Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/20/2017 4:50:31 AM EDT
Looking to buy a few nicer shirts and pants for work, mainly for larger meetings.

Last few times I went clothes shopping it was to Kohls or Macys just because I was already close to the stores for everything, and really wasn't impressed with the fit or quality of what I got.  Threads coming undone almost right away, and of course everything off the shelf these days in terms of shirts is standardized for oversized American males.

I keep getting ads for this place.... www.originalstitch.com and was wondering if it's worth it?
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 6:48:50 AM EDT
[#1]
If you are skinny. H&M slim fit, no iron shirts are good and inexpensive.

Accountant
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 7:05:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Buy what you want, and then take them to a seamstress and have them fitted.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 7:09:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Tag. As someone who lifts, this thread is relevant to me.

Work tried to supply pants for me... after ordering 4'' bigger in the waist than I needed, they still fit like leggings on my quads. Had to go buy my own relaxed fit pants. Most button down shirts are too tight in the chest/arms and too loose at the mid section. Not as big a deal, but still annoying.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 7:13:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm a big fan of brooks brothers slim fit non-iron shirts. Ask for "fitted" shirts the next time you go try on clothing. Know your shirt size, and I don't mean XL or whatever. I mean 16.5 35, or whatever you are.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 6:06:04 PM EDT
[#5]
i like hammer made-- -but not sure if business-like enough for ya
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 4:48:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm a big fan of brooks brothers slim fit non-iron shirts. Ask for "fitted" shirts the next time you go try on clothing. Know your shirt size, and I don't mean XL or whatever. I mean 16.5 35, or whatever you are.
View Quote
stopped in at the BB near me (was not the outlet) and really wasn't impressed...most of what i saw just seemed to be rather dull business casual affairs..while there is nothing wrong with that and Im not looking to stand out, but I also don't want to look like every other pinhead I work with that wears the same shirt.  theres a couple of guys i work with that must shop there because they show up from time to time in the same identical shirt and they look like some of the BB offerings I saw.

On a gamble, I decided to try a shirt from proper cloth.  Hopefully the online shirt ordering thing works out
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 5:24:32 AM EDT
[#7]
I go to Ministry of Supply for my high tech dress shirts.  Keeps cool , little sweat and fitted real thin.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 6:13:24 AM EDT
[#8]
I actually really like the express 1mx shirts. they are tapered in the sides for those of us that aren't round.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 7:39:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Nordstrom is the answer to your question.  They have a WIDE range of sizes in various cuts.  Get one of their sales people to measure you to get fitted better.  I lost a lot of weight and normal dress shirts looks like parachutes on me.  I am not a small guy, a slim fit shirt will not work for me but an athletic cut shirt fits nice.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 2:35:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks like this is an old thread but I thought I'd chime in anyways.

I recently revamped my wardrobe from J.Crew Factory online.  I noticed they had a sale going on so I bought a few pairs of pants and some shirts.  I recently lost some weight and only had my old, relaxed-fit clothing.  I bought slim fit clothing in my normal size and am happy with everything so far.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 5:10:32 PM EDT
[#11]
I would say give Mtailor a try. I have 4-5 shirts from them and they fit better than any other shirt I have ever had... but they are also my first tailored shirts too, so take that for what it is worth. Anyway, they do pants and suits also.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 10:56:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I would say give Mtailor a try. I have 4-5 shirts from them and they fit better than any other shirt I have ever had... but they are also my first tailored shirts too, so take that for what it is worth. Anyway, they do pants and suits also.
View Quote
I've not tried Mtailor but have used Itailor a couple of times for pants and been pleased so far. You just need someome to take accurate measurements of you similar to how a local tailor would. It's not hard and they have pics and videos to guide you. Mtailor uses a picture of you to get measurements. Not sure how they compare in terms of accuracy. I'm thinking about doing a sport coat and some shirts. Itailor has a ton of color/material options as well as style options so I was drawn to them for that. I know it's made over in Asia but so is MTM through a local mens clothing stores, unless you go highest end that is European made and now your into or close to Bespoke pricing.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 8:54:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I've not tried Mtailor but have used Itailor a couple of times for pants and been pleased so far. You just need someome to take accurate measurements of you similar to how a local tailor would. It's not hard and they have pics and videos to guide you. Mtailor uses a picture of you to get measurements. Not sure how they compare in terms of accuracy. I'm thinking about doing a sport coat and some shirts. Itailor has a ton of color/material options as well as style options so I was drawn to them for that. I know it's made over in Asia but so is MTM through a local mens clothing stores, unless you go highest end that is European made and now your into or close to Bespoke pricing.
View Quote
It seemed to me that the arms were a little short, but I marked it up to just being a dress shirt as they all seem a little short to me. Mtailor does offer to adjust measurements based on your feedback.
Some background; I live in a town of about 600 people, I think there might be a tailor in the town about an hour away (pop. of about 14,000). Next best option is probably a Men's Warehouse in a town two hours away of ~74k. So Mtailor is a pretty good deal for me.

Does Itailor offer embroidery? That is the only thing stopping me from ordering more shirts from Mtailor. I am ordering work shirts that I want our company logo on. Right now I have to get them from Mtailor, then turn around and send them off for embroidery that adds more time and expense to a shirt!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top