Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2014 10:11:50 PM EDT
I have a design entered in the current Modern Musket contest, and have been keeping tabs on the top voted designs over the past couple weeks. I just checked the contest gallery and many of the previously most voted designs don't appear when I sort entries by "Most Voted" - is there something wrong on my end or did some entries get removed (and if so why?). My entry wasn't removed, I'm just curious.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 3:20:15 AM EDT
[#1]
The Gunstruction crew went through and removed entries that had driven up their vote count fraudulently. They've done that twice now and I suspect they will do so again. They have log files that show how the likes were entered. It's not foolproof though. I think the ones with the highest likes have probably posted tinyurl links and posted them in various social media sites to get people to like them and drive their vote counts up. Also, if they access links with mobile phones, every time they connect they'll get a new IP address. That lets them vote for their own gun hundreds of times.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top