Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/24/2016 12:56:27 AM EDT
Anybody have personal experience with it?
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 1:04:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes. Had my back, ass, taint, and balls lasered. Works awesome.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 1:47:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice!  Guess I shoulda specified, Im considering my scalp.  I don't have crazy thick hair, I just have more of a widows peak than I like so Ive shaved for several  years now.  Hate spending 20+ minutes in the shower shaving every other day and having 5'o clock shadow on my skull all of the off day, but shaving everyday just irritates my scalp too much.  

Would love to get the full brazilian- the ass and crotch- treatment down the road but currently thats actually a lot less of a PITA to shave for me so Im not in as much of a rush to get that lasered.  

At this point I just fuckin hate shaving
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 2:29:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Just do it. One small area like that will only take a couple minutes tops and will be very inexpensive.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 6:32:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:31:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Anyone had this done for ear hair? Is it permanent?
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 7:21:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm a wookie and years ago I wanted to get this done all over my body the cost then was way to insane and I have thick course hair they said it may need up to 3 or 4 treatments. I may need to check and see if it's more economical now.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:44:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Its not cheap.  The pricing I saw at the clinic I'll probably be using in Utah is about $150/month and you come in every 6 weeks for appointments.  Ya that means you are paying for months you dont go in lol but the $150 is more of a payment plan than per visit thing.  But still, $225 per visit 5-7 times to be baby bottom smooth, or close to it would be pretty reasonable IMO.  I probably will spend that much on hair care shit and extra water costs (shaving in the shower) in the next 5 years.  

As far as appointments being spaced out, I've seen a lot of sites saying this is why:  

Hair follicles transition through active and dormant stages and only about 30-50% of your hair is actively growing at any given time. With each treatment, we will cover the entire skin surface, but only those follicles that are "active" will be impacted. When a follicle is dormant, the laser light cannot be absorbed, and the follicle is left undamaged. We customize your treatment plan to ensure that we are matching your hair growth cycles and ensuring the best results possible for you.

Copied and pasted that from the clinic's website where I'll be getting my treatment done.  I have fair skin and dark hair which creates the most contrast, so I can expect a much more effective end result.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 10:56:05 PM EDT
[#8]
So to update:  I had my first treatment on Thursday night.  

So I started looking at places that offer laser hair removal near me (Orem UT) and most of the places list body parts and price for treatment and nobody had scalp listed so I called a few shops and kept getting "no we don't laser there" and finally got a place that does and I drove over for a consult.  While in their waiting room I jumped on yelp and google reviews and saw that they had been around for awhile and were rated really well.  Not conclusive evidence but a good sign at least.  So I get to talk to an ethetician(?) (gorgeous girl btw) and she explains how the process goes...etc.  Price was normally like $1369 but they're doing a 50% off "Get Ready for Summer" type promotion and I jumped on it.  Scheduled my first treatment for the same day.  Had to be clean shaven so I went home and shaved before coming back.  

Girl tells me to sit in the chair and tells me it might feel like light pinching but that if it feels like burning i have to let her know.  I saw ok and she begins.  

HOLY SHIT!  Light pinching my ass.  I was expecting to have blood running down my neck within the first minute.  I notice a little squeeze ball toy in the tray and immediately start crushing the thing to get off the torture going on behiind my head.  I was doing ok until she got behind my ears when finally I teared up and had to ask for a break.  Felt pretty unmanned to admit I needed a break in front of a gorgeous Utah girl but dangit that shit hurts!  Finally we finish and as I'm leaving I ask if its supposed to hurt like that?  She reminds me that she had offered during the consultation (which I do remember shrugging off) if I wanted a prescription for a numbing cream.  So my fault entirely for being a macho dumbass.  I immediately spoke to the doctor who runs the clinic and got my prescription on my way out.  He jokingly says "ya most guys try going without.  The first time"

So I go back for round 2 in four weeks.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 5:53:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I need to check into this again and see what is local to me and the cost. I need to get it done.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 1:00:26 PM EDT
[#10]
I am lasered to about 90-95% and unless you have a very good tolerance for pain or they use a numbing agent on you, you’d be doing yourself a favor to completely investigate this prior to purchasing.

Cost?  About the same as a cheap boob job.  That’s been some 7 or so years ago.  My setting was 53 and the laser only went to 55.  Feels like a grease burn.  Intense flash of heat.

Underarms?  Not so bad.  Legs?  Not bad.
But think about how a grease burn would feel to the sack and think before you act.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 1:09:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am lasered to about 90-95% and unless you have a very good tolerance for pain or they use a numbing agent on you, you’d be doing yourself a favor to completely investigate this prior to purchasing.

Cost?  About the same as a cheap boob job.  That’s been some 7 or so years ago.  My setting was 53 and the laser only went to 55.  Feels like a grease burn.  Intense flash of heat.

Underarms?  Not so bad.  Legs?  Not bad.
But think about how a grease burn would feel to the sack and think before you act.
View Quote
Yeah, pussy was the worst.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 10:12:56 PM EDT
[#12]
yeah, I think I'm ok with Nair once or twice a week before having my sack lasered.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 2:32:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Ya I just had my 7th or 8th treatment and its gotten significantly less painful with numbing cream and my hair slowly dying out (less dark spots for the laser to burn).

But all illusions about getting a manzillian are long gone.  Was actually told the scalp is the most painful place since theres almost no muscle underneath to "cushion or absorb" heat.  Maybe thats true but I still have no interest in getting any other areas lasered ever again after I finish this process.

But it is coming along.  Its weird how the hair disappears.  I expected it to be a consistent thinning out everywhere but instead it seems to die in patches, all next to one another.  Good way to describe it would be looking at rock formations with different colors being from different periods in time.  Every period I'd say my hairline retreats about 2/3 of a centimeter from the front and 1/10 from the back and side/ears.  If I dont shave and allow 5 oclock shadow to develop, it looks weird AF lol.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 1:45:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yeah, pussy was the worst.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 3:39:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Yes. Had my back, ass, taint, and balls lasered. Works awesome.
View Quote
Wow, I'm a fairly hairy dude and a few times, I've honestly thought about having my neck to waist, front and back done.

But I just can't imagine myself sitting in some stirups (like a chic at the Gyno) and having my legs spread, gibblets danglin and getting my taint tasered...

Pain or humiliation, not sure which would break the needle 1st..
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 4:59:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Wow, I'm a fairly hairy dude and a few times, I've honestly thought about having my neck to waist, front and back done.

But I just can't imagine myself sitting in some stirups (like a chic at the Gyno) and having my legs spread, gibblets danglin and getting my taint tasered...

Pain or humiliation, not sure which would break the needle 1st..
View Quote
Im actually pretty comfortable with my aesthetician and dont think it would be awkward.  I just don't wanna deal with the pain down there.  I get a histamine reaction every time I get lasered and the skin is sensitive as hell for 4-6 days every time.  And thats on my scalp which generally doesn't move or touch anything.  Can't imagine trying to sit down or walk/run with a hystamine reaction around my upper thighs and glutes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top