Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2014 3:14:51 AM EDT
I noticed this when putting a rifle together that I entered in the competition. Selecting the CMMG BCG bundle does correctly add to the build price. However, when looking at the stats for the rifle the bolt carrier and bolt have N/A prices and no company name associated with them. The pricing was correct. I did put a CMMG barrel on that rifle also so, it could be a glitch there.

Link Posted: 8/5/2014 1:15:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I have more news on this bug. I have verified that it applies to any BCG put into a build when selected from the 'Bundle' option. The same happens with the Ranier Arms and Stag BCG's also. In the Stats for the parts list they simply show up as N/A - no manufacturer, no price. Soooo... this is definitely a not so nice bug. The parts do show up in the list correctly, until you save the build. When you re-load the build, they are not listed. I only use Gunstruction from my laptop so I don't know if this is the same in the mobile app versions. Re-loading the build from the URL and selecting the BCG 'Bundle' option doesn't show any BCG selected. Also, exploding the BCG and selecting the bolt carrier or the bolt doesn't show either of them selected. So, I reloaded one of the saved guns, couldn't remove the BCG bundle because Gunstruction didn't know which one it was. I exploded that and chose a Bolt carrier, then a bolt. That got added to the existing total. Then, I removed them and the total went back to where it should have been. I tried to add the Ranier Arms Bolt Carrier listed as BCG from the Bolt Carrier exploded view. That added correctly but didn't give me a bolt. There was no Ranier Arms bolt.

So, this section has to get fixed since the part detail isn't picking the parts up. That's going to make it tough for Phase 5 to know what BCG is supposed to be in the rifle they build for the winner of the competition. The price will be right in the examination of potential winning builds, but the BCG won't be listed at all if it was selected as a bundle.

Kind regards,
Will

Link Posted: 8/5/2014 1:26:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I did another additional test. After removing the BCG entirely from a build I selected the Armalite bolt carrier and the ARFCOM chromed bolt. Then, I saved the build again and saved teh URL. I then closed Gunstruction and reloaded it. Both parts showed up in the Parts Detail Correctly and the build price was correct. So, this is definitely a problem with the Bundle selection AND with the Bolt carrier selection when it is a bundle.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 2:38:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 2:56:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I tried something else out of curiosity because when the BCG is exploded some of the bolt carriers are listed there as BCG's - selecting a BCG bolt carrier (such as the Ranier Arms phospate BCG) doesn't put a bolt in. So, I selected the BCG bolt carrier and the bolt carrier shows up in the parts detail OK - no bolt. So, then I selected the Ranier bundle, then exploded the BCG and selected the Ranier BCG bolt carrier. This works out OK since the bolt stayed in the build and was listed as N/A but the Ranier BCG showed up in the parts detail under the bolt carrier. The price stayed correct.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top