Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2015 10:53:01 AM EDT
I have had this program on my PC since day-one, and now when I go to the Gunstruction site it says I need to download the Unity Player. I have deleted my orginal version. I downloaded the new version. I restarted my computer. But when I go to log on I am still receiving the same error/ issue. WTH?? Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:15:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 6:01:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like you have a problem in the computer. Download a copy of MalwareBytes free edition and have it run a malware scan. I'd start there first.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 8:35:27 PM EDT
[#3]
If you're using Google Chrome, then I know your pain.

Here is why:
"In the fall of 2013 Google announced their plans to discontinue NPAPI support in the Google Chrome browser by the end of 2014.
The NPAPI is the API that makes it possible to run native code in the browser and is what the Unity Web Player is based on.
We are not sure exactly when the NPAPI will be discontinued but expect that Google will stick to their plan.
The long and the short of it is that when Google do switch off NPAPI the Unity Web Player will no longer work in Chrome."
FEDNET: WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

A workaround is to use another browser like Safari (I can personally verify that the most recent Mac version of Safari works with Unity) or Firefox.
The good news is…Unity 5 has just been released.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top