Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2016 8:04:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ronjohnbb]
Hello

I've been having some issues with gunSTRUCTION lately. It began last month with the crazy lagging and freezing issues. Other people were experiencing these same issues across all browsers. It was fixed sometime between 2/29 and 3/1 and all was good. Everything worked fine and I was able to use gunSTRUCTION with no problems. Other users reported the same success.

I went to bed on 3/1 and when I woke up in the morning Unity Web Player had crashed as happened sometimes, and when I refreshed nothing loaded. It was just a gray box as evidenced by the images at the bottom of this post. I was using Safari on OS X 10.11.3. I reinstalled Unity, I made sure my browser was up to date, I cleared my cache and my cookies, nothing worked. I booted up FireFox and I had the same issue, nothing loaded. I decided to redownload Chrome to see if that would work and much to my chagrin, gunSTRUCTION was down on Chrome as well.

I made a post in the bugs thread on 3/3 after waiting to see if it would work itself out, however I'm unsure if it was missed or something, but I feel making another thread would potentially expose more people to this issue and maybe we could find a solution.

Here is what I'm seeing across the various browsers.

Safari:

Firefox:

Chrome:

As you can see, nothing is happening. gunSTRUCTION is completely down for me.

I hope someone can help me resolve this issue and if it's something with gunSTRUCTION itself I hope it can be remedied soon. I really enjoy using this to mock up different looks.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 1:18:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 3:42:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ronjohnbb] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By gunzman:
Thanks for this! We have been moving things around and redoing some backend scripts over the past week or so. It seems Firefox flat out dropped support for the old web player, so we moved over all the browsers to use the WebGL player. On top of this we moved over some scripts to optimize for this.

We have tested internally, and are able to run on chrome and firefox. Quick question, did you ever see a "loadiN' image on the player with the GUNSTRUCTION icon and a progress bar?

Right now the initial webGL load can be quite long, when you get the chance can you see if it will load if left to sit?
View Quote

I've never seen any kind of "loading" image at any time since it went down. All I've seen and am currently seeing is exactly what is in my original post.

Currently I have gunSTRUCTION open on all three browsers on my MacBook. I've had it open on all three for over 10 minutes now and I'm not getting anything other than the what I showed in the screen caps in my OP.

Is there some kind of special webGL player I should download?
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 3:57:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 4:50:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ronjohnbb] [#4]
I'm on a MacBook Pro over wifi in my home. I have Verizon Fios with 30down 30up. With my router I routinely get ~30down/30up.

I've tried the shift+reload and waited 30 seconds. I'm still not seeing anything. I also cleared the cache manually through the preferences menu. This is on FireFox.

I'm assuming you guys aren't working on it with Safari so I'm going to leave that one out, although it is my preferred browser. As far as Chrome goes, I've only downloaded it and used Gunstruction on it one time. I've never even visited another website on that browser as I do not like it.

Is there anything else I can do? I'll start refreshing this page every 10 minutes or so. I'd like to help as much as I can. It's the least I can do for the amount of time I use gunstruction.

Here's my speed test:

Link Posted: 3/8/2016 2:13:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Just to check in, I left the page open on FireFox for about 30 minutes and when I came back gunStruction had loaded. I've refreshed the page and it still seems to be working properly.

I'll test Safari and Chrome in the morning.
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 4:14:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ronjohnbb] [#6]
Following up again.

Firefox is working consistently since last night. No new issues.

I just received this new pop up on Safari, Chrome, and Firefox. Chrome and Safari still aren't loading, Firefox works fine.

Link Posted: 3/9/2016 12:13:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 11:46:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Not working for me at all on a Mac. I've tried Chrome, Chrome Beta, Safari and Firefox. All give a similar error, shown in attached screenshot.

Link Posted: 3/27/2016 9:48:14 AM EDT
[#9]
I am getting the same error on multiple web browsers.
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 1:18:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 10:47:08 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm having similar issues. Gunstruction isn't working on any browser on my Mac.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 11:50:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 8:46:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jj330021] [#13]
I have been trying to open it up in chrome today with no luck.  I have had it up for about 5 minutes now and it's just a black screen.  "EDIT"  Seems to be working in firefox.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 12:30:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Going to necro this post, but...

I've been having this issue except instead of a grey screen there's a black one. And occasionally the "Gunstruction" logo with the loading screen shows, but then goes to black. Is there any advice? PC is Gateway NE56R49u, Mozzila Firefox
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top