than $15.00 you get a free 15ml sample.Just put in the comments box what you want.Over $50.00 they ship free.

MBV ships from Washington state to Ohio in 4 days.Orders usually ship out the same day you order.

ETA:I've really been enjoying their BabnanaCream Pie and I like their French Vanilla too.

Link Posted: 2/2/2014 7:31:04 PM EDT
[#9]
I just ordered some juice from them, but didnt add any comments.  Every flavor I ordered was $4.99 each so that's a great deal considering the local shops sell 15ml for around $13.99 each.  Hope they throw in a  random sample.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 10:03:01 PM EDT
[#10]

I just ordered some juice from them, but didnt add any comments.  Every flavor I ordered was $4.99 each so that's a great deal considering the local shops sell 15ml for around $13.99 each.  Hope they throw in a  random sample.
View Quote
To get your free sample you put whatever you'd like to try in the comments box.Any flavor,any nic. level any pg/vg and voila' it comes with your order.

Link Posted: 2/2/2014 10:15:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Half-Breed] [#11]
To get your free sample you put whatever you'd like to try in the comments box.Any flavor,any nic. level any pg/vg and voila' it comes with your order.  
View All Quotes

^ This.

But just a heads up, the minimum order amount is $15 (not counting shipping) to get a free sample.

Edit:  Woops.  Just saw that you covered that already.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 1:10:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Yeah I ordered over $15, and I didn't realize there was a 10% off code either.  Geesh.  Oh well maybe next time if this juice turns out good.

There are so many vendors, products, copies of products and so on in the vaping world online it's hard to find the best places to order from.  Ecig forums are alright, but it's overwhelming at times to find the information you need.  I'm glad there is a forum here where I can get straight answers to my questions.  Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 6:55:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Oh man, I came up with a fantastic chocolate covered banana. High Desert Vapes extracts. You need a 15ml bottle. 3.5ml of their organic banana nut, 3ml of their dutch chocolate brownie, about a mil or so of organic walnut and maybe a mil of sweet cream. Top it off with your nicotine (I keep a half liter bottle of 38mg/ml base mixed up (80/20 PG/VG) and add about a mil and a half of 100 mg/ml nicotine just to knock the dust off of it and you're good to go. It's pretty good straight out of mixing, but after a week or so it gets absolutely fantastic.

You can substitute Roar Vapor's "Dawn of Truth" for the banana nut, though if you do, you should skip the 100 mg/ml booster shot.

Also, Roar's "Truth Serum" is fucking AWESOME. It's my current all day vape.

High Desert also has a Fudge Brownie that is awesome, and a Dutch Chocolate Mint that' is like Andes mints but better. Awesome with coffee..
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 11:33:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TotalUnRecall] [#14]
Thinking of changing it up a bit for my DIY stash. I feel like a change sometimes from the fruit flavors. How about a good RY4/Vanilla mix?

ETA: I mean a good recipe for DIY just to clarify.
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 12:47:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Seven_Sixty_Two] [#15]
Question for The Hive - do any of you notice that your juice darkens as it sits in your tank? I've been going through the Appleberry Cinnamon from Wyoming vapor company and as I vape away it gets noticeably darker after a day or two. I'll post pics up as soon as I can. I'm using a 900MaH VV set at 4.0 in a Kanger T3.
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 1:39:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lcoates33] [#16]
Originally Posted By Seven_Sixty_Two:
Question for The Hive - do any of you notice that your juice darkens as it sits in your tank? I've been going through the Appleberry Cinnamon from Wyoming vapor company and as I vape away it gets noticeably darker after a day or two. I'll post pics up as soon as I can. I'm using a 900MaH VV set at 4.0 in a Kanger T3.
View Quote

I left some MBV hawk sauce in a tank for a week.. It did the same thing. No flavor change though.

I should add, it started getting darker after a few days, by weeks end it was pretty much reddish-brown.
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 3:48:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Some say the nicotine is what gets darker over time, but I've never had a bottle of juice get noticeably darker.  Just juice in a tank.

