Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2017 1:33:16 AM EDT
Does it help with the heat? If so tips?
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 1:38:48 AM EDT
[#1]
No shave,  itches like crazy the second day. 
Clipper trim and gold bond 
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 6:05:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Ghey much?
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 8:35:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Just say "NO" on the shaving...  Just too much itch.  

But, waxing?  It gets the job done.  LOL

Link Posted: 7/26/2017 8:38:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Try some NAIR on it and report back
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 8:51:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Try some NAIR on it and report back
View Quote
I've heard that's a real bad idea down there.....

Give it a quick trim and all is gtg.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 9:08:18 AM EDT
[#6]
wax the balls

trim the tank

powder up 

go get some!

boom
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 3:28:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
No shave,  itches like crazy the second day. 
Clipper trim and gold bond 
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 7:15:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Since this is Tech forum and not GD, I am going to give a tech forum answer.

Instead of just down there grooming. I am going to give a full, body man_scaping / grooming, tips advice , opinions.
I am also going to be typing this from a single guys prospective. So depending what you partner's preferences are or there willingness to help you, there might be room for some variation in all this.  Also I am in my early 30's so age & physical fitness will have barring on what I type.

1) shave between your eyebrows, and depending on how thick they are, you might want to go to a pro, and get them trimmed down or shaped.
2) save the back of your neck.
3) Take a pair of grooming scissors, and trim that arm pit hair you have down, or atleast thin it up alittle.
4) trim down your chest hair. Do not shave it off. Between 7 -  10 on your electric razor will be fine.
5) A) if you have hair around your nipple or on it, get rid of it.
6) if you have hairy knuckles shave them. Do not look like a cave man. {and for the single guys you will look more white collar, it is the little thing women notice, why do you think they get there  nails done all the time.... women look at hands...}
7) back hair, yeah just go ahead and get rid of that too, or atleast trim it down. But it generally just cheaper & easier to just wax it off, and it lasts a lot longer than shaving.
8) since we are talking about appendages go ahead, shave those toes and your feet also there Frodo Baggins.
{now for that special area that started this thread}
9) shave the tree, no hair
10) shave the rocks, no hair
11) as for the area around it shave it between 3 - 8 depending on what you lady prefers. I makes it look bigger, more hygienic, and with cutting it to a short length, all the benefits of shaving it bald, but none of the itching.
12) remember to go ahead and keep trimming on out to you upper groin / thigh / lap area. Because it just looks weird if you target area is 5 or and right next to you hair around it is 10.

I did not think, it need to be said, but on second thought I will say it any way, trim you ear & nose hair. Inside and out...

Do not be scared of nair yes it is a chick product, and has a stigma about it. But do not be scared of it. It is not that bad. And it works pretty good. Personally I have never used it down there. But I have used it on my ears and back of the neck before to great success.

Here is a article explaining what, I was talking about above when I was mentioning the numbers when referring to hair length
https://www.menshairstylesnow.com/haircut-numbers/

Here is bread trimmer I use for most of my personal grooming needs. Experiment with what number setting / length is best for you & your partner.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Philips-Norelco-Beard-Stubble-Trimmer-QT4014/23149308?action=product_interest&action_type=title&beacon_version=1.0.2&bucket_id=irsbucketdefault&client_guid=a1305155-a926-419b-8185-c6f39fd5c06b&config_id=106&customer_id_enc&findingMethod=p13n&guid=a1305155-a926-419b-8185-c6f39fd5c06b&item_id=23149308&parent_anchor_item_id=48745750&parent_item_id=48745750&placement_id=irs-106-t1&reporter=recommendations&source=new_site&strategy=PWVUB&visitor_id=CSOyWQWNzeWymlGjhvgRIQ
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 8:38:41 PM EDT
[#9]
My wife started seriously complaining about pubic hair back in the early ‘80s.  And yeah, what you’re thinking is correct.
I trimmed for a long time and then just went all the way.  
Itch?  No.  Not at all.  I use a Panasonic ES-RS10 travel shaver for the more sensitive areas – gives a close shave and it won’t bite you like some other shavers will – and a Philips BodyGroom for back, etc.  I feel much cleaner without the fur and it makes my wife happy, so I get the attention I want.
Hey, if you want to be hairy, that’s fine.  None of my business.  Personally, I don’t like body hair, piercings, tattoos and stuff like that.  It’s all a matter of taste.
G_S has it right.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 9:29:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Think MRSA infection down below.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 11:02:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Hit it with clippers.  I use Nair for the whole region.  Course Hair stuff.  Follow instructions and it's fine.
Link Posted: 3/10/2018 8:41:00 PM EDT
[#12]
What I use.  Everywhere.  Different heads.  Doesn't "bite" like stuff meant for beards and head hair.

Link Posted: 4/30/2018 6:40:20 AM EDT
[#13]
say no to a razor, yes to clippers, as long as they arent the sharp ones. I find it cooler to a point. Once you have no hair any where down below, I find it feels hotter and sweatier as hair helps to dissipate heat IMO. For me, keep the boys shaved and the patch at like 1/2"
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 6:35:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
say no to a razor, yes to clippers, as long as they arent the sharp ones. I find it cooler to a point. Once you have no hair any where down below, I find it feels hotter and sweatier as hair helps to dissipate heat IMO. For me, keep the boys shaved and the patch at like 1/2"
View Quote
This ^.

The woman folk seem to like it
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 7:20:19 PM EDT
[#15]
My personal opinion for comfort. Shave the shaft, and sack, trim the rest. No need to keep up on it. Doing it about a month apart keeps me comfortable.  I don’t care for staying shaved, I just want it short and I would rather shave once a month than trim every week or two.

For comfort’s sake I trim my armpit hair, otherwise it ends up like 2”+ long. I shave the tops of my feet. I’m a hairy guy and it greatly helps me with wearing work boots on long hot sweaty days.

Trim the rest of your body to a tolerable length if you have long hair and don’t like it. Keep yourself comfortable. My wife likes me hairy, but I occasionally trim myself when I get long. 3/4-1” chest hair and you’ll still look like a man and be comfortable. Backs.... go ahead and do whatever you like, my wife doesn’t like it too short “feels spikey”.

Find a balance between comfortable and what your lady likes. Then you’ll both be happy.

You’re a man, you’re supposed to have body hair. An occasional trim will be the difference between a sasquach and handsome. Trim too much or shave too much and you’ll look creapy, not sexy!  It’s good to look like you take care of yourself, but no woman wants a man that spends more time grooming than they do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top