So I think it's just gunk from the coil seeping into the tanked juice.  Also, it never happens for me with clear juice.  Only juice that has color.
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 6:36:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By NY_Shooter:
Some say the nicotine is what gets darker over time, but I've never had a bottle of juice get noticeably darker.  Just juice in a tank.

So I think it's just gunk from the coil seeping into the tanked juice.  Also, it never happens for me with clear juice.  Only juice that has color.
View Quote

I did have a I-Clear 16 with a crusty coil that did that to everything.

My hawk sauce is 0nic though, and in a brand new kayfun. *shrugs*
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 8:53:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By lcoates33:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lcoates33:
Originally Posted By NY_Shooter:

Yeah, that's why I don't think it's the nicotine.

Link Posted: 2/19/2014 9:25:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Can anyone explain how you steep/step(?) the juice?
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 9:46:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lcoates33] [#21]
Originally Posted By JAGERBOMBER:
Can anyone explain how you steep/step(?) the juice?
View Quote

I like to give juice a try right off the shelf or out of the mailbox. If it's good, i'll go with it.

If not, i just put it in a box for a week or so, shaking every day or so. I also (Might be just me) like to squeeze the air out of the bottle and let new air in before i shake them. This might not do a damn thing But hey, at least i get to smell the progress.
After a weeks time i'll give it another try. If it's still not to my liking...back in the box.

I tried the hot water thing once. Didn't really help the juice i tried it on. But that was some cheap ass juice anyway.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 9:51:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Thanks. Did not know if it need to be put in a bowl and exposed to air or just let age for a certain amount of time in the bottle.
Link Posted: 2/20/2014 10:13:14 AM EDT
[#23]
This is my all day every day juice. I keep trying other stuff, but I can barely get through a sample before I go back.

I just found this video - apparently this is the go-to juice for Phil too. It only comes 50/50 - I get the 12mg. They have 150ml bottles now.

Link Posted: 3/10/2014 6:46:14 PM EDT
[#24]
I just got some of Nicoticket's Grape Ape. Where has this been my whole life?!

It's fantastic. At low watts, it tastes like Welches Grape Juice. At high watts, just like a grape Jolly Rancher.

It's too bad it's a short run. I'm going to need to order 10 bottles of the stuff to keep me satisfied until it comes around again.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 7:46:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 7:58:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By WILSON:

@ 0.59 ".... request from Minny Wang. So I accepted the request; I figured we'd have a lot in common..."    
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sywagon:

http://youtu.be/DPz6Xg87dZQ

@ 0.59 ".... request from Minny Wang. So I accepted the request; I figured we'd have a lot in common..."    

Link Posted: 3/10/2014 10:30:48 PM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sywagon:

http://youtu.be/DPz6Xg87dZQ

Reminded me of the asiana airline news prank names.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 3:50:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: proud2deviate] [#28]
Question for the DIYers;

Have you ever had a juice change colors after you mix it? I mixed some 100% PG, 20mg/ml nicotine, 10% TFA white chocolate flavor. Just after mixing, the solution had a very slight beige/tan note to it, but after a few days, it developed a bright pinkish-orange hue. It looks almost like merthiolate, if you have any experience with that. It still tastes about the same as fresh-mixed, minus a bit of ethanol.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 4:42:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Ive been reading a bit but I don't recall coming across the answer to this. .

What causes the juice to change colors? Sometimes I won't have to refill on juice for a few days, but when I put it in it can be clear - after a few days it starts taking on some dark tan/brown tinges.(?) What is happening that it is changing color? Is it just a natural occurrence in the juice or is the wick burning etc?

I've been using various VG80% / PG20% from Mt.Baker lately.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 4:50:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sywagon] [#30]
All of the juices I have bought darken like that. For my daily (deadly sin) I don't really consider it ready to vape until it goes from the clear yellow to the rich orange/brn. phase. The change in the pigmentation does not necessarily affect flavor directly (depends if they are aromatics), but it does correlate with "steeping" time. Both reflect oxygenation and oxidation. All sorts of pigments change color on oxidation or reduction. E.g. pH strips. For flavor, too much oxidation is bad (rancid) but flavors don't pop without some. E.g. breath a bottle of red wine - yum. Froth a beer a bit, swirl a scotch, etc. Leave a scotch out over night though? You have shit in the AM - e.g. rust solids from too much oxidation.

Here is what happens to meat:

That is different from if the juice in your tank is getting darker than the juice in your bottle - that is usually from the burnt stuff on your coil flowing back into your tank. It doesn't really affect flavor much (not near as much as having a coil with enough shit burnt on it to cause that).
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 5:15:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Ah, that makes sense. Thanks
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 10:18:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Does anybody use these juices,
Ruthless
G2
Atombomb
vapingrabbit

This stuff is all I use, Low Pg High Vg, 6mg nict.
Lots of different flavors but most are really good.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 10:55:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By proud2deviate:
Question for the DIYers;

Have you ever had a juice change colors after you mix it? I mixed some 100% PG, 20mg/ml nicotine, 10% TFA white chocolate flavor. Just after mixing, the solution had a very slight beige/tan note to it, but after a few days, it developed a bright pinkish-orange hue. It looks almost like merthiolate, if you have any experience with that. It still tastes about the same as fresh-mixed, minus a bit of ethanol.
View Quote

Basically in all the nicotine is what make the juice change color the most. No matter which flavor it will change the darkness. Certain flavors change quicker and to a different color sometime. Take for example. Blueberry 0 mg nicotine, stays clear. Blueberry 6 mg turns pinkish. Blueberry 18 mg turn darker pink.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 7:12:37 AM EDT
[#34]
Went to a local shop last night and picked up a PT2 mini and some blueberry juice that I sampled while there.  I get home, fill my tank and the juice is off, almost too sweet.  Is this a prime candidate for steeping?  The sample and my bottle were both 6mg nic.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 9:48:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By WrenchBender:
Went to a local shop last night and picked up a PT2 mini and some blueberry juice that I sampled while there.  I get home, fill my tank and the juice is off, almost too sweet.  Is this a prime candidate for steeping?  The sample and my bottle were both 6mg nic.
View Quote

Steep it.

Most juices i've bought after tasting a sample were different then what i remember. I would have to assume they have been in those tester tanks for a few weeks, therefore they are well steeped.
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 11:32:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Sorry for all the n00b questions, but google is not providing an easy answer.

What is the best way to clean the coil head/tank between flavors.  I have rinsed and wiped clean with a towel numerous times but still have a lingering flavor.

I have read vodka rinse?  Any other suggestions besides changing the wick?  As a beginner I am trying new flavors all the time and don't want to sell a potential candidate short because the flavor was contaminated.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 2:50:21 AM EDT
[#37]

What is the best way to clean the coil head/tank between flavors.  I have rinsed and wiped clean with a towel numerous times but still have a lingering flavor.

I have read vodka rinse?  Any other suggestions besides changing the wick?  As a beginner I am trying new flavors all the time and don't want to sell a potential candidate short because the flavor was contaminated.
View Quote

Soak them in vodka and then be sure to rinse them out really well  and let them dry before you put them back in your tank. If you do end up changing the wicks use boiled cotton balls Super cheap. Boil them for 30 minutes and bake them for I think it was 20 minutes on low. Be sure to leave the door open a crack on the oven and keep an eye on them, don't want anything catching on fire. Once baked let them dry over night and you will be g2g. =)
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 2:58:13 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

You're better off using a dripping atomizer, preferably a rebuildable one.

As for heads, I'd just hose them out with hot water, doesn't take long for any remaining flavor to go away once you add something new.

But that said, some juices are really bad about ghosting your tank...

So with a rebuildable, you can just make a new coil and wick and drip away, no worries.

Link Posted: 4/4/2014 12:18:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JAGERBOMBER] [#39]
Looking for some DIY advice.

Just ordered this-

Have downloaded this ejuice calculator-

E-Juice calculator V4

As well as the iVAPE app for the IPad.

I have safety goggles and a face shield if needed.

Anything else I need to get going?

I know the first thing I have to do is split the nic into smaller glass bottles for freezer storage. I would like to keep a diluted amount out for mixing but not sure what would be the easiest mg to use or what would be best and also safest.

I have a couple recipes I would like to try but any step by step help would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:36:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 1:29:25 PM EDT
[#41]

That should get you going. Just start with the nic first and then put the bottle away, so you don't have to deal with it anymore. Also start on the low end with the flavoring. That way if it's too weak you can just up the percentage little by little. Also keep track of everything you do. That way when you do get good results you can duplicate them. It's easier than you think to make DIY juice. Let us know how it comes out!!
View All Quotes

Just ordered this-

http://i58.tinypic.com/2evf09y.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/316l0ud.jpg

http://i58.tinypic.com/5wh3kw.jpg

E-Juice calculator V4

I know the first thing I have to do is split the nic into smaller glass bottles for freezer storage. I would like to keep a diluted amount out for mixing but not sure what would be the easiest mg to use or what would be best and also safest.

I have a couple recipes I would like to try but any step by step help would be greatly appreciated.

That should get you going. Just start with the nic first and then put the bottle away, so you don't have to deal with it anymore. Also start on the low end with the flavoring. That way if it's too weak you can just up the percentage little by little. Also keep track of everything you do. That way when you do get good results you can duplicate them. It's easier than you think to make DIY juice. Let us know how it comes out!!

have you found any level of nic dilution that is easier to mix? not sure witch to do, 36mg or 18mg or what?
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 7:26:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 7:32:56 PM EDT
[#43]

Not sure what you mean. I just buy the 100mg nic that is PG based. So if you want to make an 18mg nic mix in a 30ml bottle you would need 5.4 ml of the nic base. Then after adding all the other stuff it becomes diluted and the final 30ml bottle is 18mg nic.
View All Quotes

Just ordered this-

E-Juice calculator V4

have you found any level of nic dilution that is easier to mix? not sure witch to do, 36mg or 18mg or what?

Not sure what you mean. I just buy the 100mg nic that is PG based. So if you want to make an 18mg nic mix in a 30ml bottle you would need 5.4 ml of the nic base. Then after adding all the other stuff it becomes diluted and the final 30ml bottle is 18mg nic.

I was going to make a nic base of 36/24/18? to do the juice mixing with so I would not be messing with the 100mg and taking a chance of having an accident. Just was wondering which diluted nic base would be best to work with. My final nic I will be shooting for will be between 6-12mg.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 8:26:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 11:19:33 PM EDT
[#45]

I'd go with 36. That will leave you options. And if you spill it no big deal.
View All Quotes

I was going to make a nic base of 36/24/18? to do the juice mixing with so I would not be messing with the 100mg and taking a chance of having an accident. Just was wondering which diluted nic base would be best to work with. My final nic I will be shooting for will be between 6-12mg.

I'd go with 36. That will leave you options. And if you spill it no big deal.

Thanks man. Been reading a lot on all the DIY forums and sites. Probably be a bit till I get set up and started & then the steep times will be agonizing but still can't wait.

At least now my cabinet drawer stand project should make a little more sense. got plans man... BIG PLANS!  
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 11:47:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 1:08:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sywagon] [#47]

View All Quotes

Just ordered this-

E-Juice calculator V4

As someone who does a lot of dilutions at work but has never mixed juice, I find the oddball numbers people in the industry use quite odd. For example, if you wanted 20mg I could tell off the top of my head it is a dilution factor of 5, so out of 30ml one fifth is 6ml. To make it 18mg like you did I'd need a calculator. Why make it 36, 24, 18 etc.? For making a stock that I was going to regularly do dilutions from, 10's are by far the best (like the 100mg) or otherwise I would use half increments (50mg) for a stock to make a range of dilutions from. For a known target that you are regularly trying to hit though you can just set it up so the concentrate is at whatever strength gives you a convenient round volume to transfer. E.g. if I wanted to add 10ml each time to get 30ml 18mg I'd make the stock 54mg/ml (10 x 54 = 30 x 18).
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 11:07:31 PM EDT
[#48]
What is the secret to blueberry. I made some awesome blueberry/banana and on the next 2 attempts I had to put it down the drain.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 5:33:02 PM EDT
[#49]
How about a hint?
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 5:35:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top